April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Ultimate Clear Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

So fantastic. Goes on smoothly, but you still have to be careful about deoderant lines on your clothes. Sounds funny, but moving your arms back and forth a few times before putting on your shirt seems to do the trick.

I used aerosol Secret before using Dove, and my white shirts would get yellow stains in the armpit area after a while. Since I switched to Dove a couple years ago, this has yet to happen.

The smell is fantastic and is, indeed, fresh. The only downside is the packaging. The lid would certainly be improved with some sort of texture in order to get a better grip to take it off. If you use your lotion before deoderant, prepare to be frustrated trying to get the top off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here I am with yet another deodorant review. A few friends had raved about Dove's Ultimate Clear in the cucumber/green tea scent, so I figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because it's certainly cheaper than the Donna Karan Cashmere Mist I used and liked, just as effective as the Clarins cream deodorant I feel pretty meh about, and it's far better than the various other Dove deodorants I've tried.

The product is effective, and the smell is quite pleasant. My boyfriend loves the scent, probably even more than I do. If you're not a fan of the prevalent baby-powder/"rain" scents found in most deodorants, you will probably like this as well. As mentioned previously, there is nothing clear about this stuff- it leaves a fair amount of white marks, but not as many as the non-Ultimate Clear Dove products. Most importantly, it's cheap- try it.

Edited to add that my love of the scent waned with the shrinking stick of deodorant. The white marks became more irksome, as well. I wish I could give this 2.5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use enough of this stuff so that it works, but not so much that it leaves white marks. The smell is definitely unique, but it smells good even after playing sports. After a basketball game one of my teammates even complimented me on how good I smelled after all of that sticky sweatiness >.< I really like this deodorant... go dove =D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

Despite what a lot of people have to say about this product, I actually quite like it. I love the fact that since I have begun using this (I ended up picking this up on a random whim and have rebought it ever since), I don't get any razor burn and works absolutely wonderfully with my super sensitive skin. I especially LOVE the smell! A lot of people have complained that it's not invisible like it claims to be and I do have to agree...BUT if you read the label, it does say to apply a thin layer to keep it "invisible". I prefer this over the Secret "invisible" gel because this doesn't leave marks on my clothes like the Secret does (it still leaves marks, but not anything like Secret). I did give it 4 lippies because it isn't 100% completely invisible (I've given up on believing any deoderant about invisibility) and doesn't last as long as I would like, but even when the soft cucumbery smell dissipates, I never smell my own sweat (lol).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by betonyourself

Smells good and keeps me fresh. And, since I started using Dove deodorant a few years ago, I have noticeably less razor burn. However, it sure ain't ultimate "clear". Leaves white marks on clothes like a mofo. Eh.. I'm willing to sacrifice that because this is the only deodorant that's reduced my underarm razor burn.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mochasplash

i'm not fond of this smell.. i prefer the go fresh grapefruit/lemongrass deodorant. it doesnt go on clear either and it doesnt only stay on my skin.. wont buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This works just fine, but doesn't appear to be any more clear than the version labeled "invisible", which where i shop, costs less. So save your money and be careful when you wear black!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works OK to prevent sweating BUT BUT BUT turned my clothing yellow. I have had to pitch several very nice white pieces of clothing because of this deodorant. I love Dove products but this one is going to have to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

This deodorant smells really good and keeps my underarms smooth. It doesn't leave white marks on my clothing either!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ultimate clear, my foot. This deodorant has given me more smudges, streaks and stains than almost any other I've tried. However, it's the only thing that soothes my armpits after I shave them so I continue to repurchase it... not to mention it smells fabulous. And if I'm careful about application, drying time and putting my shirts on, I can avoid stains; I just have to be super-careful about using something else if I'm going clothes shopping (I have actually gotten deo stains on clothes before with this!).