Dove Ultimate Clear Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant Deodorant

3.8

on 8/18/2008 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use enough of this stuff so that it works, but not so much that it leaves white marks. The smell is definitely unique, but it smells good even after playing sports. After a basketball game one of my teammates even complimented me on how good I smelled after all of that sticky sweatiness >.< I really like this deodorant... go dove =D

Despite what a lot of people have to say about this product, I actually quite like it. I love the fact that since I have begun using this (I ended up picking this up on a random whim and have rebought it ever since), I don't get any razor burn and works absolutely wonderfully with my super sensitive skin. I especially LOVE the smell! A lot of people have complained that it's not invisible like it claims to be and I do have to agree...BUT if you read the label, it does say to apply a thin layer to keep it "invisible". I prefer this over the Secret "invisible" gel because this doesn't leave marks on my clothes like the Secret does (it still leaves marks, but not anything like Secret). I did give it 4 lippies because it isn't 100% completely invisible (I've given up on believing any deoderant about invisibility) and doesn't last as long as I would like, but even when the soft cucumbery smell dissipates, I never smell my own sweat (lol).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells good and keeps me fresh. And, since I started using Dove deodorant a few years ago, I have noticeably less razor burn. However, it sure ain't ultimate "clear". Leaves white marks on clothes like a mofo. Eh.. I'm willing to sacrifice that because this is the only deodorant that's reduced my underarm razor burn.

on 7/10/2008 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i'm not fond of this smell.. i prefer the go fresh grapefruit/lemongrass deodorant. it doesnt go on clear either and it doesnt only stay on my skin.. wont buy again

on 7/6/2008 12:49:00 AM

This works just fine, but doesn't appear to be any more clear than the version labeled "invisible", which where i shop, costs less. So save your money and be careful when you wear black!

Works OK to prevent sweating BUT BUT BUT turned my clothing yellow. I have had to pitch several very nice white pieces of clothing because of this deodorant. I love Dove products but this one is going to have to go.

on 5/23/2008 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This deodorant smells really good and keeps my underarms smooth. It doesn't leave white marks on my clothing either!

on 5/22/2008 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ultimate clear, my foot. This deodorant has given me more smudges, streaks and stains than almost any other I've tried. However, it's the only thing that soothes my armpits after I shave them so I continue to repurchase it... not to mention it smells fabulous. And if I'm careful about application, drying time and putting my shirts on, I can avoid stains; I just have to be super-careful about using something else if I'm going clothes shopping (I have actually gotten deo stains on clothes before with this!).

on 5/19/2008 10:29:00 PM

lasts a long time (both on me and the stick itself), one of the best scented deodorants on the market i say.

on 5/10/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My favorite deodorant! Smells great, goes on clear, and lasts all day. The only problem is that it starts to flake off a bit at the end of the day, but only if you touch it.