October 24, 2014 | 911 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galatee Confort

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by barker85

I am obsessed with this product!!! It is easy, smells fabulous, and leaves my skin soft and bright! Its not greasy at all and I really can notice an improvement with my skin. I have mildly dry skin, and this is perfect and light. I end up doing my nightly routine earlier in the evening then normal because I love the way it feels so much! lol!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal to combination (slight) skin. This is the second milky cleanser I've ever used (after Cetaphil-didn't like that either). It has a lovely floral scent and medium milky consistency. It does not lather or foam up in any manner, and does not rinse off completely. As a matter of fact, the water beaded up on my face after trying to rise off the cream. I found it to be too heavy for my skin and noticed some small pimples after two days of use. Had to return it to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by SummerDew

On the bottle states:
Dry Skin
Emolliently-rich, milky cream cleanser gently removes makeup and impurities. Contains honey and sweet almond seed extracts for clean, soft, comforted skin.

My Skin background
My skin is slightly leaning to the dry side, have slight wrinkles under the eye, and don't break out a lot.

Pros:
This cleanser is amazing and no other cleanser made my skin feel so balanced of moisure in the winter time.
The best thing I noticed was it reduce redness in my t-zone area and also reduce the acne scars i have.
As the bottle states very comforting on my face.

Cons:
After washing my face with this, it left a slight film of oil (not that much) on my face. I was a little bothered and thought it did not rinse off completely but later got used to it.
It is not a strong makeup remover, therefore I use it in the morning usually on days where i don't wear make up or hardly wear it at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i don't really like this because I feel that this cant cleanse well, and doesn't remove my makeup completely. it sting my eyes too!

althought it's not oily but I don't feel comfortable using it because I feel it too milky and abit oily for my preference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by ddou6780

So I read the reviews on this product and decided to give it a go. It is quite expensive for me as I have never been really fussed about cleansers but my skin is a combination of oily and dry, and has a tendency to break out. I thought I had acne for a while and started buying cleansers that were specific to acne prone skin. One day I decided that I probably didn't have it and maybe my cleansers had something to do with my break outs. I think I was right. Ever since switching over to this cleanser (which is for dry/sensitive skin) it has really helped! It is EXCELLENT at getting off my make-up (which isn't heavy, but I wear it almost everyday) - maybe 1 -2 cotton squares. It makes my skin feel clean and it never feels oily or dry after washing my face, or when I apply my moisturiser. I will definitely be buying this again! :)
I am trying to find a new cleanser, mostly because this is too expensive for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Galatee confort recently even though I have extremely oily skin. Using really drying products really makes my skin produce more oil than usual (its oily even with normal skincare though). I got it because I like washing my face in the morning but wiping it clean at night instead of washing it again, too much washing can cause a lot of redness and agitation and I have really sensitive skin. I love that this cleanser has honey and almond in it, since I have used these ingredients on my skin before as masks and they really calm it down. The cleanser itself is milky and soft, massages into the skin easily and has a somewhat strong fragrance but its not that bothersome to me. It takes makeup off well except mascara, and I have to use toner afterwards for the mascara. It is kind of pricey at 27 dollars for 6.8 oz and 53 i think for 13 oz, but there is a lot of product in the bottle, and I really really like that it only takes two pumps to clean my face with this (vs Eau de bienfait clarte that took several pumps or just toner which takes a lot more liquid). I gave it four lippies becoz I still like Diors cleansing gelee for lips, face and eyes texture, feel and smell better, but I dislike that I have to use more of the Dior cleanser to do the same job as less Lancome cleanser, so Im keeping thiso ne.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I generally like many of Lancome's products, I'm pretty indifferent and ambivalent about this product. As a make-up remover, it's perfectly functional, although the fragrance makes me kinda nutty. Which has me wondering what Lancome is trying to prove with such a heavy, floral scent. I made the mistake of purchasing a large bottle, only to realize afterwards, that I don't actually wear a lot of make-up at all anymore. Maybe that will change. It did make my skin tingle a little, so I think I'll use it alternately with another cleanser. It's better than your average cold cream cleanser, but nothing close to HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't remember when I first bought this product but I've gone through quite a few bottles since. I used it and it alone for years, as I was so impressed with how baby-soft it left the skin. It never irritates, never breaks you out, and you don't really need moisteriser afterwards. It also lasts for ages as it has a good pump, and two pumps will do. I massage it in and remove with cotton wool. It melts away all makeup, even eye make up, though I don't think you're supposed to do eye makeup as if you accidentally get it in your eyes as it stings a wee bit! Not so much that I stop doing it though! In recent years I've become even lazier and have started using Eau de Bienfait where you even skip the "massaging it in" phase. Yeah, by switching products I've managed to cut my cleansing down from 60 seconds to 20 - boy, am I lazy... But I still have the Galatee Comfort and I use when my skin is tender as I know it'll soothe it. This is a fantastic product which Lancome has really got right - I'd recommend it to anyone, especially people with dry or sensitive skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sharkgrl89

I absolutely love this cleanser. My skin is horribly acne prone and I've been having a lottt of trouble with it for the past 6 months. I've been trying everything and nothing has seemed to work until now.
This cleanser seems to have really calmed everything down. I don't feel any new pimples coming out or ones brimming just underneath the surface. It keeps my face calm and more importantly moisturized.
It may be a little expensive but hey as long as it works I'll continue to buy it instead of dropping a ton of cash on other crap that doesn't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by octavia6

I **love** La Thérapie Lait Démaquillant Peaux Normales - Gentle cleansing milk for normal skin, I got it while I was having a facial on the cruise. I still have Lancome Galatee Confort at home, and recently, my husband surprised me by giving me Clarisonic for face. I read the reviews and called the Clarisonic and they told me to use soapless facial cleanser while using it. Yesterday, I used it for the first time with Lancome's Galatee Confort and it was very ADDICTING. I use two minutes instead of one minute and my face was sooo smooth as a baby's bottom - and this morning I used it for one minute and my makeup was flawless. I expect that I will go through "purging" stage within two weeks before my face will get used to it.

I have normal/combination skin, I use Galatee Confort when I feel a little "tight" and at nighttime before I go to bed. In the morning, I use La Thérapie Lait Démaquillant Peaux Normales.
Lancome's Galatee Confort isn't overwhelming, when I use it, it leaves a nice moisturizing film on my face and it gives me a glowing look. I don't have any problems with it - no breakout, just one or two pimples once in a while.

***UPDATE*** 12/9/07 - I still use Galatee Confort with Clarisonic, and I switched the brush from sensitive to normal and use it for 2 minutes. Still no purging at all - and my face is so much SMOOTHER. No new pimples, no blackheads, no whiteheads - I use Renergie oil-free after using Clarisonic, I use concealer around my nose, under my eyes, and around my lips and then light coat of Studio Fix or Bare Escentuals with my favorite Sonia K. powder brush, then I'm out of the door. My face is brighter, glowing, and radiant and I don't need to hide my face with heavy coat of foundation. When I'm OUT of Galatee Confort, I'll buy another one in heartbeat!