L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 11/15/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've got oily skin prone to breakouts, and this is pretty much the only mineral foundation I've ever been able to wear. It's not quite a holy grail, but it's WAY better on my skin than any other mineral foundation I've tried.

PROS:

- Not overly sparkly or shiny, so doesn't greatly amplify oiliness or shine like a lot of "dewy" or "naturally glowing" mineral foundations tend to do.

- Doesn't turn bizarre colors as the day goes on - no darkening, no random brown or orange tints popping up out of nowhere.

- Impressive coverage for a mineral foundation. This might not entirely hide a monster zit, but it'll definitely cover minor blemishes, splotchiness, uneven skin tones, and general daily annoyances that most powders won't quite hide.

- Doesn't clog my pores, break me out, or appear to irritate my skin in any way. (Been using this for a few months now with no ill effects)

- Doubles as a sun screen (SPF19)

- Very reasonably priced (Under 10 bucks)

- Awesome built-in applicator

- A TON of warm and cool shades available

CONS:

- No mattifying power in its own right, so it still needs to be paired with anti-oil primers, is best avoided in super-humid weather, and looks kind of bizarre if you do have a mega oil attack.

- Still has a bit of mineral shine in its own right, so - despite being better than most - it's not completely off the hook in that category.

Basically, this is the best I've found in the "mineral powder foundation appropriate for oily, imperfect skin" category, and it's way quicker and easier than having to mess with a traditional foundation and setting powder, but it still has its limits.

on 11/2/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually use Everyday Minerals but I tried this and was so surprised. I am very fair and the color was almost too light, which I actually ended up liking a lot. When I was almost out, I started using it as a concealer and it worked AWESOME. The only reason I haven't bought more is the price!

on 10/28/2012 12:23:00 PM

My favorite foundation, from someone who hates foundation. Shades blend well with my very pale skin (I use soft ivory or natural ivory depending on how red my face is that day). This is quite a feat because foundations are almost always too orange, too pink, or too yellow for my skin. Coverage is fantastic and better than liquid foundations (hate) that I've tried- I don't have to use much to even out my skin, and can easily build coverage where necessary. The little container lasts forever. IMO this offers better coverage and a better variety of shades for pale skin than the more expensive bareminerals brand. Gripes: (1) the packaging sucks and (2) I think it may contribute to my breakouts at times - like many cheap foundations it has some not-so-great ingredients.

I will be devastated if they ever discontinue this product.

on 10/24/2012 3:01:00 AM

I've been using this for a few years because even though it's a powder it goes on silky smooth and has great coverage. I have to play with it so it's even over my face (takes about 5 minutes) but hey what's 5 minutes when it makes your skin look so good. I just have to be sure that my skin is well moisturized and exfoliated before applying but it's worth the extra time.
Editing on 9/1/2014: I'm STILL using this 5days out of 7, when I'm in a hurry or not really doing anything I use a bb cream. I have many so I'm not sure which one I'm currently using, I have to look in my makeup bag and see which one is in there and not in the box filled with crap that I don't like or use for one reason or another.

on 10/16/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this!! I don't like to use any other product for foundation! This foundation is a powder yet has SUPREME coverage power. You almost can't tell you are wearing anything, which is extremely impressive. I love that the brush is attached for trips when I don't want to take a bigger one, and though it's not the fanciest brush, it's actually decent considering you'll only use it for the life of the product. It also has a decent amount in there as well. Just be aware that bits will drop onto clothes while applying, and because it covers so well, they can be hard to shake out. So just lean or tuck in a napkin if you are already dressed. This can be expensive at some stores so I look for deals, but I won't go without it and usually stock up. I almost always have at least 2 on hand. I originally started in the palest color but it was too much so I went up one and have even tried a few other shades. The bronzer, eyeshadow and blush line is decent too, but I prefer L'Oreal True Match Blush.

on 10/9/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! Its not as orange in the lightest shade as the TRUE MATCH version of this, which is better for my white skin. but i also use another shade of this makeup in a darker shade to couture nicely otherwise it is really white! Can use it alone or over liquid/cream foundation. make sure to moisturise and prime first if your skin is dry it will just excentuate that if you dont moisturise well before hand! looks great in summer when it works with your skins natural oils/sweat to create that dewey/ flawless look we all love. overall its beautifull stuff and i have purchased it many many times :)

on 10/9/2012 10:06:00 AM

Love this powder foundation! I purchase it in several colors so I can use a pale shade for highlights and a darker shade to contour. I also switch shades for summer versus winter. It blends well, and I get great coverage for my rosacea and the tiny broken capilaries on my cheeks.

Here is how you can avoid getting bent out of shape over the packaging. Open lid. Remove brush. Throw brush into garbage. There! The lid fits tightly on the bottom **without** the brush - which is useless anyway!

I use the lid from a full-size loose powder as a mixing pan - apply with a concealer brush for heavier coverage, or with a kabuki brush for all-over lighter foundation.

The finish is great - I don't feel like my pores are huge. And it also doesn't dry my skin out.

on 10/1/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe all the complaints about the container. I have used this product for several years and it took one time of using it to figure out how to dispense the product without a lot of waste. I turn the container upside down while the lid and brush are still on. I give the bottom of the container a little tap. I turn the product right side up, take off the clear cap and unscrew the brush/lid. Before I completely lift off the brush, I gently tap the brush/lid down on the top of the container. this removes any powder that is on the underside of the brush/lid. Before I dip the brush into the powder, I gently shake the container from side-to-side so excess powder sifts back thru the holes, leaving only enough power for application. Also...I always store the container in an upright position. I love this product. It goes on easily, gives great coverage, and lasts all day with no touch ups.

on 8/27/2012 6:33:00 PM

This product overall was a so-so product. I think its product structure and its packaging hindered it from reaching what it could have been. Firstly, I despised the packaging. Other than the obvious lack of hygiene due to its brush feature, it was also incredibly messy. As a person who usually uses liquid foundation rather than mineral, you could say I'm not experienced enough to comment on its mineral formula as it was the only one I have ever tried before but I feel that this mineral foundation was exceptionally messy. You need to be extra careful when detaching the brush from the sifter to get the product because 9/10 times the product has already been all built up on top of the sifter and when you open it, all the product falls off. I HATED THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING. Not only was I left with powder on my shirt but also left with a mess to clean on my bathroom counter. This could just be me however but seriously if you're not careful and do not sift the product back into its little container at the bottom, dont be surprised when you have to spend an extra 10 minutes getting the soap out and changing clothes.
Other than that the coverage is alright......its somewhat hard to blend (however I used this so long ago so my memory of its coverage are not the most adequate). I remember having blotches on my face though (though I did use the brush given and not my own).
Its pricing was okay being that it is a L'oreal product which tend to usually dwell in the higher numbers of the pricing range. The colour was a bit off for me but that itself was entirely my fault.
Anyways give it a try, but seriously be careful with this product as it is explosive.

on 7/31/2012 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I first got this, I had high hopes for it. My skin has been getting a lot better, so I'd been looking for powder foundations that I could use instead of liquid, and I saw a lot of great reviews on this so I decided to try it out.

I have a cool undertone, so I got the lightest shade in that range, even though it looked a lot darker than the C1 True Match foundation. Got home, put it on and buffed it in, and it looked really nice, in the artificial lighting of my bedroom.

And then I went to film a video, and my face looked just...gross. It looked like I hadn't washed my face in days. Within about twenty minutes, it's like this turns to oil on my face or something, it just feels heavy and gross after a while.

I was also hoping that I wouldn't have to use my mattifying powder with this product, but I did. I was blotting that on quite often because this stuff just would not set and stay put or shine free.

The color was also too dark for my skin.

And, last thing, the packaging is not great at all. A lot of the powder got stuck underneith the sifter lid and I couldn't get it out, and there's no way to really get the powder out to get it on your brush unless you tip it upside down, and then it gets all over the underside of the brush. I tapped it out onto the lid and picked it up from there.

Anyway, I returned this product. Really not my cup of tea.