October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation, from someone who hates foundation. Shades blend well with my very pale skin (I use soft ivory or natural ivory depending on how red my face is that day). This is quite a feat because foundations are almost always too orange, too pink, or too yellow for my skin. Coverage is fantastic and better than liquid foundations (hate) that I've tried- I don't have to use much to even out my skin, and can easily build coverage where necessary. The little container lasts forever. IMO this offers better coverage and a better variety of shades for pale skin than the more expensive bareminerals brand. Gripes: (1) the packaging sucks and (2) I think it may contribute to my breakouts at times - like many cheap foundations it has some not-so-great ingredients.

I will be devastated if they ever discontinue this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I've been using this for a few years because even though it's a powder it goes on silky smooth and has great coverage. I have to play with it so it's even over my face (takes about 5 minutes) but hey what's 5 minutes when it makes your skin look so good. I just have to be sure that my skin is well moisturized and exfoliated before applying but it's worth the extra time.
Editing on 9/1/2014: I'm STILL using this 5days out of 7, when I'm in a hurry or not really doing anything I use a bb cream. I have many so I'm not sure which one I'm currently using, I have to look in my makeup bag and see which one is in there and not in the box filled with crap that I don't like or use for one reason or another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

LOVE this!! I don't like to use any other product for foundation! This foundation is a powder (as I'm sure you all know by now ;) ) yet has SUPREME coverage power. You almost can't tell you are wearing anything, which is extremely impressive. I love that the brush is attached for trips when I don't want to take a bigger one, and though it's not the fanciest brush, it's actually decent considering you'll only use it for the life of the product. It also has a decent amount in there as well. Just be aware that bits will drop onto clothes while applying, and because it covers so well, they can be hard to shake out. So just lean or tuck in a napkin :) This can be expensive at some stores so I look for deals, but I won't go without. I almost always have 2 on hand... :) I originally started in the palest color but it was too much so I went up one and it's heavenly. The bronzer and blush line is decent too, but I prefer L'Oreal True Match Blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! Its not as orange in the lightest shade as the TRUE MATCH version of this, which is better for my white skin. but i also use another shade of this makeup in a darker shade to couture nicely otherwise it is really white! Can use it alone or over liquid/cream foundation. make sure to moisturise and prime first if your skin is dry it will just excentuate that if you dont moisturise well before hand! looks great in summer when it works with your skins natural oils/sweat to create that dewey/ flawless look we all love. overall its beautifull stuff and i have purchased it many many times :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Yellobrix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this powder foundation! I purchase it in several colors so I can use a pale shade for highlights and a darker shade to contour. I also switch shades for summer versus winter. It blends well, and I get great coverage for my rosacea and the tiny broken capilaries on my cheeks.

Here is how you can avoid getting bent out of shape over the packaging. Open lid. Remove brush. Throw brush into garbage. There! The lid fits tightly on the bottom **without** the brush - which is useless anyway!

I use the lid from a full-size loose powder as a mixing pan - apply with a concealer brush for heavier coverage, or with a kabuki brush for all-over lighter foundation.

The finish is great - I don't feel like my pores are huge. And it also doesn't dry my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Sonoran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe all the complaints about the container. I have used this product for several years and it took one time of using it to figure out how to dispense the product without a lot of waste. I turn the container upside down while the lid and brush are still on. I give the bottom of the container a little tap. I turn the product right side up, take off the clear cap and unscrew the brush/lid. Before I completely lift off the brush, I gently tap the brush/lid down on the top of the container. this removes any powder that is on the underside of the brush/lid. Before I dip the brush into the powder, I gently shake the container from side-to-side so excess powder sifts back thru the holes, leaving only enough power for application. Also...I always store the container in an upright position. I love this product. It goes on easily, gives great coverage, and lasts all day with no touch ups.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Danishviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product overall was a so-so product. I think its product structure and its packaging hindered it from reaching what it could have been. Firstly, I despised the packaging. Other than the obvious lack of hygiene due to its brush feature, it was also incredibly messy. As a person who usually uses liquid foundation rather than mineral, you could say I'm not experienced enough to comment on its mineral formula as it was the only one I have ever tried before but I feel that this mineral foundation was exceptionally messy. You need to be extra careful when detaching the brush from the sifter to get the product because 9/10 times the product has already been all built up on top of the sifter and when you open it, all the product falls off. I HATED THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING. Not only was I left with powder on my shirt but also left with a mess to clean on my bathroom counter. This could just be me however but seriously if you're not careful and do not sift the product back into its little container at the bottom, dont be surprised when you have to spend an extra 10 minutes getting the soap out and changing clothes.
Other than that the coverage is alright......its somewhat hard to blend (however I used this so long ago so my memory of its coverage are not the most adequate). I remember having blotches on my face though (though I did use the brush given and not my own).
Its pricing was okay being that it is a L'oreal product which tend to usually dwell in the higher numbers of the pricing range. The colour was a bit off for me but that itself was entirely my fault.
Anyways give it a try, but seriously be careful with this product as it is explosive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

When I first got this, I had high hopes for it. My skin has been getting a lot better, so I'd been looking for powder foundations that I could use instead of liquid, and I saw a lot of great reviews on this so I decided to try it out.

I have a cool undertone, so I got the lightest shade in that range, even though it looked a lot darker than the C1 True Match foundation. Got home, put it on and buffed it in, and it looked really nice, in the artificial lighting of my bedroom.

And then I went to film a video, and my face looked just...gross. It looked like I hadn't washed my face in days. Within about twenty minutes, it's like this turns to oil on my face or something, it just feels heavy and gross after a while.

I was also hoping that I wouldn't have to use my mattifying powder with this product, but I did. I was blotting that on quite often because this stuff just would not set and stay put or shine free.

The color was also too dark for my skin.

And, last thing, the packaging is not great at all. A lot of the powder got stuck underneith the sifter lid and I couldn't get it out, and there's no way to really get the powder out to get it on your brush unless you tip it upside down, and then it gets all over the underside of the brush. I tapped it out onto the lid and picked it up from there.

Anyway, I returned this product. Really not my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by shyaa

When I was having regular treatments to the dermatologist and had clear skin I used this product and loved it. I received many compliments while wearing this product. Two girls even touched my face because they said my skin looked soft. I used a decent amount of product and was able to achieve a flawless (as many people describe my face while wearing this) but yet natural finish. Many people on here have stated that they did not use the brush that came along with it; but, to me it worked just fine. The only thing I didn't like about the brush is that it shed. The packaging is also messy but I can use something else to pour this foundation into and use. The only thing is that I'm not sure how this product would look on problem skin (meaning raised acne) I had discoloration that it covered very nicely, though. At the time when I was using the gel my dermatologist prescribed my skin was VERY and I mean very oily from the gel. I had to blot about every 30 to 40 minutes and no foundation was able to control my oil, so I did not have high expectations from this foundation for oil control. I gave this product 5 lippies because I know not everyone has THAT oily of skin like I had at the time. My suggestion is to give this product a try a couple of times, apply enough to cover most problem areas and blend well.

Warning: this product may cause clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is perfect for my skin. As my skin is very pale, I find it hard to find the right shade of foundation but the color selection for this foundation is good, and it has many different pale shades. The coverage is buildable, from medium to full, and it takes alot to make it look "cakey". It gives the perfect matte finish! It blends into my skin like satin, and for me, it stays throughout the day, without any touchups needed. My skin is not oily at all, and I have very little acne. But I suffer from a bit redness, and this does the job covering it all!
About the packaging. You get a good amount of foundation for the money, but it tends to get stuck under the lid. Overall the packaging is poor.
Also, I would recommend buying a seperate brush, as the one you get with it might hurt your skin, since it's a bit "stingy".
This foundation is definitely worth a try, and it's also very cheap, so I would say it's worth it! I hope you get as happy with this as I do, and I hope it does the same wonders for your skin as it does to mine :)