December 19, 2014 | 1501 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pure White Linen

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can only imagine this smells better on everyone else - to me it's like inhaling a great big mouthful of hairspray, chemical and nauseating to the point that I can't distinguish any other notes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this fragrance - I never thought that I would love an Estee Lauder fragrance! This is really fresh and clean perfect for spring and summer. I work in a school so this is just perfect as anything too strong/cloying and the children would be sure to comment! I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It starts off as bug spray...but the drydown is softer and likeable. I got a sample .5oz spray in my GWP, and its ok. I wouldnt purchase it though as its really strong, it would tickle my nose all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sertasheeplover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I ordered this sight unseen(or smell unsmelled) from FragrancesX. I bought it based on all the lovely ladies here who took the time to review it. And thank you ladies! This is wonderful stuff.

When I first spray it, I definitely detect the grapefruit. But it dries down nicely into ...um...im not good at perfume descriptions. It just reminds me of a crisp clean summer day. Its WONDERFUL. I was a little hesitant, as my taste are for heavier perfumes( a la Christian Dior Poison..which is my fave) and i dont care for citrus scents. But this is so beautiful. Lasting power is good, and only need 2 sprays or its overpowering.

Already had quite a few compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by fpih

After hating white linen so much, I would never stop to sample pure white linen, if I had not smelled it on a magazine first. I am so glad I did! It is a completely different fragrance, so fresh where WL is spicy, so uplifting, such a light floral where WL is heavy, that you can wear it every day and not get bored once. It is the perfect fragrance for everyday wear, whether it is for office use, shoping in the mall or taking the kids to the playgarden. It immediately lifts my spirits everytime I try it and makes me feel clean and fresh, as if my day is just starting, even when it's actually afternoon! Can be worn anytime and any season of the year, though I definetely prefer to use stronger and sexier parfums at the evening/night (Samsara, Coco, Her). I used to wear Beautiful Sheer in the morning but I now find PWL fresher and better for its lack of sweetness. The staying power is good, 4-6 hours at most (Sheer lasts a little longer on me and has greater sillage too). Definetely worth buying especially online since it can be found much cheaper than its original price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice scent! So pure and feminine!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by tessabeth

I bought this during the summer a few years ago... I wanted something for summer that was light, refreshing, airy, but not "tropical fruit punch". I loved it. I wore it every day and always received compliments from men and women alike. I found that I could even wear it in the evening or for formal occasions (normally I would choose an oriental/spicy type but found this worked well). I finished the small bottle over the summer and didn't repurchase because I didn't think it would be suitable for colder months. For Christmas this year, a friend of mine bought this for me. He said he always loved the way I smelled when I wore this. I sprayed it and discovered I was SO happy to be wearing this scent again. And I found it actually works well in the winter. It is sweet with the tiniest bit of spice and so fresh and clean. It is absolutely beautiful and feminine (sexy without the "dirty, sexy"). For a detailed list of the notes in it, just scroll down. It isn't cloying, but again, because it isn't tropical fruit punch it can be worn in winter (though some people might debate that). Even though this is light and airy, it is not a cold scent. There is a warmth to it that makes it suitable for colder months. But it's so refreshing, classy and sophisticated. I"m back to receiving tons of compliments and I'm so glad to have this back again! I am finding that I wear it every day and it is becoming "MY" scent! (That is something that has always been a goal for me).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

The first time I tried Pure White Linen, it was from a very generous mini included in a store gift package, so I was predisposed to good feelings. However, the second time I tried it, I fell totally in love with Pure White Linen on its own merits. This is a gorgeous fragrance, very light, white floral, dry, with one of the prettiest grapefruit/citric openings in the business. This is also a somewhat paradoxical fragrance, in that it seems to fade quickly, but if you become overenthusiasitic and overspray, it will kill you and entire rooms full of horrified on-sniffers. Used lightly, there is an overall impression of grapefruit, lilies, freesia, citrus, honeysuckle, tea rose, light jasmine -- a dry, light, cooling, refreshing, very elegant scent. Oversprayed, it is stabbier than a deluxe knife set. The lotion has a slightly plastic-y scent, but extends the fragrance fairly well. The bottle is lovely -- a frosted glass wave over a classic glass column.

One proviso: I used to like the original White Linen fairly well, especially sprayed after the bath or shower following a difficult day. In the last few years, however, White Linen has become too dense, Perfume Lady, sharp. Pure White Linen, despite the hype, is almost nothing like White Linen. I only say "almost" because rumor is they share a few notes. PWL is dry, no dense Perfume Lady amalgamated floral, and unless oversprayed, not stabby.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the notes for this fragrance I was sure I would not like it at all. I wore White Linen years ago and but now it just seems so overpowering! Pure WL comes up really gorgeous on my skin and those notes I usually dislike (Rose, Raspberry and specially Patchouli) are so beautifully blended, I can barely single them out! This smells white and crisp to me, very bright and fresh ... definitely a winner for spring!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

It smells a bit like detergent. I don't like it at all.