December 22, 2014 | 1547 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Smoothliners

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lollipops_123

GAH! I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to love this eyeliner. Except it just didn't work out. It was fine in the winter time. No sweat, it wouldn't run down my face like the summertime and fall. I always found by the end of the day it'd be smudeged. It mostly be smudged under my eyes which extrememly annoyed me. I'm still on a hunt for my HG liner, but for now i suppose i might as well use up the rest of this. I may someday reperchase the eyeliner if i can't find anything better. Considering the price i payed for it, really dissapointed me. I think that it may have worked on people with dry lids, other wise I am very active through out the day reason why it might have smudged on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roots66

I've been doing a lot of research on here, trying to find the verdict on the best pencil liners available. I've been fairly loyal to the automatic-style pencils for years (namely Revlon Colorstay and Almay Amazing), but I've lately grown increasingly frustrated with their faults--poor color payoff, difficult to apply, impossible to sharpen to a fine point, not nearly as smudge-proof as they claim, etc. and so on. I was just about to shell out for either a UD 24/7 Zero or a MAC Powerpoint Engraved when I stumbled upon the Annabelle reviews, which basically dubbed Smoothliner as the bargain-basement equivalent to those--some folks even declared it to be better! I'm so pleased with it I probably won't ever have to do a comparison with UD or MAC--and my wallet will be all the happier for it. So far I've only tried it in black, and only on my lower lashline (I use liquid on the upper lashline).

PROS: Smooth consistency, effortless application, rich pigmentation, long-wearing, reasonably priced, easy to sharpen (some earlier reviewers complained of the opposite, but my el cheapo NYC sharpener works just fine).

CONS: Needs frequent sharpening--but I'll take that over not being able to sharpen it at all. Smudges a teensy-weensy bit after a few hours--but I'm starting to believe there's no such thing as a completely non-smudging pencil, so I can deal with it. (Doesn't seem to smudge much further after you wipe off the initial round of schmutz--bonus!) Like all long-wearing liners, you need an oily-style remover to get it off, and even then traces of it will remain.

Quite possibly an HG! I'm going to try the Brownie and Gunmetal shades pretty soon. Since it was on sale, I also picked up an Annabelle Kohl pencil in black just for the heck of it, and it's excellent as well--a softer shade of black, good for when I want a more subtle look. Naturally it's of a slightly smudgier nature, but somehow it's way less smudgetastic than the kohls I recall from my panda-eyed youth! Overall these liners are among the best Canadian discoveries I've made since moving here from NYC seven years ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by yoyomofo

well i bought this liner in my never-ending search for liner that doesn't disappear or end up making me look like a raccoon after 2 hours of wearing it. i kind of thought it would be crap but i bought two of them because they were fairly cheap ($5.75 CAD) and said they were waterproof. well let me tell you how surprised i was when they actually were waterproof and budgeproof! they last all day! and the best part is that you can still smudge them for a smokey look right after you put them on and after about 60 seconds the look is sealed! they also apply like a dream (so smooth and creamy) and blend super nicely! i was so impressed i went back to buy them in every colour but they only had black left. so i now own them in brownie (fave), bronze, and black! i hope they come out with some limited edition ones soon since i missed out on all the le's last year:(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by SugarDanish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a pretty good eyeliner when it comes to drugstore products, I use it when I want to do a smudy look, stays put and looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

These are heavenly. Best eyeliner period. You can smudge them or let them set and they will stay put! Wonderful colors too :D I have brownie, jade and gunmetal.. and electric bronze (se) from their summer collection

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Solarfall

I've got it in black, and it's a staple for finishing my smokey-eye looks. Goes on nice and rich and stays that way. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by keg6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eyeliner... it goes on really, really smoothly and it's waterproof so it's long lasting. Also, you cannot beat the price!! :)

I will put this on at 8am... and it's still on perfectly at the end of the day - I'm talking midnight!!!

My favorite is the emerald shade... gorgeous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mlit2384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought this in black on a whim, but I was pleased with the results. it's so smooth and creamy and applies vividly. It's long lasting too. I find that the pencil tip is a bit too thick for my preference but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. Reviewer below is right, annabelle is underrated. I heard powerpoint from mac might get dc'd...if that's true,this is an excellent substitute! Also, since its so creamy and doesn't tug it works as a great es base..I will probably get other colors just for that purpose. Would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by emgabrielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Annabelle Smoothliners for about a year now and have this in black and brown. I first saw my friend using it for a touch up and noticed that it went on very dramatically; smooth and rich. I have recommended it to all of my friends and so far, none have been disappointed. Its my HG and I don't think I'll be trying any more :) Price is quite decent for the quality you're given (around $6 CAD at my local Shoppers Drug Mart). I have already lost a couple, but have been sure to restock. It's the only one I will use. Greatest value.

UPDATE: It does smudge a little bit, but it has a nice effect :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Sanazi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in black & brown and love both
I think Annabelle is seriously underreated... the products are amazing for the price, esp the eyeliners