December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Sunlight Color Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Dolphin315

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it to brighten my bluish under-eye area, to cover blemishes and tone down redness around my nose. I was surprised that the light yellow concealer works so well to cover redness. Also surprised that a powder concealer works well under my eyes - just a little moisturizer first and no settling into fine lines or anything like that.
I bought the full size of this and I think it's a life-time supply! I probably should have stuck with the mini size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by tia347

I really like the sunlight concealer. It really gets rid of my super duper dark circles under my eyes. I highly recommend this if you have real dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rmyeung

At first, I just used the everyday mineral concealer brush to apply it around my eye areas. It didn't work as it was too drying, resulting in caky patches. I read some of your reviews and decided to give it another try by blending it with my eye cream. It did wonders! My dark circles are gone without a trace. Here is the daily routine that works for me : First, apply a very hydrating eye cream such as Jamieson vitamin E eye cream or Exuviance Bionic Eye Cream around your eye areas. Don't wait for the eye cream to dry. While the eye cream is still there, use your ring finger to apply the sunlight concealer and try to blend the concealer with the eye cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sunlight is a flat matt yellow powder with no sparkle. Some people use it for concealing purplish under eye circles and others for neutralising red facial imperfections. It tends to be a little dry for under the eye area on its own. Unless its put on very very sparingly it has a tendency to show up fine lines. I've been mixing Sunlight with their Light Pink sparkle blush powder to get a subtle sparkly light peach, and I find this better for concealing my undereye circles. I have very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a matte yellow toned mineral powder concealer. I don't think it is all that yellow, as the name suggests. It is more of a yellow toned fair skin color. I use this concealer lightly on my cheeks before applying powder foundation to tone down any redness and broken capillaries. I also use it on my eyelids as a primer before applying eyeshadow. This concealer works great for me: I love it! I have very fair warm toned skin. I'm not sure this concealer would work at all on those with darker toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ohvanity

I actually like this concealer, I use it for my under-eye areas that I have inherited from my parents (yes, I was born with extremely dark circles). It gives you a buildable and nice coverage, though it seems very yellow in the packaging. I would however, not reccomend to buy the big size of it as you wont use everything before it gets old and needs to be thrown away.

I must admit that I perfer cream concealers over powder ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Pyper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably the best concealer I've found for disguising dark circles. However, it is SO, SO yellow. I needed a layer of foundation darker than my normal foundation to camouflage the yellow tone. Not really worth the trouble, as I've since found the Multi-tasking foundation matches my skin perfectly and is great for blemishes/redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by KatherineLesley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually received this as part of the free sample kit, and first off have to say it was a ridiculously generous sample for being free. This product does work to cover dark circles, and the real test is in the application. Personally I apply this concealer with a damp flocked sponge because I have found that it is the best way to dab it on without having it appear streaky or cakey. I then let it dry and dust a minimal amount of foundation over it with a sparse Kabuki so as to not wear it off and the colour evens out to match my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by panda__eyes

When I first used this product, I was not happy with the results. It sank into the fine lines near the inner corners of my eyes and looked extremely yellow and bright. So I decided it was probably my fault since I didn't moisturize before hand. I tried it again...moisturizing over and over again (I used complex 15 moisturizer)...then I put it on again and at first it was o-kay...but after the makeup settled...I could still see those creepy looking fine lines. but FINALLY, I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! Firstly, don't ever use a primer that dries matte under eyes like smashbox primer light. Secondly, remember to moisturize beforehand. I would actually suggest a moisturizer that is very light and absorbs well like complex 15. After moisturizing, use the primer COVER FX (it's really REALLY good. I've used many primers like laura mercier, smashbox, MAC, etc. but cover fx is the best one for me)... now you don't need that much because it's quite concentrated. After you put on the cover FX primer, do NOT wait for it to dry! Instead, dab your finger into the sunlight concealer (and sorta rub it onto the container lid so that there's only a very thin layer on your finger...and not just one big blob of powder) and rub it onto undereye. The concealer will blend WONDERFULLY with the cover fx primer and the concealer also becomes VERY buildable and very natural!!

Also, wait for 5 minutes for the concealer to settle. In the beginning, it might look a bit too bright...but after a few minutes, it'll look really natural.

If for some reason, you've made a mistake or something (e.g. putting way too much powder)...simply put on a bit of the cover fx primer to wipe + blend away the mistake.

I hope this works for everyone else because the sunlight concealer is really good for me when I use it like this...and I have really really dark under eye circles and eye bags that never go away.

UPDATE: I will not use this concealer ever again. Unfortunately, it doesn't look natural anymore and the techniques that I've used before doesn't seem to work anymore (it almost seems like my skin has adapted to them). For those look for good coverage and excellent staying power, consider using Make up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer...(though it's not made from minerals)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, this shade is much too light for my skintone, but it does a heck of a job covering those dark circles under my eyes, and when mixed with my peach concealer, is absolutely perfect. I really would give this a higher ranking because the product is really good, but since I do have to mix it to make the shade right, I think that means I have to knock it down a notch.