April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Self Tanners - Dove - Summer Glow

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by vicxon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

well it takes ages to dry and if it isn't dry it rubs of on your clothes. the colour isn't that great but i would say its average. i've found a new tanning lotion and when i compare it to this. i'm never gonna look back. i gave it a 2 cause well this used to be my fav so i gotta give it credit for that. But overall i wont buy this product again and i can't really recommend it now.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by vblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product as a lotion with the benefits of a self tan. It didn't do what I expected of a lotion and by skin was no different after a week - not softened, a little tanned, and smelling weird because of its scent like biscuits. I appreciated the self tanning in the short term but decided I didn't need it and wanted a more natural lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many tanners ( cheap and $$), but I keep coming back to this. The color is nice & natural, I use this every evening in summer time. As always one have to scrub the skin quite often, so the color looks even. I use micro cloth. The only thing I dislike is the smell, all tanners has the same odor. Well well, what can you do?? If you like tanned skin, it is worth it. :-)))

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Daisy18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love dove energy glow! It didn't turn me orange like other self tanners or bronzers, the more I put on, the more I tanned :) very happy with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by soskindeep

As a very fair gal, I have tried endless amounts of various self tanners. This one in particular, had extremly dissapointing results. Being so fair, my biggest problem when using self tanners is generally turning a yellow-ish to orangey shade. This one however, had a major streaking problem! I shaved and exfoliated prior to use to allow the most even coverage, and yet it still was steaky and I had orange spots all over my legs. I was bumed out because Dove is usually a well trusted brand, but I don't think I'll be trying anymore drugstore self tanners anytime soon! I would not reccomend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, it gives me a nice golden tan and I rarely mess it up! Can be a bit sticky but apart from that its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ohitsjessevanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Naturally I am an NW20 in MAC foundations but during the summer months like every body else I want a nice golden tan. Unfortunatly my tan has to be fake, as I will not risk skin cancer from laying out in the sun or on a sunbed. I have tried a few fake tans and gradual tanners like dove summer glow and I always come back to this one.

I have been using the one for fair to medium skin. You MUST exfoliate your body before putting this on otherwise it could go streaky. I have been exfoliating before every use and have had NO streaks whatsoever. Before I apply I also moisturize my body especially my elbows, wrists, knees etc as sometimes it can make my elbows really dark.

For my skin after one application you can see the difference, my skin is alittle darker and this gives me exactly the same colour on my skin as St Tropez Mousse which is so much more expensive than the Dove and isn't as good. After two applications on my skin the colour is a light golden tan and is perfect for my skintone, after 2-3 days I will reapply so it doesnt fade.

I love this because;

Even when I exfoliate my body well St Tropez can still be streaky on me, the Dove one NEVER streaks!

It smells good, it does have that slight self tan biscuit smell but it is NOT strong or as strong as some other self tanners.

The color is a light golden tan colour, exactly the same as St Tropez but far less expensive.

It is super cheap and a bottle can last me atleast 4 full body applications.

I partically like the one with slight shimmer as it adds a sort of shimmery glow to your tan which can be amazing when your out in the sun.

The only negative I can think of is that it takes alittle while for it to sink into my skin, maybe I apply too much but sometimes I will apply 3 hours before bed and it can still be tacky when I go to bed hours later, so now i've started applying it in the morning when i have more time for it to sink in properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I use the med/dark one all the time, it's my favourite gradual tanner I've tried. It dries so quickly & develops into a lovely colour overnight after just 1 application - I don't need to build it up. I've had lots of compliments about how nice & natural my tan looks with this. Very easy to apply (with gloves) - comes out just like a body lotion. I use this tan over proper fake tans most of the time due to the ease of application & how quickly it dries. Has never been streaky/patchy on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I look like a person carrying a contagious disease, who is veeeery sloooooowly, definitely not overnight! day after day after day developing signs of jaundice. Dove Hepatitis Glow. Thank goodness I mostly wear pants and tried it on my legs first, PASS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this every morning for 5 days, didn't notice much of a difference til the 4th or 5th. It was a bit orangey but maybe that's because I am so plae naturally.
The smell is lovely at first but does build up that biscuity self tan smell after a couple uses- but not over powering.
I would buy this again because for the money I think it's the best there is.
I have tried more expensive ones and although they develop faster they stink!