Dove Summer Glow

3.3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the worst self-tanner I have ever tried! The smell is really strong, the colour turns out orange, the cream sits on the skin; never really absorbs and leaves you feeling so greasy. It's cheap but it stinks badly. It's so greasy!! It stains everything and it's just not worth it.

I really CAN'T recommend this product at all! I aplied it to my legs - the smell was awfull, the products formula not that nice (kind of sticky) - and after like 3 mins it started to burn like hell - so I washed it of as quick as I could, and my legs just had wounds all over them for quite some time, because of the allergic reaction... kind of nasty :s

This stuff came out a horrible yellow on my fair skin - at least it faded quick.

well i am not completely happy with this product, oh no, but i will keep purchasing this type of self-tanners from time to time, when i run out of my Piz Buin or just want a lighter tan.

it smells bad, it's sticky, and the effect is the famous orange in a can....i look like a carrot if i apply this directly on my skin.

i use it for maintenance purposes, apply it on my already tanned skin, help the 'good' products live longer and it does a good job in this department. but by itself is a little disaster...

i think i used it once or twice on my face without anything before and it wasn't that bad since our faces tend to be darker than the rest of the body in general...and i have some yellowish undertones so not a real biggie but still...i could see the orange. no way i'm going to apply this kind of products (Nivea, Johnson&Johnson, Dove, etc, the cosmetic companies who've thought of coming up with gradual tanners and sh*t like that) on my bare skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

well it takes ages to dry and if it isn't dry it rubs of on your clothes. the colour isn't that great but i would say its average. i've found a new tanning lotion and when i compare it to this. i'm never gonna look back. i gave it a 2 cause well this used to be my fav so i gotta give it credit for that. But overall i wont buy this product again and i can't really recommend it now.

I bought this product as a lotion with the benefits of a self tan. It didn't do what I expected of a lotion and by skin was no different after a week - not softened, a little tanned, and smelling weird because of its scent like biscuits. I appreciated the self tanning in the short term but decided I didn't need it and wanted a more natural lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many tanners ( cheap and $$), but I keep coming back to this. The color is nice & natural, I use this every evening in summer time. As always one have to scrub the skin quite often, so the color looks even. I use micro cloth. The only thing I dislike is the smell, all tanners has the same odor. Well well, what can you do?? If you like tanned skin, it is worth it. :-)))

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love dove energy glow! It didn't turn me orange like other self tanners or bronzers, the more I put on, the more I tanned :) very happy with this product.

As a very fair gal, I have tried endless amounts of various self tanners. This one in particular, had extremly dissapointing results. Being so fair, my biggest problem when using self tanners is generally turning a yellow-ish to orangey shade. This one however, had a major streaking problem! I shaved and exfoliated prior to use to allow the most even coverage, and yet it still was steaky and I had orange spots all over my legs. I was bumed out because Dove is usually a well trusted brand, but I don't think I'll be trying anymore drugstore self tanners anytime soon! I would not reccomend this product to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this product, it gives me a nice golden tan and I rarely mess it up! Can be a bit sticky but apart from that its great.