December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, the BEST gradual tanner I've ever owned! I started noticing color after 2 night of applying. And the color is a true golden tan. The usual "ick" smell that comes from ST is really toned down in this product, too. It's just a light, sweet and dare I say... pleasant smell. It's oil-free and I have used this on my face with out problem. It's also not tested on animals!

I bought this at Walmart for $5 or $6, and I think it's going to last me quite awhile. Would def repurchase when it does run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have had really good outcomes from this tanner. But, small caveat, that is ONLY when I use it when I have a slight "real" tan already. So it is really more for maintenance. I usually get a small tan in the spring here because it is so beautiful outside, but the summer is unbearably hot and it goes away (besides, I don't want THAT much real sun anyway). I don't see much results when I use it without a slight tan, but I really do see a difference when I do. It is a lovely bronze and natural color (even with my light skin). I have neutral undertones, so I couldn't say how it would work on more warm or cool tones. I use this about every other day, no streaking, smell is "okay" at first but then it is a little too sweet for me and it lingers. It leaves me moisturized, but not on so thick that it makes me get sweaty when I go outside. This is my go-to summer tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ChrissyNoell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Having been using this lotion since last year, I was tanning and wanted something that would extend my tan, it worked great, I haven't been able to tan much this year, so I just started using it as a self tanner and I'm happy with the results, to me it doesn't smell as bad as jergens, copertone, or the other self tanners I have used over the years, and it doesn't make me look orange either. I am going to buy another bottle tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by TiffaniCo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a self tanner, because tanning beds are outrageously expensive and I don't see a change in my skin tone after using them, plus my skin is very fair and I get sun poisioning almost everytime im in the sun. So needless to say, self tanner was my only alternative. My mom had a little bit left in her old bottle of this lotion and I put it on before bed, woke up in the morning and notcied a durastic change in my skin color, then I went to go buy a new bottle and used it almost everyday for 4 days, and I had an amazing natural looking tan. Ive been busy with work and haven't had the time to use it so its faded out now, and now I can see the huge difference between my own pale legs and the beautiful risk free natural looking tan I get out of a bottle!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lindsii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

most amazing lotion EVER. i have the dryest skin you'll ever see and i'm allergic to most lotions on the market. i went to walmart a week ago, looking for my usual otion potion xtreme tanning intensifying lotion. unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, but the similar bottle caught my eye. i was hesitant to buy this because i wanted lotion to use to progress my indoor tanning, but i gave it a shot. for $5, i was surprised and very pleasantly so. i used it before the tanning bed and before going to bed at night. i woke up to a beautiful golden tan i would not have got had i found the ocean potion lotion. i began using the lotion daily, multiple times a day for only three days prior to my graduation, and by the night of my graduation i was glowing. all my friends asked if i'd been hitting the tanning bed or been to the beach and said i looked amazing with some color. my ankles, wrists, and between my fingers did slightly stain too dark, but i scrubbed it off easily. the application was flawless and very smooth and even. the smell is very pleasant and tropical as far as i'm concerned. the morning after my first use, i did smell the self tanning product in the lotion on my body, and a shower fixed it immediately without ridding me of any color. overall, you get alot of the product for such a low price. i am a very plae person anturally and the only downfall i found with this lotion is it is a bit heavy on the face, and my face would not absorb it, it just kinda sat on the top and felt kind of like sweat. my face is significantly lighter than my body, but makeup masks that and its probably just me. it tanned the tops of my feet and hands great, which are my other problem areas. overall i adore this lotion. it makes my skin sooo smooth and soft, which i never thought was possible. i love this produt, and would reccomend it to anyone who is afraid of tanning or is unable to tan. it looks very natural and is incredibly inexpensive. try it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by aminn00

This is by far the BEST tanning lotion I've ever used & I've tried several others. There is a faint scent when you first put it on, but after it dries (I put it on before bed after my shower) there is no smell the next morning. I can see results after one application & after two it's even better! I have naturally light olive skin & the color I get from this lotion is very natural looking. Here are the ingredients (the ones listed above aren't right):
Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Erythrulose, Ubiquinone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHT, Citric Acid.
I have only seen this available at Walmart & it costs around $5 + change. I've already suggested this to my friends & my mom uses it & LOVES it. My skin is so glad I found this - no more tanning beds or sun baking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by briii

This is the best self tanning lotion ever (: i'm pretty pale and have a hard time finding a self tanner that doesn't turn me orange. This lotion makes me look like I have a natural tan which I love. It smells amazing too! alot of sunless tanning lotions have a gross smell to them but this one smells great. It was pretty cheap too and the bottle lasts for a long time too. Overall this is a great sunless tanning lotion and i don't think I'll ever let this one go (=

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

I was planning on buying the Hawaiin Tropics Island Radiance Creme but I saw this was cheaper and you get twice as much product. I'm so glad I did! It works great Ive been using this for about five days now. I put it on only my upper body and not my legs to see if it really worked and then I could compare. Five days later I look like I have a natural glow like I've been tanning for a few days or something. I haven't use a self tanner in ten years so I guess I was kinda expecting an orange glow like I used to get. This looks very natural. I will definitly repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by aliciavogue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this because I was so pasty white after this winter. I was in Wlamart and came across a Malibu Tan Hem Lotion Self-tanner. I hate spray self tanners and usually only stick with lotions because they're much more fool-proof and really it's really easy to get even coverage. It's also a plus that it's a gradual tanner. So far I'm on day two and I already have a really nice glow. This is a firming, moisturizing and self tanning lotion all in one. Also, what I didn't know until I got home and read the back of the bottle, It contains DHA which is an Omega-3 fatty acid which is GREAT for you. So far, I am loving this product. The only thing I don't like is the smell. I have a really sensitive nose and can smell this stuff on me all day. Al in all, it's a great, healthy and cheap alternative to tanning.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by peta40oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I applied this lotion in the morning after a shower and only smelled a *hint* of self-tanner scent later in the day. Of course this is probably because there was hardly any self-tanner in there. I received no color at all, except in random patches on my skin (around my belly button, on my knees). Horrible and so annoyed I bought three bottles of the stuff (there is no WalMart by me so when I was on vacation I stocked up).