August 22, 2014 | 1211 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I'm weird when it comes to this product (I also use the toner and day moisturizer) in the beginning it was GREAT. My face was smoother, it deep cleaned, I noticed my breakouts disappearing and I was in love. After reaching more than half way through the bottles I noticed a plateau and it wasn't "wow-ing" me anymore and small minor breakouts appeared. I will continue to finish the products but if my breakouts don't go away soon I will not re buy. But my face is still super soft, not drying at all (if you have oily skin like I do)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by annely

I've been using this and the Blemish Fade Night Lotion regularly for about 6 months, and I have to say it's probably one of the best things I've ever done for my skin! Before I started using this, I had sensitive, acne-prone skin. At any given time, I would have 4-5 pimples on my face, and even though they healed rather quickly, new ones would always spring up to take their place. I've tried numerous cleansers,spot treatments, salicylic acid cleansers and most recently the 3-Step set from Clinique, but none of them really improved my skin.
Then I started using this.

I got this and the night lotion in a sale at TBS in Brussels, and started using it. At first, I noticed that both products have a bit of an overpowering tea tree smell, and although I'm not usually sensitive to scents, this took a bit of getting used to. I also noticed that my skin felt noticeably drier after using both products, but since I have oily skin anyway, this didn't worry me too much. I kept using it for several weeks, and noticed a significant improvement in my skin. Now only about 2-3 pimples per week, and they never got as bad as they used to before I started using it. I kept using it, repurchasing both bottles when they ran out, and now my skin is so much better than before! Now the only time I really break out is before I'm about to get my period (ugh, hormones), or if I come home drunk and forget to take off my make-up before bed (happens more often than it should). I've since purchased a few other products from the tea tree line with varying degrees of success, but I will definitely keep purchasing these two!

This is definitely not for people with dry skin as it will dry your skin out even more. And if you're sensitive to smell, get ready, because the scent of the night lotion made my head hurt the first 2-3 times I used it. And TBS always has sales so even though this isn't the cheapest cleanser, you can probably get it for less than full price if you wait for a good sale :)

*Just a minor observation, when I ran out of my first bottle in Brussels, I bought my second one in Toronto. There was a very noticeable difference in consistency. The one I bought in Canada was more watery and didn't feel as "concentrated" as the one I got in Brussels (smell was not as strong and the sting when it gets into my eyes is not as bad). Now I hope this is just my imagination, but given that I went through that first huge bottle of facial wash in a span of 4-5 months, using it twice a day everyday, I have a pretty good idea of what it felt like. Despite this, my skin seems to love both formulas equally so, no complaints here so far!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got this as a gift in a mini size. It really hasn't done anything for my skin. To me, it's an average cleanser that I'll probably keep for when I travel as a way to use it up. It did nothing for my acne at all. Pure tea tree oil does a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't make much of a difference to my skin, in fact I would go as far as to say that my skin has improved since I stopped using it!!!! Defo would not buy again, seemed useless and waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Not wowed by this, I feel like the ingredients are all quite harsh- strong tea tree scent which is slightly off putting and makes me worry that it'll dry out the drier/normal areas of my skin (I have combination skin). I ended up using it on my back and chest (as and when I got the odd spot there) and even then I felt it just stripped all the bodies natural oils- forcing the body to overcompensate. Having said that, it's not a horrendous product- probably a good, natural equivalent to clearasil etc for young people seeking a cleaner for teenage problem skin, but not great for slightly more sensitive skin requiring a gentle yet effective cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lonileverz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff actually does what it says on the tin! It removes oil and makeup really easily without leaving any traces behind and helps to control breakouts after prolonged use - but you HAVE to give it a chance, nothing works immediately!!

I have just gone back to using this stuff after trying to go down a more natural route (OCM) but I found that the body shop stuff works so much better and I'm going to stick to it from now on.

My spots haven't completely cleared up and I do get oily skin later in the day after washing my face but my spots have still improved massively, I think by combining this product with clay masks and baking soda and honey exfoliator I will manage to get my skin clear in 3 weeks ready for uni!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing for cleaning brushes. I know that's not the purpose of this facial cleanser but that's what I have been using it as. It gets rid of all the pigments on my brushes and make them look like new. Also, the tea tree help eliminate any bacteria that may be on the brushes. I have used a few makeup brush cleansers and to be honest they all didn't clean very well which is why I'm already on my second bottle (it does last you quite a well though).

I have used this as a facial cleanser and I do like it as well but I don't see any amazing result. The scent may be off putting to some people (actually the whole tea tree line at TBS has a strong fragrance) but I don't mind it. It isn't the cheapest product out there but TBS always has some kind of sale so i usually get it then.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't really notice anything amazing with this face wash, but it did clean my face sufficiently and controlled my breakouts well enough. I noticed my acne slowly diminishing over a couple months, but I didn't get the "refreshing" feeling I was expecting from the face wash. Overall, I like the it, but it didn't amaze me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews on this product on The Body Shop's official website, I wanted to try it out so bad to see if it clears up my acne. Although this did clear up most of my acne on my forehead & oily t-zone, it also broke me out. =/ One pustule would form then it would go away and another pustule shows up...on and on. More pimples began to form under my jawline. All of this happened within a week of usage.I should have read the ingredients before buying this. I found out this wash has sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a very known/common skin irritant.