December 19, 2014 | 1471 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by chantililly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about a week ago and I love it. Before then I had resorted to trying all-natural to banish my adult acne (honey face masks, exfoliating with sugar, washing at night with plain warm water) with the exception of Simple face wipes to take off my makeup. However, after I discovered that my breakouts were at least partially due to my Illamasqua foundation and switched to mineral foundation, I decided to renovate my skincare regime too and went for this along with Body Shop's Vitamin E oil.

The first night, I was a little anxious about it as I noticed it contained salicylic acid, which wasn't something I had used before and I didn't know much about how it worked. It didn't seem to irritate my skin, which I took as a good sign, so I washed it off, applied the vitamin E oil and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't help noticing that my girlfriend kept staring at me. I eventually asked what was wrong and she said-- "Nothing, you just look so pretty. I can't believe it." Curious, I went to the mirror, and I was startled to see that my skin hadn't looked so good since I left my mid-teens. The pimples I hadn't extracted were gone, and the ones I had were almost completely healed. My pores had shrunk and my skin looked even, fresh, and glowing.

My only complaint is that my skin has become a little more sensitive since I started using this. I'm not surprised since I already have sensitive skin to start with, but once my skin has completely cleared up I think I'm going to limit my use of this cleanser to a couple of nights a week and find something a bit more natural and gentle for the rest of the week. However, I think this is the best product I've found so far for my acne and general skintone, and I'm excited to see the long-term improvements using a product with salicylic acid will have on my hyperpigmentation and pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kjameyson

The product itself was awful for me, and my younger 14 year old sister who struggles with severe acne. I only have random breakouts and this cleanser turned them from random into a constant, massive breakout that took me months to recover from after stopping use. I'm sure it works well for alot of people, tea tree being healing and all, but this def wasn't good for my 23 year old skin, or my sisters 14 year old skin, which was also made worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this product harsh on my skin, the sent was also very overpowering and made my eyes water badly! sadly couldn't make myself finish it, it was that bad!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

This is my holy grail of face washes. I used to use The Body Shop's Aloe line for my sensitive skin, and while it worked for the redness, flakiness, and stinging, I would get hormonal acne once a month. Usually one painful, cystic lump on my chin or cheeks. So I figured I'd try this when it came on sale. It didn't blow me away, at first. I'm not a huge fan of the smell of tea tree oil, but it is supposed to have acne clearing properties. And it totally does! I started using this at the onset of the hormonal acne, and it completely lessened the duration and pain. I use this with a clarisonic knock-off, and I've been using it this way for 3 months - not a single acne break-out. I couple this with Neutrogena high SPF facial sunscreen for day, and The Body Shop Aloe Vera night cream. My skin is clear and soft. My only pet peeve with this product is it's packaging. The lid snaps off at the slightest provocation, which is true of their body wash containers as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

( lots of harsh chemicals,very few actual plant extracts). Burnt my skin a little...Didn't do anything for me.... Not as bad as some things i've tried, but still not good... tried it for about 4 months. My feelings about this product are neutral... I gave the rest to a friend of mine with tougher skin and she likes it. My best guy friend uses it and his skin looks great. I suppose it works differently for everyone. Sensitive skin people, not for you.

Price is o.k. Packaging is clean and functional. Travels well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by andinkd

At a whopping 250ml size, this face wash is worth the extra dollar- it lasts about 3-4 months, even 6 if you rarely use it (once a day), after using this wash for about 3 months (only 1/4th left now boo hoo) i found that it helped prevent and fight acne, without drying the skin + a nice mint (menthol) feeling and a mediocre scent of tea tree (that you could or could not like, but i love it i think it smells fresh) although it isn't that "mighty" when it comes to stress-induced and pre-menstruation pimples, it helpe reduce it though. Currently my favorite face wash, especially consider that the packaging is nice and hygenic, it survived quite a few falls without breaking so thats good to know^^ absolutely reccomend for those suffering light acne & oily skin (it helps control oil too!)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I'm weird when it comes to this product (I also use the toner and day moisturizer) in the beginning it was GREAT. My face was smoother, it deep cleaned, I noticed my breakouts disappearing and I was in love. After reaching more than half way through the bottles I noticed a plateau and it wasn't "wow-ing" me anymore and small minor breakouts appeared. I will continue to finish the products but if my breakouts don't go away soon I will not re buy. But my face is still super soft, not drying at all (if you have oily skin like I do)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by annely

I've been using this and the Blemish Fade Night Lotion regularly for about 6 months, and I have to say it's probably one of the best things I've ever done for my skin! Before I started using this, I had sensitive, acne-prone skin. At any given time, I would have 4-5 pimples on my face, and even though they healed rather quickly, new ones would always spring up to take their place. I've tried numerous cleansers,spot treatments, salicylic acid cleansers and most recently the 3-Step set from Clinique, but none of them really improved my skin.
Then I started using this.

I got this and the night lotion in a sale at TBS in Brussels, and started using it. At first, I noticed that both products have a bit of an overpowering tea tree smell, and although I'm not usually sensitive to scents, this took a bit of getting used to. I also noticed that my skin felt noticeably drier after using both products, but since I have oily skin anyway, this didn't worry me too much. I kept using it for several weeks, and noticed a significant improvement in my skin. Now only about 2-3 pimples per week, and they never got as bad as they used to before I started using it. I kept using it, repurchasing both bottles when they ran out, and now my skin is so much better than before! Now the only time I really break out is before I'm about to get my period (ugh, hormones), or if I come home drunk and forget to take off my make-up before bed (happens more often than it should). I've since purchased a few other products from the tea tree line with varying degrees of success, but I will definitely keep purchasing these two!

This is definitely not for people with dry skin as it will dry your skin out even more. And if you're sensitive to smell, get ready, because the scent of the night lotion made my head hurt the first 2-3 times I used it. And TBS always has sales so even though this isn't the cheapest cleanser, you can probably get it for less than full price if you wait for a good sale :)

*Just a minor observation, when I ran out of my first bottle in Brussels, I bought my second one in Toronto. There was a very noticeable difference in consistency. The one I bought in Canada was more watery and didn't feel as "concentrated" as the one I got in Brussels (smell was not as strong and the sting when it gets into my eyes is not as bad). Now I hope this is just my imagination, but given that I went through that first huge bottle of facial wash in a span of 4-5 months, using it twice a day everyday, I have a pretty good idea of what it felt like. Despite this, my skin seems to love both formulas equally so, no complaints here so far!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got this as a gift in a mini size. It really hasn't done anything for my skin. To me, it's an average cleanser that I'll probably keep for when I travel as a way to use it up. It did nothing for my acne at all. Pure tea tree oil does a much better job.