Everyday Minerals Blush

4.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm a huge blush fanatic! I've tried almost 10 of Everyday Minerals' blushes and have found that all the colors work well with my complexion. However, they don't apply as dark as I'd prefer, no matter how much I layer it on (and I have a light/medium skin tone). I find the case is the same for EDM's eye shadows, so maybe it's just the fact that mineral makeup is meant to be applied with a light hand. EDM's blushes are perfect for that natural daytime look. For nighttime, I'd suggest going with something more pigmented - MAC or NARS, for example.

on 6/21/2008 4:13:00 PM

very easy to blend. last pretty long. huge color selections. i can wear buttered tan and natural med beige. some blushes i've tried.. APPLE: looks like a matte pink but turns orangey after a couple of hrs. PHOTO ALBUM: only need to apply a little. very nice rasberry color w/ shimmer. NICK NACK: soft matte pink very light. can never over apply this. i almost wanna say its too light for me but it gives me a little natural pink glow. PLUM DUST: my fave. its not plummy.. its like a rasberry/ dark pinky color love it on me theres no brown or orange in it and its not dark like how it sounds or looks online.

on 6/4/2008 1:57:00 PM

IF and only IF you are light handed enough will you love these blushes the colors are so pigmented and dard they made my very fair skin look like a canvas for a clown. I literally could not wipe it off and did not have time to start over, still get made fun of for that night occassionally. WOW it was bad....

on 5/10/2008 3:18:00 AM

EDMs Plum Dust is my HG blush. Highly pigmented. Requires very little product. Sample size will last months. Great color if you prefer mauve/plum colors. I've uploaded a photo of Plum Dust in use.

on 5/9/2008 6:51:00 PM

I ordered the sample kit of EM, and got the blush color in All Smiles. I love this color it has a very natural peachy-pink tone to it. I think it's better than NARS Orgasm, which was my previous favorite. Orgasm has more of a harsh tone, All Smiles gives a softer effect. I can't wait to try the other EM blushes. Thanks to everyone on here for the great reviews on EM, otherwise I may have never tried it!

on 5/7/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Everything EM is always phenomenal. This is no exception. I've gotten several of the free sample kits, all of which include a blush. There's so many beautiful shades to choose from. While some of the shades I chose were too light for my skin coloring, I keep them around as highlighters, since there's a hint of shimmer. I also use those to tone down my makeup when I accidentally get too much of a darker regular blush. It really helps to bring it back to a more natural color. Plus, EM is so generous. I ordered one of their Custom Kits in Large, and they sent me 3 of the smaller versions of blushe with my order (not the sample size, the small regular versions which last forever). And these products are waaay cheaper than a lot of other MMU brands. This is like my fave makeup brand at the moment because you get so much for your money.

on 4/21/2008 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have found several EDM blush colors that I love! So far I really like All Smiles, Summer Stroll and Swimming Pool. I also like mojave camping, but that one is a little harder to blend in since it's so pigmented. The staying power is awesome and it's easy to get these to look natural!

on 4/18/2008 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my first try at using a minerals based blush in a loose powder format. Quite frankly, I'm impressed at how little product it takes to create a beautiful blush. I tried Everyday Minerals blush in All Smiles which came as a part of the sample kit that I just received. It goes on smoothly and evenly and the color is just phenomenal. I have a fair complexion with sensitive, combination, blemish-prone skin and so far after wearing it all day, I haven't had any issues with burning, itching or otherwise feeling any discomfort at all with this product. I look forward to trying other colors. UPDATE 4/30/08: While I haven't been able to use the EDM foundations because they cause cheeks and chin to breakout in a rash, the blushes don't seem to cause any allergic reaction. So, I'll keep using the blushes.

UPDATE: 4/7/09: I had to stop using the blushes after my skin rash returned on my cheeks. I guess there is something in this product that my sensitive skin doesn't like.

on 4/9/2008 5:07:00 PM

Most of the EDM blushes i've tried turns orange on me after a while, but I will hang in there and figure out what i'm doing wrong since the colors are lovely!

edit, the issue is that I didn't have the right foundation color. Now I have found the one, and the blushes apply beautifully with edm's own blushbrush. I like that the shades of the blushers range from sheerest shimmer or matte to highly pigmented colors.

on 4/1/2008 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first blush I got from EDM was girl's day, which made my face shine like a disco ball because of the gold sparkles. During subsequent purchases with them, i made smarter blush colour choices and now, I say I totally LOVE their blushes. I've tried Plum Dust, Email me and Chit Chat & all of those shades worked well on my golden/light-tanned (I'm Asian) skin. Now i'm awaiting the next round of orders from EDM. I've ordered All Smiles after reading all the raves in my local beauty forum. Can't wait!

Popular Blush Products