April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Liquid - Almay - Nearly Naked LIQUID foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This is a decent foundation...it gives light coverage with sunscreen and has nice shades, though for lighter skins only. I have it in Honey, the second darkest shade, and it is still too light for me, but at least it has nice yellow undertones. I may try purchasing it again in the darkest shade, Tan, but I probably will try some other foundations first. This is a good foundation if you're not looking for a lot of coverage but need sunscreen and have light skin. Glass bottle is annoying and difficult to dispense product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by BveeT

I'm not at all well versed in foundation, so take my review for what it's worth! I have been using this for several months, I have extremely sensitive skin so I generally stick to almay (because I usually just get cheap stuff). As far as my sensitive skin goes, this is great, no problems there. I can agree that this isn't the best coverage, I feel like it covers my mild overall redness but doesn't actually do a great job of hiding blemishes at all. I agree that the bottle is a pain, especially right when I buy a new one and it pours out SO fast. I stick to this because it's really comfortable on my skin, it may not offer the best coverage but in my eyes it's more coverage than if I used nothing at all and it feels great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I got this about a week ago at Walmart. It was about $11 or so. I'm a teen, with fairly clear skin (I have a few little pimples on my face but my nose is covered with blackheads, yuck! Which this foundation covers well without cakeing). I have an extremely uneven skintone. My forehead is a few shades darker down the middle than the rest of my face (I don't know why, but I only seem to notice. Anyway...), and my undereye circles are very dark and hereditary. So I needed a foundation with decent coverage.

Now, generally I'm definately more of a department store person, but I wanted a liquid foundation for some days that wasn't too much money. So I went to Walmart and looked around. I wanted someting weightless but lasting with good (non-cakey) coverage. So I thought I'd give it a try.

The foundation in the bottle is VERY true to color and I have finally found my perfect match in a liquid foundation shade! =D Finally, no more lines. The foundation goes on and blends exceptionally well, but the bottle tends to be hard to get a good amount of foundation from (pours way too much and makes a mess). So I like to dip my concealer brush in and just dot the makeup over my cheek and blend. Like I said, it blended very, very well and STAYS PUT on oily skin without drying out dry patches.

Well, I think you get the point of my review! =) So, if you're considering giving it a try, go ahead...you have nothing to lose!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it. I'm still pretty young and I don't need much coverage but to even out my skin tone and cover some redness. And this makes me feel like I'm not wearing much makeup. It's really light and moisturizing and amazingly, it stays for pretty much the whole day. The only thing I hate is that it doesn't come in a color for me. I picked Sand, even though it was a little too light for me and I darken it by putting on some of Almay's Nearly Naked Loose powder, in light medium (too dark for me). It makes me look natural and like I have good skin. However, I won't be buying again because they don't have my color.

Edit: I've started mixing it with my moisturizer and I like it even better now. But, I still won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

I purchased this from Walgreens b/c it was on clearance for about 75% off and Paula Begoun gave it a good rating in her book. This foundation is so light that it gave NO coverage on my skin whatsoever; it didn't show at all. Since I couldn't use it as a foundation, I tried to use it as an undereye and acne scar concealer; it didn't work.

The only good point about this is its liquid texture, which felt nice on my skin. I imagine this might be a good foundation for girls with absolutely PERFECT skin. It's useless for me and I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have buff for my fair, yellow undertone skin. This product does look very natural in daylight, really like true skin with just a bit of dewiness and no shimmer but does even out your tone. That is only if you apply just a very small amount and to only the needed areas, any more and there was a definite foundation look to this. I definitely need concealer over spots or darkness under my eyes but for the rest of my face this is nice. I got it for $2.19 at Walgreens on clearance so I am pretty happy with that. I would say that the packaging is not very sanitary. I really like my foundations to have a pump. Overall a good daily foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by issomethingfishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation in Buff is the perfect match for my super pale, neutral skin tone. I apply this with a wedge and find it gives fantastically buildable coverage (to a moderate degree) -- plus, it has sunscreen! I tend to burn easily, but never have while wearing this. It's my HG... alas, I think it's been discontinued or something because I can never find it anymore. I like that it's light and breathable; I think I could even work out while wearing it... not that I ever work out. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes for this product, but unfortunately, it was horrible. First of all, the color was horrendous. I looked pink/ashy/gross! It had a terrible finish and I literally looked like I fell into a pile of dirt! It had decent coverage to say the least, but didn't last long whatsoever and just looked unnatural and nasty. I am NC20 in MAC foundations, (fair skinned with yellow/warm undertones) and couldn't find a match to save my life.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hoolahoop

The coverage on this was ok, not too heavy or shear. I couldn't find a color for my fair/warm skin tone, and it was sooo greasy. It made my skin shiny from the get go, and by days end my face was so slick, it was nasty.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rucapuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this foundation, it has good coverage for me as I just want to even out my skin tone. It has a pretty good finish and a nice feel. I find that it does not last at all and I am not one to reapply over old makeup so I would have to wash my face and start over.... I just end up leaving it. I really want to try the Nars sheer glow foundation next.