April 16, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Like the reviewer under, I don't like to use white eyeshadow, because it can be too big of a contrast and can easily give a greyish cast. I use this on my browbone and sometimes my inner corner. Using it like this will probably take me years to finish it X)
It's a very nice light yellow colour, but comes out probably a little lighter than it looks in the pan, and not so yellow. It's a really easy colour to use, because it won't be overpowering. BUT: I would probably not recommend this to pale people (if you want to use it as an eye highlighter) - it doesn't show up much if you're under NC20. Preferably yellow or neutral skin tone for this one. Pink skin toned people should try it before buying - it may be too yellow for them, making them look a bit 'washed out'. I actually love to brighten my eyes with yellow (neutral light olive skin tone) - it neutralizes pink and that way makes my eyes look less tired.
Consistency is very nice - very creamy and easy to apply, good colour pay-off. It's a frost, but they come in slightly different consistencies: this is more like a pearly satin, so it's perfect to use during the day - brings light to the eye, without looking sparkly. It's a gorgeous natural shadow :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

This eyeshadow is really easy to hit pan on! Ricepaper is a light yellow/golden shimmer shadow that is almost creamy in consistency. It's works beautifully as a shimmer wash, but also as a neutral highlighter shadow that you can use other colors with. I am NC25/30 with mostly yellow undertones but good doses of olive and beige, and this is just light enough on my skin that you can see it, but isn't frosty white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go to all over lid color, it's a frost finish but it shows up as a goldy/yellowish sheen on my NC42 skin. I use this almost everyday for my neutral work look and it really brightens my eyes, also great highlighter, goes great with my yellow undertones!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My go-to everyday all over the lid shadow. Ricepaper is just.. gorgeous. Goes on smooth, great coverage, nice staying power, beautiful colour. One of my favourites.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Being a makeup junkie, I own hundreds of eyeshadows ranging from Wet N Wild to MAC, Dior, Guerlain, you name it. Ricepaper is one of the only eyeshadows I have ever hit pan on and reordered, so that says a lot! On my Asian NC35ish skin, Ricepaper is a shimmery, buttery golden champagne color that is the perfect highlight for the inner corners of my eyes. Because of its coloring, it perfectly complements almost any eye look I'm doing so it's very versatile. It doesn't lean too warm or too cool, though it leans more towards the warm spectrum. Its texture is as smooth and buttery as the color itself. I will to repurchase this for as long as MAC keeps making it (hopefully forever)!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAffair89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think Ricepaper is definitely one of those must-have shadows, simply because of how versatile and universally flattering it is. It's a nice yellowed-out cream colour with a hint of a sheen to it. Don't let the "Frost" title throw you from buying it, because I find that none of the Frost eye shadows give you an overdone frosty affect. I'm a very pale complexion, and I can use this as both a lid and highlighting shadow. Some days if I'm feeling especially lazy I'll apply this colour from my lids to my browbones and on my inner corners as well. The sheen in the product makes it so each part of your eye hits the light in a certain way, making it look like you really spent a lot of time picking out several eyeshadows. My only beef with this product is the fact that it is so unbelievably sheer. If you don't have a good primer AND base, this will not show up for anything really, which is disappointing because a lot of the frosts have great pigmentation, but this colour is so light anyways that it doesn't. The texture of it is incredibly soft and creamy, and easily blended. I guess the beauty of it being so sheer, though, is that you can never overdo it. I do highly recommend everyone getting this eyeshadow, because it's not only a great beginner's eyeshadow, but it is also a shadow that I feel could be come a staple to the seasoned makeup junkie's lazy day. I highly recommend the frosts in general, they're definitely the softest in my opinion. Give Ricepaper a try! I think you'll really enjoy the versatility of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ferisita

I have had this eyeshadow for a year...and i started to hit pan...i think this is a BEAUTIFUL color...as everybody has said it kind of a buttery frost color, but it is not as frost as other eyeshadows....the texture is amazing and it glides on like heaven...I think it is a perfect all over the lid color, or for highlighting. With satin taupe looks beautiful, mulch or any other taupe, brown, greyish, charcoal, black eyeshadow...

I agree that you should test it before buying this or anyother product...if something doesn't work for you because of the color or texture and you had the chance to try it t's not the fault of the eyeshadow...you shoulf inform yourself before buying something, especially if it is expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am NW20 with dark brown eyes and hair, and I have discoloration on my eyelids. This eyeshadow is great for me when I want some highlighting but I don't want it to be obvious. It kind of disappears on my NW20 skin but leaves a glow. If you aren't big on obvious eyeshadows like me, this is great for you. Great to apply all over the eyelid, crease and the brow area before eyeliner if you want to go for the eyeliner&bold lips kind of look. That's what I use it for most of the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by daniyell21

A slightly gold white colour which is very light and is normally used for the brow bone. Overall, I feel it can be a little sheer and does not suit me as an all over the lid colour. However, when paired with other colours it is perfect for giving a slight colour without dominating the look. It is beautiful as a brow highlight and an inner corner highlight. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again would be to try another colour like this, e.g. Brule. Ricepaper is very popular and worth looking at!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeshadow. Its a very pretty colour, kinda unusuall. At the beginning I was like "this is such an ordinary colour!", But now I love it. Its yellow,golden and beige mixed together.
Another thing I like about this eyeshadow is that its not too shimmery,it has just-right glow.
Its a bit too dark for my NW15 to use as highlighter under my brow, but it works really well in the inner corner or all over the lid.
Another eyeshadow I love.