October 1, 2014 | 1788 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Aline7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this more than the original smashbox. Seems much more smoother.
You have to wait a minute or two after applying to face (i use a dime size amount...maybe little less depending on the day).
Makes my foundation last longer, fills in my pores and controls my oilies.

i have super acne prone skin. and this did NOT make me break out. Yay!

It also has spf and dermaxyl which are pluses!! :)
i dont like the packaging cuz it comes in the old style container.. not the pressure pump packaging.. im worried that i will waste some because of that.. but i dont care.. its that awesome.

i have tried a lot of primers.....mac prep prime face, mac prep prime spf 50, smashbox original, smashbox light, MUFE HD primer

i like this one the most.. although .. the MUFE HD primer is good too but i prefer the smashbox dermaxyle spf 15 more!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because I wanted a primer with spf in it. However, I can't figure out which ingredient in this product protects against UVA rays (smashbox says that it protects against both UVA/UVB rays).
The ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.5% Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 5.0% Octisalate (Ethylhexyl Salicylate). are both UVB blockers.
I emailed smashbox tonight asking what ingredient blocks out the UVA rays. I will share the answer when I receive it.
I really hope that this does what it says because it is the only primer that I know of that has spf.
P.S. Nobody ever answered my email and the Active Ingredients in this product are both UVB blockers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Photo Finish Primer with Dermaxyl doesn't make a difference in my make up or skin. I can't relate to any of the rave reviews or reasons for awards. I don't notice a difference when I do or don't wear it under my Smashbox High Definition foundation. I have no idea if the anti-aging products are working, but I haven't noticed any skin improvements. I'm 24 so maybe there aren't skin problems to change. The primer does goes on like silk, but seems like a neat trick with no effect on my makeup or skin. The pump packaging is convenient for consistently dispensing the same amount every use. It also ensures none of the product is wasted. Despite seeing no effects I'll give the product the benefit of the doubt and finish the bottle. However, I'm suspect it is making me break out. I probably won't buy this again though or I will buy the less expensive original Photo Finish Primer or (most likely scenario) I'll end up getting a sample in the Smashbox sets I like to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by LynnMichelle

The finish was nice and matte-- for a few hours. The glass bottle isn't travel friendly and the pump dispenser only delivers about 3/4 of the product out of the bottle. Switched to Laura Geller's "Welcome Matte." Not totally in love with the product but like it much better than Photo Finish because 1) Stays matte longer 2) It's less expensive and 3) It's packaged in a soft plastic tube and you can squeeze every bit of product out. Still searching for my HG ultimate silicone primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink1718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, can't believe some of the bad reviews. I love this stuff! It makes my skin so smooth, so the foundation goes on really easily (and evenly).

I have very sensitive skin, but no breakouts, no grease, no dryness. I have been using it for over a year now.

Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by tiff796

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I see that a lot of the previous reviewers suggest not to buy this product if you have oily skin. Well, I say don't buy it at all. I have dry skin, and this makes my skin oily. Add this primer and the humidity of Southern Louisiana, and my m/u is sliding down my face! Not only that I am totally NOT acne prone, and if I use this for more than 2 days in a row zit-city! However, I have to admit that the primer does cover any fine lines I have, and evens out the texture of my skin. But, that doesn't justify a $40 purchase in my book. For that kind of $$ it better be good. I am sure I can find a better product than this, and maybe a little cheaper. Ignore the hype it's just not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by asteine2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

made my skin oily after 30 min. not impressed I fell for the name also never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

not really impressed...imo, shiseido spf 55 or sofina lucent held up well to my oilies....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kimlan720

I gave in to all the hype about Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer and made the purchase. Sure it makes your skin feel silky smooth...for about 30 minutes! After that It'll have oil dripping down your face! (OK, OK well maybe not so dramatic..but you get the pix). My point: I have oily skin so if you do too, this isn't a good product to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

If you have oily or acne prone skin, stay away from this one. I returned it right away. Not sure why i even purchase this one. It was greasy and i felt it just sat on top of my skin. Horrible! Do not recommend it. I do like other smashbox products like their lip glosses, but just not this primer.