August 30, 2014 | 966 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I've ever used, I wouldn't use it again if someone paid me. I literally feel like I'm rubbing tar on my lashes, it's so messy and impossible to take off even with my expensive eye makeup remover. I tried everything - wet cloths, makeup remover, eye makeup remover, hot water, it just pulled my lashes out. I love the normal great lash and only bought the waterproof version because it was on sale. The only thing this mascara did for me was make my lashes look darker, but I may aswell have worn eyeliner. The product weighed my lashes down so they actually looked shorter than usual and the gloopy consistency meant that they all stuck together. It's definitely overpriced for what it is and for me was a complete waste of money, I would never recommend this stuff. Oh, and to top it off it flakes really badly too!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great basic everyday use mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this mascarra beacause I really did not like my MAC false lashes mascarra as it flaked soo bad on me so while i was out shopping i noticed the MAC mascarra had made me look like i had panda eyes i decided to buy a cheap mascarra that i could at least wear for work the next day then i could buy a different mascarra at work but after using this one i realised how long and seperated my lashes looked and i have not bothered buying a new one since,the brush is also good as you can get right in the corner of your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this mascara. I have it in very black but for me it still does not provide very much color, even with 2 or 3 coats. It does not give me any length at all, does not give me any volume at all and does not curl well. When I wore this mascara (I wore it a lot bc I wanted to make it work, but I couldn't) my lashes looked very short and stiff and did not curl. I will never buy or use this mascara ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kimberlygrace

This mascara worked great at first, & I liked it a lot. A couple weeks after I bought it, though, the formula began to get clumpy & more sticky, which made my lashes look disgusting. I bought this originally because it was a cute packaging (I know, I judge make-up by its packaging sometimes), & it was decently inexpensive. I'm not buying it again, though, after I finish up my current bottle. I would just throw it, but I don't want it to go to waste. So I'm using it as a base to my other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Zoezarzar

This is a great mascara for the girls that are just starting up into the makeup world!!! I love this mascara. I have the water proof one and it has not run on me once yet! I like to use this on my bottom lashs just because i need that water proof on the bottom becuase i have oily skin and in summer i sweat. I also like the colossal volum express on my top lashs. These to mascaras work well together. If there was one thing bad about it, it is that water proof mascaras are hard to get off but thats just in general. Good price good product!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked this mascara. It was lengthening, dark, of course held a curl, and seperated. It was a bit clumpy though. However, I will use it up. I prefer a different waterproof (Lash Blast) to this one. I do really love the original non-waterproof Great Lash so it must just be the stiff waterproof I dont like. I dont think I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by funcyze7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. they recently stopped selling the clinique mascara i usually buy, so i tried this and i love it. it doesn't clump, and doesnt make my eyelashes look like giant spiders.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For a cheap mascara it isn't bad, and it sure stays on a long time. If for some reason you want your makeup to last all night into the next morning, it is a good candidate, though your lashes won't look as long after you've slept in it.

However, since it is waterproof it also flakes a lot when you put it on.

Here's the thing though. It's good for basic enhancement. If you want your lashes to look slightly enhanced and not bare, this is good. It will make them slightly darker, longer, and fuller with a light coat, so if you are wearing a lot of other eye makeup or want to look natural, this can be good.

However, once you start to layer it...your lashes will get quite long. But it isn't such a great volumizer, it doesn't make them look full and fluttery. They get long but also kind of clumpy and spider-like. And they'll also feel kind of hard and clumpy when you touch them.

So all in all..if you want a cheap mascara that is basic and doesn't do anything major except some basic enhancement, go for this stuff.

Maybe the non waterproof version isn't as clumpy, but when I tried it I found it very runny and smudgy which is why I went with waterproof.

But if you want your lashes to make a statement or look super full, fluttery, and flirty, I would go with something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara based on the glowing reviews, and love everything about it, except for one thing: on me it's NOT WATERPROOF! At all! After just a few hours it started to transfer onto my cheeks like crazy, and it flaked badly on me as well, no matter how lightly applied. I don't use any greasy eye creams or cosmetics on my combo skin, so I'm sure that's not the culprit. It wasn't even hot, humid or rainy when I wore it either, nor did I work out that day. I do have long upper and bottom lashes, but I have other waterproof mascara's that stay on well with my current skincare and makeup routine. I've never had issues with flaking either. The fibers even ended up in my eyes, irritating them! I can't believe *the* #1 mascara in America just doesn't work for me. :-(
Oh, and ironically I found it pretty much impossible to take off, even with remover for waterproof eye make up. ;-) I could easily live with that though, if it only held onto my lashes just as well.

For a few hours I really thought I had found the perfect mascara, only to find out that it's not. Such a pity, because I love how it lenghtens and adds volume, and it's sooo not clumpy: it's the non-clumpiest mascara I've ever tried, lol. I also love the classic comb type brush that lets you 'comb' through your lashes: very effective. And while I could do without the Barbie pink tube, I love that the product doesn't build up around the opening. If you slide the wand in and out carefully, you'll be able to keep the tube clean. Very hygienic and economic.

You get 12.5 ml (0.42 fl. oz), and here in Europe I payed 13 ($17.50) for it, which would be fine *if* the product did what it claims (in big letters on the tube, no less). Alas, it does not. Since used or tested makeup cannot be returned in Europe, not even with a receipt: one lippie for having to throw this away on day one. Because, no matter how much I love its other characteristics: if it just doesn't stay on and gives you raccoon eyes within a few hours, it's trash worthy. On goes the search...