April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Zoezarzar

This is a great mascara for the girls that are just starting up into the makeup world!!! I love this mascara. I have the water proof one and it has not run on me once yet! I like to use this on my bottom lashs just because i need that water proof on the bottom becuase i have oily skin and in summer i sweat. I also like the colossal volum express on my top lashs. These to mascaras work well together. If there was one thing bad about it, it is that water proof mascaras are hard to get off but thats just in general. Good price good product!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked this mascara. It was lengthening, dark, of course held a curl, and seperated. It was a bit clumpy though. However, I will use it up. I prefer a different waterproof (Lash Blast) to this one. I do really love the original non-waterproof Great Lash so it must just be the stiff waterproof I dont like. I dont think I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by funcyze7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. they recently stopped selling the clinique mascara i usually buy, so i tried this and i love it. it doesn't clump, and doesnt make my eyelashes look like giant spiders.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For a cheap mascara it isn't bad, and it sure stays on a long time. If for some reason you want your makeup to last all night into the next morning, it is a good candidate, though your lashes won't look as long after you've slept in it.

However, since it is waterproof it also flakes a lot when you put it on.

Here's the thing though. It's good for basic enhancement. If you want your lashes to look slightly enhanced and not bare, this is good. It will make them slightly darker, longer, and fuller with a light coat, so if you are wearing a lot of other eye makeup or want to look natural, this can be good.

However, once you start to layer it...your lashes will get quite long. But it isn't such a great volumizer, it doesn't make them look full and fluttery. They get long but also kind of clumpy and spider-like. And they'll also feel kind of hard and clumpy when you touch them.

So all in all..if you want a cheap mascara that is basic and doesn't do anything major except some basic enhancement, go for this stuff.

Maybe the non waterproof version isn't as clumpy, but when I tried it I found it very runny and smudgy which is why I went with waterproof.

But if you want your lashes to make a statement or look super full, fluttery, and flirty, I would go with something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara based on the glowing reviews, and love everything about it, except for one thing: on me it's NOT WATERPROOF! At all! After just a few hours it started to transfer onto my cheeks like crazy, and it flaked badly on me as well, no matter how lightly applied. I don't use any greasy eye creams or cosmetics on my combo skin, so I'm sure that's not the culprit. It wasn't even hot, humid or rainy when I wore it either, nor did I work out that day. I do have long upper and bottom lashes, but I have other waterproof mascara's that stay on well with my current skincare and makeup routine. I've never had issues with flaking either. The fibers even ended up in my eyes, irritating them! I can't believe *the* #1 mascara in America just doesn't work for me. :-(
Oh, and ironically I found it pretty much impossible to take off, even with remover for waterproof eye make up. ;-) I could easily live with that though, if it only held onto my lashes just as well.

For a few hours I really thought I had found the perfect mascara, only to find out that it's not. Such a pity, because I love how it lenghtens and adds volume, and it's sooo not clumpy: it's the non-clumpiest mascara I've ever tried, lol. I also love the classic comb type brush that lets you 'comb' through your lashes: very effective. And while I could do without the Barbie pink tube, I love that the product doesn't build up around the opening. If you slide the wand in and out carefully, you'll be able to keep the tube clean. Very hygienic and economic.

You get 12.5 ml (0.42 fl. oz), and here in Europe I payed 13 ($17.50) for it, which would be fine *if* the product did what it claims (in big letters on the tube, no less). Alas, it does not. Since used or tested makeup cannot be returned in Europe, not even with a receipt: one lippie for having to throw this away on day one. Because, no matter how much I love its other characteristics: if it just doesn't stay on and gives you raccoon eyes within a few hours, it's trash worthy. On goes the search...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by peaceandsmiley1

well first of all ill start with the pros. it is soooo cheap!! it was only $3 at target!! i also really like the packaging. it was also somewhat good for my lashes. it looked very natural which was the look i was going for. now the cons. i could not get this off!! i have tried everything!! it just wont come off. and when i do try to get it off my eyelashes will come out :(. today i am going to get new mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

This is some kind of wonderful... My current favourite! First off, I've got long, thin and straight lashes that can barely hold a curl with most mascaras. This surprised me as it curled my lashes even without using an eyelash curler beforehand, volumizes without leaving clumps (even after two coats! Amazing!) and is also very dark. I have to admit though, it doesn't produce the dramatic, false lash effect, but I like it natural since I go to school in the day and don't need to be overly made up.
Also, the waterproof formula is nothing short of AMAZING... I have very watery eyes that can make my mascaras/eyeliners run, which in turn makes my eyes irritated, but I haven't had any problems with this.
Overall, I would say that this is an amazing mascara, and cheap too. I'll keep repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this mascara was a disappointment. I bought this at walmart on sale for i think $3.50 recently. I was instantly attracted to it cos i remember using ths in high school. The formula is quite dry and it takes a lot of coats to even make my eyelashes look close to being thick. Not comparable to maybelline's the falsies or colossal (which are my faves).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. The positives are that it holds a curl magnificently, has a little wand that allows you to coat every single lash without having to worry about smudging your face, allows great definition due to the fact that it does not clump your lashes, and in my opinion, adds the perfect amount of volume and length. My favorite color is Very Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by syf2103

I have been using this for years and am still happy with it.
It is an amazing mascara, and everyone asks me which brand I use when I have it on.

Affordable, not clumpy, just great.