April 19, 2014 | 1853 users online

Mascara - Bobbi Brown - No Smudge Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I've bought this product twice now. My lashes are pretty dark and medium length so I don't buy mascara becasue of light or thin lashes. I buy it to finish my makeup. I don't like not wearing it, i gives that little oomph to my eyes. but i don't need glam. This is not mascara for someone wanting to glam their look, or plum their lashes. The highlight of this mascara is that it does what it says: no smudge. I love that. Every mascara I have tried has ended up smudging by the end of the day at work. This one does NOT smudge! Hallelujah. And it gives me enough lift and color so it does what I need from mascara anyway. This is my fave mascara ever because its the first that doesn't smudge for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by VoxClamantis

I have pretty long/thick eyelashes to begin with, but this is my go-to mascara for dramatic evening looks because with a few coats I get a fake lashes look. Only downside with this many coats is that it remains a little bit sticky throughout the day (I am used to my Lancome Hypnose which feels like you have nothing on).

No Smudge is SO waterproof that I can actually swim in the ocean with it and it won't budge. I have noticed that after a full day of ocean swimming (head submerged), i sometimes have one or two small flakes on my cheek. No big deal. The MA urged me to buy Bobbi's special remover to remove it because it is so tenacious.

see picture: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/8/9/7/924370.JPG

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by dotcomgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not do anything for my lashes except darken them. However, the wand was easy to control and the mascara does exactly what it is supposed to do i.e. no smudge. I went through a break up with this mascara on and despite the tears, my mascara did not budge! Good product for day wear but if you're after that extra lash impact, this product does not deliver.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara. I do curl my eyelashes and this is not heavy so it doesn't weigh them down so I don't lose the curl. The eyelashes are nicely separated and natural looking. It's my one indulgence which I buy after having tried hundreds of others over the years. I also love the eyeliner gels.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by makeupdrawer2full

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me this really works. It doesn't smudge as so many other brands seem to do on me. It curls, separates and lifts. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG for me. Dammit all that it costs $22 US. I first experienced this in sample form, black color, and loved it...but sometimes I find those GWP sizes are actually better than the full size for me. I'm picky about my brushes and hate overly long ones. I went ahead and purchased a full-size in black and LOVED it. Then I ran out. Because I could not bring myself to spend $22 on a product that one is supposed to replace every 3 months or so, I then ironically spent way more than $22 in finding a "cheaper" replacement. I bought Too Faced Lash Injection mini (for me, a piece of crap product), Almay's One Coat (meh), Clinique High Definition (decent if you like to work at application), and Clinique Full Definition (more meh). Yeah. That's what I had in my drawer before I thought about what I was really doing. So I went to the not-so-local BB counter and alas...out of black. I was NOT going away empty-handed so I picked up the brown and I'm glad I did.

This formula is just wet enough to allow multiple coat applications without clumping. The brush is full but the wand is not long and wiggly. This stuff actually curls my lashes if I hold the brush at the base of my lashline for a few seconds. It gets the tiny ones at the corners. It wears until I remove it (it is not waterproof but I don't generally dink with those formulas) and it does not smudge on me. My eyelids are strangely almost the only oily place on my face. No smudging.

Does what it says and more. Just think the price is crazy. But I'll buy it again. I've learned my lesson: stick with what works.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by DreamsInColor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was decent mascara. I like this much better than her 'Everything Mascara'

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by emalc

I was so disappointed in this mascara! I have terrible problems with mascara smudging within about 2-4 hours of applying it - and then I have dark circles under my eyes for the rest of the day. This mascara did not smudge too badly, and I thought I was going to love it. However, at around 6 - 8 hours, it suddenly flakes completely off my lashes, getting in my eyes and on my face. If it just wouldn't flake off, this would be a perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bless BB! I finally found a mascara that doesn't smudge or leave flakes underneath my eye area. I was surprised that other brands such as Chanel, Estee Lauder, and Lancome had mascaras I tried that were absolutely terrible leaving me looking like a Panda by the end of the day. This mascara blows all others out of the water for actually (YES!) staying on my lashes all day. I can now rest as I finally found my HG mascara.
UPDATE 10/4/08: I just want to add that I recently missed a Coldplay concert by getting the date mixed up and literally cried my eyes out for an hour. Well, I was wearing this mascara and after I was done crying, I noticed it didn't smudge the tiniest bit!! My face looked horrible ( red and wet) but my mascara was still completely in tact!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara actually lives up to its name! After 10 hours, it still looked fresh; absolutely no flaking, smudging, or clumping! It separates, lengthens, and thickens my lashes perfectly. Even though it won't budge when you're wearing it, it's easily removed with eye makeup remover. This mascara is expensive, but I will gladly pay the money for a product that actually works!