April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Smooth as Silk

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by keetagirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This sls free shampoo leave my hair feeling soft and it doesn't feel like it immediately needs a conditioner to detangle. I have tried too many sls free poos to count and my two biggest complaints are that they either don't lather well (which leave me thinking my hair isn't clean) or that they leave my hair a strawlike tangled mess. This shampoo, surprisingly, did neither one. It lathers well, leaves my hair clean, and thankfully, very smooth. However, I don't know whether it really moisturizes or not. I use shampoo to clean. I have trouble believing that a shampoo can moisturize (while not leaving my hair feeling greasy). I leave the moisturizing to the conditioner. I do know that sls free poo makes my color stay truer. That's a fact. I will repurchase Giovanni again. And for a sls free poo, you can't beat the $8 price tag.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This doesn't detangle as I'm shampooing at all even gently but firmly using my fingers to get it distributed - I've had other SLS free shampoos work much better than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ForestLobster

This is definitely my favorite sulfate free shampoo. I've tried so many, and this one actually leaves my hair soft, shiny, bouncy, and manageable. My texture is fine but thick, very dry, wavy hair, and used in conjunction with a good conditioner, my hair stays pretty and clean for about 3 days, which is longer than other shampoos and methods I've used. So, I am very happy to have tried this and my hair loves it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Got this after looking at YT videos. Leaves hair clean feeling but soft... not with that dried strippy touch. I like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo because I wanted to try something organic. Not impressed. The bottle is tiny, so you're paying for maybe 2/3rds of the shampoo you usually get (and it's more expensive)...so not a great value. At first I was ok with this, since I think it's worth it to spend money on organic products that work.

Well, this shampoo doesn't "work." It dried out my hair, and barely cleaned it at all. Even with conditioner my hair had a dry texture and looked unhealthy.

Would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like this shampoo at all. I noticed for a natural shampoo it lathers very well, but besides that it left my hair tangled and very dry. I will not use this product again. By the way I have super curly ringlet hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth as Silk by Giovanni is so far the best shampoo/conditioner I've ever used and not to mention it is completely organic yet cleanse well and makes your hair silky smooth! I would recommend buying it either in Target or herbspro for best deals in bulk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I bought this because I like using products where I can have peace of mind.

It is lightly scented with grapefruit which I love. It lathered nicely and felt nice to use. I've used more than half of the bottle already so I think I've used it enough to give an accurate review.

My hair isn't smooth as silk as the shampoo suggests. I do use it with the matching conditioner but it hasn't been doing me miracles.

Good basic shampoo that doesn't dry hair but not great for dramatic results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Divab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG shampoo! This makes my kinky curly hair really soft. Doesn't smell to strong and lathers really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to try this product as it is both organic and sulfate-free. However, after using an entire bottle of just the Smooth as Silk shampoo with my regular conditioner, I think I'll stick to using my customary Pantene Pro-V instead.

This shampoo is pretty expensive, at around 7.99 for 8 oz. at Walmart. Packaging is a little unusual but not too bad, I actually like that the bottle isn't opaque so I can see exactly how much product I have left. I figured I was getting what I paid for though, and for awhile I did like this shampoo. It smells nice and lathers up really well despite things I've read about sulfate-free shampoos not foaming up.

Anyways, I realized that my bangs got oily a lot faster after using this product (strangely the rest of my hair wasn't affected; didn't get better or worse). As I neared the end of the bottle I could feel that my bangs were being weighed down with what felt like residue, which I have never gotten from any shampoo before. Sad to say, that coupled with the small amount and the hefty price, will not be buying again.