April 16, 2014 | 1464 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder gives pretty good coverage...but I hate that is goes on cakey! I dont even use alot either. It looks so unnatural because its too powdery! I have normal skin, so maybe this would work better for oily skin types.

--------------
actually i would like to do a new review on this item....i started using this product recently when i ran out of my other powders. i have to say i actually like it. im a little bit tanner now so it blends really well with my skin tone than before. the only bad thing is you have to be very carefull not to drop it because it cracks very easily. i had to replace it...then two days later i accidently dropped it and it cracked again! but other than that i give this product better review this time now that i have been using if more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by holahelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My one major complaint about this powder is not the powder itself- which is very fine, smooth, and works well, but my gripe is with the new packaging. New Colorstay powders have the same basic packaging as the Physicians Formula Happy Boosters, with the lid, powder compartment, and then a tiny puff/brush compartment underneath. The difference between the two is that the Revlon Colorstay powder compartment does not hold enough weight to stay down when opening the lid the full way. Every single time I go to open the lid, I'm annoyed by having to force the compartment down.
Overall, it is a nice product with horrid packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I had to rebuy my pressed powder after dropping my last one on the floor by accident and the powder broke into pieces all over the floor and had to chuck it out. I am really impressed by this. I have this in 'medium' which is a little lighter than what my skintone is at the moment, but using this over my Revlon Colorstay foundation in 'natural tan', it gives me an amazing coverage. Good setting powder and also good to use on those days you don't want to wear alot of makeup. On it's own it gives a pretty good coverage, medium at the most, and will look even better over a tinted moisturizer or concealer. I use a kabuki or powder brush with this, and not the sponge puff. It didn't oxidise on me, and doesn't give me a ghost-face look in flash photography.
Only problem I have with this is that it can extenuate dry flaky skin, so make sure to have moisturized well before. I think I will continue to repurchase this as it's working very well for me. No strong smell either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by eokada1

I've always struggled with powder foundations from the drugstore, but this powder is amazing! It has the best finish I've ever seen- natural, not cakey, and not powdery. It looks natural, but most importantly, it keeps you matte all day long. It's great for using on its own for lighter days, or setting a liquid foundation on those days when you need more coverage. It's a very high quality powder, and for only $10, the price certainly can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by PeepBunnies

I have pretty oily skin in my t-zone and lets just say that this powder along with the Colorstay foundation keeps my face completely matte all day at work. Even when my face is sweating, this stays put. I'm pale, so I got this in translucent. I could probably use the next up shade, but I wanted to avoid cake-y-ness. I use this with a very fluffy brush and not the included puff. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin - your face will feel very tight if you use this. But for my oily skin I won't use anything else. The packaging is alright. I'm not a huge fan of it nor do I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

Just a powder, nothing special. It doesn't seem to keep me matte and it doesn't cover well at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by angelbabyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in light medium. Nice color, not orange or anything weird. So, at first i loved this pressed powder, looked great on my skin. (by the way, i just use a powder for everyday use because i dont like wearing foundation to school).
Anywho, yeah, it looked nice and pretty natural on the skin. Few days later, i completely broke out on my face in places i never get pimples like on my cheeks. I was so upset because i actually liked this ]: I know i broke out from this because i didnt change any other product in my daily routine. Another thing is in places where i have dry skin, when i put this on my face and let it set, it would hurt my dry skin areas, it was so weird. It felt like my skin was gonna crack or something....it was so odd.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

CONS: dries out face; uncomfortable to wear as you can feel the skin being dried out as time passes; gives a cakey look to the face; powder looks chalky by simply looking at it in the package; no SPF; packaging looks cheap; sponge puff breaks apart after several uses.

PROS: none

It is long lasting in a sense that it sucks and sucks moisture out of your skin, but as a result, the overall makeup starts to "fall apart" and needs major touch up. You can see specks of glitter/shine in product but you won't notice this when you apply it to skin. I will never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for a powder that keeps down the oiliness, this works well enough. On me, it lasted about 3 hours before it needed re-applying.

On the downside, it felt (and looked) chalky and powdery. Like it just sat on the skin, despite being buffed away with a brush. It seemed to accentuate every large pore on my face. It's not very finely-milled AT ALL. This is something I'd use if I couldn't get anything else and HAD to tamp down the oilies. I have no plans to use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by rachellebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder :) The formula is so smooth, and the so is the puff that comes with it. I use it to set my foundation, or I just wear it alone. Even when I wear it alone, it comes out so smooth looking. It's amazing.