October 31, 2014 | 1470 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love this powder. I was using Maybelline Dream matte and wanted something that was still very matte (because I am super oily) but not so chalky and lasted longer. So I picked this up without having high hopes for it. I apply this to my t-zone only, I use Estee Lauder Lucidity powder all over my face and then just mattify my t-zone with this to keep me from looking like a grease slick within the hour. This powder is amazing, I remain oil and shine free for hours after applying, even my SO noticed a difference, which is saying a lot because he never notices anything different with my makeup. Well actually all he said was "wow your skin isn't shiny today!" (thanks hun)
I do apply this with the crappy puff it comes with, only because I leave it in my purse for touchups and there is no brush there. It does over apply sometimes when using the puff but it blends out fine. I thought it was a little expensive for a drugstore powder, that was my only gripe.
The package I bought this in was a black compact, full mirror, sponge sits on top of the powder, standard packaging. It's fine with me. I do not know if the half circle mirror is older or newer, I saw that and did not buy it.
Would repurchase.
Edit - have repurchase this twice more in the compact with the window on top and the puff sits underneath. I am using it over my entire face to set my foundation (applying with a powder brush) and for touchups during the day. No powdery look and still helps keep my face shine free. It is a little flat so I apply a bit of wet n wild bronzer in Reserve your Cabana overtop just to give it a bit of "healthy glow". Will keep repurchaing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by dominika99

I have been using this on my t-zone to help control shine. The staying-power isn't great: I'm left oily again after a couple hours. If I apply any more than a feather-light layer, it tends to cake and settle into the fine lines around my eyes.

The compact is a cheap, flimsy plastic. The sponge is flat and poor quality, even compared to other drugstore powders like Cover Girl. It also bothers me that the mirror is a half-circle, so I can't really get a good look at a wider area of my face when I'm applying.

The biggest negative, however, is the poor coverage. This does nothing to smooth out flaws or even out my skin tone, and really only works as a short-term cover for oil.

This would be nice if you're looking for an inexpensive finishing powder, if you don't have oily skin and if you apply the powder with a quality brush. It gets 3 lippies from me, however, because I'm looking for something with more staying-power to fight shine and provide fuller coverage without being cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Translucent to go along with my CS foundation in Ivory because I was worried the one in Light wouldn't match. It's a decent powder and lasts for quite a while in fact, more so than others I've tried in the past. I can't say it's perfect; it tends to look a little powdery and dusty on my skin and I'm guessing that's because it's so white. Even though it's supposed to be Translucent I doubt that it would look natural on anyone who has darker skin than I do and I'm very fair skinned.

Pros:
-Lasts a white before touchups
-Looks fairly natural and not cakey

Cons:
-Very white and powdery on skin
-Packaging is cheap and doesn't give much product, but the design is nice.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this again once I run out. I really love the fact that it doesn't get darker in place when I do have to do touch ups, but I'd like to find a powder that lasts longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder gives pretty good coverage...but I hate that is goes on cakey! I dont even use alot either. It looks so unnatural because its too powdery! I have normal skin, so maybe this would work better for oily skin types.

--------------
actually i would like to do a new review on this item....i started using this product recently when i ran out of my other powders. i have to say i actually like it. im a little bit tanner now so it blends really well with my skin tone than before. the only bad thing is you have to be very carefull not to drop it because it cracks very easily. i had to replace it...then two days later i accidently dropped it and it cracked again! but other than that i give this product better review this time now that i have been using if more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by holahelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My one major complaint about this powder is not the powder itself- which is very fine, smooth, and works well, but my gripe is with the new packaging. New Colorstay powders have the same basic packaging as the Physicians Formula Happy Boosters, with the lid, powder compartment, and then a tiny puff/brush compartment underneath. The difference between the two is that the Revlon Colorstay powder compartment does not hold enough weight to stay down when opening the lid the full way. Every single time I go to open the lid, I'm annoyed by having to force the compartment down.
Overall, it is a nice product with horrid packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I had to rebuy my pressed powder after dropping my last one on the floor by accident and the powder broke into pieces all over the floor and had to chuck it out. I am really impressed by this. I have this in 'medium' which is a little lighter than what my skintone is at the moment, but using this over my Revlon Colorstay foundation in 'natural tan', it gives me an amazing coverage. Good setting powder and also good to use on those days you don't want to wear alot of makeup. On it's own it gives a pretty good coverage, medium at the most, and will look even better over a tinted moisturizer or concealer. I use a kabuki or powder brush with this, and not the sponge puff. It didn't oxidise on me, and doesn't give me a ghost-face look in flash photography.
Only problem I have with this is that it can extenuate dry flaky skin, so make sure to have moisturized well before. I think I will continue to repurchase this as it's working very well for me. No strong smell either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by eokada1

I've always struggled with powder foundations from the drugstore, but this powder is amazing! It has the best finish I've ever seen- natural, not cakey, and not powdery. It looks natural, but most importantly, it keeps you matte all day long. It's great for using on its own for lighter days, or setting a liquid foundation on those days when you need more coverage. It's a very high quality powder, and for only $10, the price certainly can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by PeepBunnies

I have pretty oily skin in my t-zone and lets just say that this powder along with the Colorstay foundation keeps my face completely matte all day at work. Even when my face is sweating, this stays put. I'm pale, so I got this in translucent. I could probably use the next up shade, but I wanted to avoid cake-y-ness. I use this with a very fluffy brush and not the included puff. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin - your face will feel very tight if you use this. But for my oily skin I won't use anything else. The packaging is alright. I'm not a huge fan of it nor do I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

Just a powder, nothing special. It doesn't seem to keep me matte and it doesn't cover well at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by angelbabyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in light medium. Nice color, not orange or anything weird. So, at first i loved this pressed powder, looked great on my skin. (by the way, i just use a powder for everyday use because i dont like wearing foundation to school).
Anywho, yeah, it looked nice and pretty natural on the skin. Few days later, i completely broke out on my face in places i never get pimples like on my cheeks. I was so upset because i actually liked this ]: I know i broke out from this because i didnt change any other product in my daily routine. Another thing is in places where i have dry skin, when i put this on my face and let it set, it would hurt my dry skin areas, it was so weird. It felt like my skin was gonna crack or something....it was so odd.