Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 12/15/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this. It's affordable, doesn't smudge (despite my oily skin and eyelids) and is super easy to apply. It also lasts a ridiculously long time. I know keeping eyeliners for a long time isn't the best, but for anyone on a budget or who doesn't share eye makeup like myself, this is a great investment. I've been using mine for almost a year, everyday and I have yet to worry about running out

on 11/10/2012 1:52:00 AM

I bought this product in what I thought was black but it ended up being black & sparkly. I really do not like the foam-like wand because it's not pointy enough to be able to create a thin line. Also, the color isn't very opaque. I felt myself having to go over the same spots twice to get the color dark enough. I would not buy this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this everyday, the applicator is easy to use. It is a nice black, and also i feel that i can really control it easily.

on 10/11/2012 9:03:00 PM

This liquid liner has great staying power. The application is great; it's so easy to apply! It has a very nice black color that lasts ALL day. My only complaint is that it stings my skin sometimes when I first put it on and while it dries, but then it gets better.

on 9/25/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

BEWARE for those who have sensitive eyes. This eyeliner wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have horrible ingredients for those with sensitive skin. I actually really liked this eyeliner upon application and the first time I used it, I felt my eyes tingling and getting itchy around my lash area. I tried to endure it, and I endured this feeling for an hour or so and it was gone. I continued using this, and the more I used this eyeliner the more my immunity to the reaction got worse. This was my first drugstore liquid eyeliner and I was starting to think I was allergic to drugstore liquid eyeliner.

I'm sitting here now, reading the low rating reviews and one in particular stood out and mentioned there is an ingredient that contains nickel. It is not unusual for someone to be allergic to nickel. So why would you add an ingredient that is commonly known to start allergic reactions?

Oh hell no, I think my Almay days are over.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Oh my bejesus. This is absolutely the BEST drugstore liquid eyeliner I have ever used. I was a loyal Wet N Wild liquid liner user, but this blows that out of the water. It is such a beautiful BLACK black black matte finish, never shiny, lasts ALL day (unless my eyes water), and this is the ONLY liquid liner, or eyeliner in general that I have used that upholds and stays BLACK when I wear shimmery shadows. I cannot stress that enough. Once this dries, its gonna stay black and it's gonna hold up! I'm seriously like on my 15th bottle of this stuff. I've been using it for 4 years. Holy Grail liquid eyeliner. I wish they had a waterproof version because when my eyes get watery it smudges :( but duh lol, so that's not a problem at all. This is perfect for my daily thick cat eye, or when I want a small line to blend with my false lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

loved this eyeliner!! It was my first liquid liner and I haven't found the need to ever buy a different one! The color is as black as black gets, and it very easy to apply. The brush isnt to thin and flimsy, but the perfect size in my opinion. Also, it wasn't too expensive. I was looking for a blacker than black, cheap liquid liner and I found my match :) It'll stay on all day unless you rub it off or add water to it. Of course it isn't waterline friendly but that's what gel and pencil liners are for. I love it <3

on 8/18/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this liquid eyeliner on a whim because I had run out of my Palladio liquid liner. That being said this one kills my old Palladio. I've been on the hunt for the best liquid liner forever and this happens to be my HG. At first, I avoided getting this one because the reviews here weren't so great but now I'm so glad I picked it up because I can't find anything wrong with it! I've tried a lot liquid liners-- Victoria's Secrets, Colorstay, Avon-- and all them either burned my eyes, were shiny, off black or were hard to apply thinly. I think the finish isn't really dramatic but it's not an off black color. It's a dark black, very noticeable yet not shiny and unnatural. Awesome finish.
The thin but not flimsy felt tip applicator delivers even lines every time. It holds up great, lasts all day in the Florida heat, doesn't burn my eyes, isn't very expensive about $7-8. Overall I give this a 100%. Go buy it! :)

EDIT: I still think this is one of the best liquid liners that you could find at your local Wal-Mart, but it's not the best liquid liner overall. After trying a lot of different brands and types of liquid liners, I realize that the liquid liner in the pen form is a lot easier to use than the inkwell form. I still like this liner and I'm still impressed with the finish and longevity, but I've tried others that are easier to use.

on 8/16/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Flaky :(

on 7/20/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used Maybelline Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner for years, and the one day I needed a new one, they were out so I ventured to Almay mainly because of the price. I'll admit, it gives a non-smudgy color and its brush is a lot easier to work with than others, this formula BURNED my eyes. At first I thought that I applied too hard, so I eased up and at first it was okay.. and then it started drying and OUCH! it hurt! I threw it out and returned to Maybelline.

Top Rated Almay Products