January 29, 2015 | 2006 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Boricua333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this liquid eyeliner on a whim because I had run out of my Palladio liquid liner. That being said this one kills my old Palladio. I've been on the hunt for the best liquid liner forever and this happens to be my HG. At first, I avoided getting this one because the reviews here weren't so great but now I'm so glad I picked it up because I can't find anything wrong with it! I've tried a lot liquid liners-- Victoria's Secrets, Colorstay, Avon-- and all them either burned my eyes, were shiny, off black or were hard to apply thinly. I think the finish isn't really dramatic but it's not an off black color. It's a dark black, very noticeable yet not shiny and unnatural. Awesome finish.
The thin but not flimsy felt tip applicator delivers even lines every time. It holds up great, lasts all day in the Florida heat, doesn't burn my eyes, isn't very expensive about $7-8. Overall I give this a 100%. Go buy it! :)

EDIT: I still think this is one of the best liquid liners that you could find at your local Wal-Mart, but it's not the best liquid liner overall. After trying a lot of different brands and types of liquid liners, I realize that the liquid liner in the pen form is a lot easier to use than the inkwell form. I still like this liner and I'm still impressed with the finish and longevity, but I've tried others that are easier to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Flaky :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kathoang

I've used Maybelline Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner for years, and the one day I needed a new one, they were out so I ventured to Almay mainly because of the price. I'll admit, it gives a non-smudgy color and its brush is a lot easier to work with than others, this formula BURNED my eyes. At first I thought that I applied too hard, so I eased up and at first it was okay.. and then it started drying and OUCH! it hurt! I threw it out and returned to Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lidooxhuynh

Honestly the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever tried. I went all day, running errands and such, and the eyeliner did not smudge at all.

The applicator tip isn't flimsy like some other liquid tips, so it's easier to get an exact line.

Definitely recommend this !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SincerelyxRessa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many liquid eyeliner before but i seem to keep coming back to this one. it's cheap and it works well. i've gone through 3 already and jus bought a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by riley2018

This eyeliner is AMAZINGG(: This is one of the only liquid eyeliner that i have found that actually does what is supposed to do. I use black because i feel it really makes my eyes pop!!! I have reccomended this product to many of my friends and people I know. Now, I am reccomending it to you! Try it.. if you don't like it thats cool, but you have to TRY IT!!! oh and the price tends to be cheaper at cvs than walgreens if you choose to buy it at a drug store.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Erin14

Okay, so before even reading this, let's just remind ourselves that we are talking about LIQUID EYELINER. Liquid eyeliner, no matter what, is always a pain to work with. But, in some very rare cases, you come across a decent liquid eyeliner that just clicks for you. This is one of those products. I use brown eyeliner, because I find black to be too harsh for my skin tone and eye color. I really like this liquid eyeliner, because the color is very rich, the staying power is AMAZING, and it is fairly water proof. I didn't give it five stars because the applicator can fray at the end, making it even more difficult to get a clean line. I also found that when you first use it, it kind of burns, but that didn't seem to cause an apparent problem, so don't let that deter you from buying this otherwise awesome product!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by dragoncarrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was searching for an eyeliner to replace my MAC Penultimate eyeliner as it's so expensive.

The eyeliner itself was alright, but I had an allergic reaction to it.

The brush/wand was alright, fairly easy to use if you're used to pen liners and things like that.

The product formula itself though was difficult for me. Not only did it burn when I used it, but it smudged and was way too viscous, way too hard to be precise with it.

I paid $7-$8 for it, and even if my skin had not reacted to it, the product was such a disappointment that I would not buy it EVER again. Better off paying the extra $10 for MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by angieleehenry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried all different kinds of eyeliners and this is the best. I have been using this for about 6 years, nothing compares. It doesn't smear, it is easy to correct with a q-tip and it doesn't clump. I love it.

UPDATE: I now use ZuZu eyeliner. This is so pigmented, lasts all day and really easy to apply. Also if you make a mistake you can use a q-tip and it is easily corrected. Oh and it is natural to :) HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by l1zzyholmes

Been using this eyeliner for 7 years and haven't looked for anything else. Stays on all day, cheap (no more than $6), easy to apply, and lasts forever! Love this eyeliner!