Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

I really enjoy using this primer because it feels lovely when you apply it & makes my foundation go on nicely & last. You don't get a lot of product but you only need the tiniest amount so it does last you. I notice when I don't use it as my skin doesn't look as flawless and smooth. I don't love the packaging I would prefer a tube to make it easier when travelling & more hygienic.

on 12/20/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this primer by a friend, I am not usually majorly fussy on clarins but read reviews on it and decided to try :)
When it came I was pretty annoyed because its not cheap and the jar is tiny, but a little goes a long way definitely!

I hate the texture of it, it feels really rubbery but when applied to the skin it makes my foundation look smoother and lasts all day, too much of this primer will make your makeup cakey and thick so only a really small amount is needed as its easily spreadable and blendable.

So far, im loving it and will probably repurchase if it doesn't make me break out

on 11/25/2012 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm unsure about this one. I went on a Clarins spree recently and this was one of the things I got that I'd not tried before. I love the little pot and scoop. Love that the colour doesn't show on the skin and love that my pores are much less noticeable. However, I'm not convinced yet that it does anything remarkable. It is certainly my favourite of the pore minimisers/smoothers (I used to use the Clinique one) but I need to have a play with it to find out how to best use it on my skin. I use BFB and foundation then use this on top in the areas I need it. Maybe use it under the BFB and see if that makes a difference. I put that I would buy again, because I don't dislike it, but don't love it either, yet.

on 11/24/2012 12:55:00 PM

This is a great product! I use it after I moisturize before my BB cream and my skin looks flawless! I have a little bit of a smile line and whatever I'm wearing likes to get in there not with this stuff. It keeps my makeup smooth and flawless. I got quite a big sample in a gift bag from Sephora it's so much I think it will last me months which makes it worth the money because you only need a little bit. Plus I can't stop touching my skin it feels so soft.

I find my pores are diminished and my skin looks great. I'm really glad I got this to try otherwise I don't think I would have bothered with Clarins except there cleansing oil is calling me;) I do think this is an excellent primer if I have the money I would repurchase because it makes my makeup last and look fantastic even with a light coverage BB so I'm a happy girl. For me it lasts from morning till night and I'm very oily but maybe that's because of the setting powder I use. I do have to blot but my makeup is still on my face..yay!

Try this before you buy because this will not work for everyone. Just like foundation where we need our own color same with primer what works for me might be terrible for someone else so do your testing before you buy I really suggest that.

on 11/22/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I selected this product to smooth out pores and fine lines. It does that to a degree but the makeup still collects in the fine lines under the eyes. Mind you I wouldn't be without it but I still have to use a soft brush during the day to smooth the makeup out. I'm hoping something better gets developed soon.

on 10/17/2012 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product worked fine and did what it was supposed to do, hid the pores and fine lines and helped control the oil, however it made me break out. After working for so long to clear up my skin and becoming acne free for months, after a week of using this I started breaking out and as soon as I stopped using it the breakouts stopped.

on 9/12/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I already have a few great face primers on my roaster. Then, I’ve been given generous samples of this. First I thought I was going to use it just for fun, but boy oh boy…what a great product!

This is probably the best primer I’ve ever use. I does give me that airbrush complexion. Now I’m hooked.

I echoed other reviews that it is not the best primer for oily skin, but for my dry-medium skin type it is just perfect!

I does require a different technique in applying. It has a thicker texture compared to other primers, so I didn’t just rub it all over my face like I would with my BE Prime Time or Smashbox, because it would create an uneven texture. I found that it’s best to place and pat it all over my face, like you would with Benefit Porefessional (and this is a much better primer than Porefessional).

The lasting power is also great too. I usually get 9 hours straight, with makeup still looks flawless at the end of the day.

Now that I’m almost out of it, I need to go out and buy this. I shouldn’t have tried it at the first place, now I have to spend money :)

on 9/8/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this daily for years under my eyes. A jar lasts a long time for that purpose. The product brings a nice lightness and even appearance. It's translucent and it blends well - I have dark skin and it is not detectable. Very light in texture. Love this product!

on 9/8/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was almost my HG! I still love it, but the cons outweigh the pros a little more.
PROs:
-GREAT oil-control (if using this and just a powder foundation)
-doesn't break me out
-lovely packaging
CONs:
-doesn't provide oil-control if used under liquid foundations/bb creams
-price for amount of product you get (just 15g)
-the local department store I get this from informed me it is phased out
(but I would repurchase it if it was not)
Now I'm still on the hunt for something as good as this. :)

on 9/7/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i use this as a primer/makeup base and it is absolutely amazing! i have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the only primer that does not break me out. one of clarins best products, in my opinion.