October 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm unsure about this one. I went on a Clarins spree recently and this was one of the things I got that I'd not tried before. I love the little pot and scoop. Love that the colour doesn't show on the skin and love that my pores are much less noticeable. However, I'm not convinced yet that it does anything remarkable. It is certainly my favourite of the pore minimisers/smoothers (I used to use the Clinique one) but I need to have a play with it to find out how to best use it on my skin. I use BFB and foundation then use this on top in the areas I need it. Maybe use it under the BFB and see if that makes a difference. I put that I would buy again, because I don't dislike it, but don't love it either, yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product! I use it after I moisturize before my BB cream and my skin looks flawless! I have a little bit of a smile line and whatever I'm wearing likes to get in there not with this stuff. It keeps my makeup smooth and flawless. I got quite a big sample in a gift bag from Sephora it's so much I think it will last me months which makes it worth the money because you only need a little bit. Plus I can't stop touching my skin it feels so soft.

I find my pores are diminished and my skin looks great. I'm really glad I got this to try otherwise I don't think I would have bothered with Clarins except there cleansing oil is calling me;) I do think this is an excellent primer if I have the money I would repurchase because it makes my makeup last and look fantastic even with a light coverage BB so I'm a happy girl. For me it lasts from morning till night and I'm very oily but maybe that's because of the setting powder I use. I do have to blot but my makeup is still on my face..yay!

Try this before you buy because this will not work for everyone. Just like foundation where we need our own color same with primer what works for me might be terrible for someone else so do your testing before you buy I really suggest that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I selected this product to smooth out pores and fine lines. It does that to a degree but the makeup still collects in the fine lines under the eyes. Mind you I wouldn't be without it but I still have to use a soft brush during the day to smooth the makeup out. I'm hoping something better gets developed soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product worked fine and did what it was supposed to do, hid the pores and fine lines and helped control the oil, however it made me break out. After working for so long to clear up my skin and becoming acne free for months, after a week of using this I started breaking out and as soon as I stopped using it the breakouts stopped.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already have a few great face primers on my roaster. Then, Ive been given generous samples of this. First I thought I was going to use it just for fun, but boy oh boywhat a great product!

This is probably the best primer Ive ever use. I does give me that airbrush complexion. Now Im hooked.

I echoed other reviews that it is not the best primer for oily skin, but for my dry-medium skin type it is just perfect!

I does require a different technique in applying. It has a thicker texture compared to other primers, so I didnt just rub it all over my face like I would with my BE Prime Time or Smashbox, because it would create an uneven texture. I found that its best to place and pat it all over my face, like you would with Benefit Porefessional (and this is a much better primer than Porefessional).

The lasting power is also great too. I usually get 9 hours straight, with makeup still looks flawless at the end of the day.

Now that Im almost out of it, I need to go out and buy this. I shouldnt have tried it at the first place, now I have to spend money :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily for years under my eyes. A jar lasts a long time for that purpose. The product brings a nice lightness and even appearance. It's translucent and it blends well - I have dark skin and it is not detectable. Very light in texture. Love this product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kachan13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was almost my HG! I still love it, but the cons outweigh the pros a little more.
PROs:
-GREAT oil-control (if using this and just a powder foundation)
-doesn't break me out
-lovely packaging
CONs:
-doesn't provide oil-control if used under liquid foundations/bb creams
-price for amount of product you get (just 15g)
-the local department store I get this from informed me it is phased out
(but I would repurchase it if it was not)
Now I'm still on the hunt for something as good as this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by retrocirce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this as a primer/makeup base and it is absolutely amazing! i have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the only primer that does not break me out. one of clarins best products, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews here. I hate to be the dissenting voice buuuutttt..I don't quite like this. However, I'll finish using it. (I'm left with 1/4 jar after about 3 months of almost-daily usage). It makes my skin oilier, hence foundations/bb creams slide off my face when it's humid :-/ (all melted off in ugly "pools" at my nose region and chin except my HG Maquillage UV stick foundation. My skin is normal btw.) And pore coverage is okay but it's not the best. Doesn't really hide bigger pores. If you want something fantastic that controls oil, covers pores and doesn't make your foundation slide, Cle de peau's primer is much better. And CDP's one lasted me a long time (1 year?) because I only needed a little bit each time. I will not buy this again...I think it only suits dry and super flawless skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by squirrel1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Wonderful stuff, have bought it about 4 times now - might seem a little expensive at 24.50 but I've found a pot lasts almost 2 months despite the fact that I use it every day (and sometimes twice a day) to 'smooth' the skin under my eyes and on my nose. As others have said, you don't have to wear foundation over it. Nicely packaged with a neat little stick to help eke it out, and then scrape the last bits from the pot at the end.