July 29, 2014 | 1239 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I have been trying desperately to simplify my summer face routine, and considering that my skin is normalizing, I figured I dont need too much coverage. I picked this up since magazines hype it up and my cousins swear by it, even though their color matching abilities are questionable as they always pick a shade too light. however upon closer inspection it seems that sand is the only yellow toned shade and it can't be a right match for anyone below nc25 or even nc30. I hoped that it would be forgiving and sheer enough to just even things out and not cake over.
me, i was lookin for something moisturizing without greasiness and had spf, but also covered minor imperfections. basically, one face product to cover all bases for this july heat.

upon application, it feels very thick. I think it is good to work in small sections and blend like a sunscreen. I don't think you need much at all to achieve a very flawless and natural base, especially for me. it smooths everything out so well and the coverage is surprisingly very good. I don't know how to describe it, but it is very effective at hiding things while not looking like its on your face at all.
I do get a little shiny in the tzone as expected if i do it alone, but I powder there to make it last. the thickness and coverage despite its name means...I have no clue how sand works for a wide range. perhaps it adapts to your skin?
love how lux the tube looks in stores. at home, its rather unappealing and not really eye catching to display. it is sanitary however.
I think its a brilliant all in one and the original american bb cream. Its helped me clear up my clogged pores and I won't be using my ten tubes of primer/foundation/mattifier/sunscreen/concealer/lotion/setting spray/etc from now on. I just wish it was a little cheaper, but since its lasted so long I guess I can't hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by testerwhore

iv had a tube of this sitting in my drawer for like 5 months now and i seriously dont knw what to do with it! iv only used it maybe twice... but i hate it! and even more so bcoz i paid frikkin almost £40 for this!! iv tried using it over a moisteriser as well as a clean bare face without any moisteriser, and neither seem to work. My face feels gloopy.. n heavy like i have plaster/wet paint on my face! i hate the texture.. and the way it goes on. iv tried it using my fingers... n with sponges n with brushes.... with NO luck :( i dont get how people r loving this tinted moisteriser. its not even classed as a moisteriser for starters bcoz its soo heavily infused with colour tht it jst feels like a super heavy gooey foundation... which is impossible to blend in. i dont know i just havnt had much luck with this. i feel sad every time i see it in my drawer bcoz its a dead investment for me! also it has a nasty scent. like scented paint! im not sure if its the spf in this which giv it this scent but i hate it. for the price i paid i really xpected it to sing and dance for me.. but sadly no ;(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by palakshah609

Love this tinted moisturizer! I suffer from combination/oily skin. I have large pores, but no acne, scars, or freckles. This provides me with just enough light coverage to cover up any of my skin's imperfections. I don't use any type of moisturizer under it, but I do use a primer or a setting spray. I also then set this with a powder, and I'm usually not shiny for a couple hours. I love this stuff, I just wish it wasn't so pricey!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broke. Me. Out.

Argh

Good color selection, but it broke me out. Moisturizes pretty well, but broke me out. Blends well and sinks into skin but broke me out.

I do not want to pay Fifty-freaking-five dollars for a tube (really nice packaging btw I love tubes they're so convenient) of cystic acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color was very flattering (porcelain) and SPF effective, but it accentuated every line and wrinkle. The texture is literally like sunscreen and the finish can be shiny if applied over a moisturizer, but I assume this is supposed to be used as the moisturizer. The staying power seems average to above average. I'm not planning to repurchase but would be interested in trying another product from this brand in the same color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I actually purchased the oil free version by accident (my color is Porcelain), but figured since my skin tends to get oilier when I travel, I'll just throw it in my travel cosmetics bag. On a recent trip, when I really wanted to look my best, this was a total disaster. It left this weird shiny sheen on my face, and didn't cover ANYTHING. I used it several days in a row, and always the same result. Even using a ton of powder didn't help. I like the regular version, though it is not an HG. This one already went into the circular file.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've recently been eschewing any sort of heavy liquid foundations. I've come to the conclusion that my oily skin doesn't like them and I've stopped fighting to try and make them work. I've also been wanting something that will allow me to cut down on steps while getting ready in the morning as I'm always running late. Of course, you still want something that gives good coverage. I'd been wanting to try this product for a very long time but the price always detered me. I decided that a tinted moisturizer was the way to go and the name that everyone seems to swear by is Laura Mercier. As I stated, I have quite oily skin so I opted for the oil-free version of this. While it doesn't last all day, the ease of use and the coverage still make it a stand-out product for me. You don't need a ton of product for good coverage and, immediately after application, the finish is so gorgeous. Due to the fact that you need so little, the price ends up not stinging quite a bit. I'm about a month in and can't tell a difference in the feel of the packaging. I am NW20 and wear this in the color Nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by HannahBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Several friends with skin similar to mine recommended this product as a good summer alternative to face full of heavy makeup. I live in the South where humidity is a beast and even the toughest of makeups will fail.

I had used it for a few weeks and really enjoyed the coverage and feel of this product and how nice my skin felt. It controlled oil as well as I could have hoped given that my face is the Exxon Valdez. The true test came when my office building had to be evacuated due to a bomb threat. Three hours in the Mississippi heat. I was sweating buckets. Surely my carefully applied face was RUINED.

When I finally got to my car, I looked in the mirror. My eyeshadow was a wreck but my skin looked flawless. I looked closer and my tinted moisturizer hadn't BUDGED. When I went to the movies later, all I had to do was change out of my sweaty clothes, reapply my deodorant and freshen up my powder and I was good to go. And the SPF in this is wonderful because while my fish-belly pale face should have toasted up nice and crispy in the sun, there wasn't a hint of burn anywhere. Not even freckling.

I'm convinced the secret ingredient in this stuff is unicorn tears.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

I don't like this.

This feels heavier than my regular foundations! The coverage is light-medium. Definitely more than you'd expect from a tinted moisturizer. It's thick, so you really can only use your fingers or a sponge- no brushes- to apply. And it's got this very shiny finish. It's not even dewy anymore, it's just SHINY.

I tried applying pressed powder but can look cakey very easily. The lasting power isn't so great either. I do find that my blush lasts longer with this moisturizer. And it's got SPF. So it gets two lippies.

This product is over-hyped. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated (different from dry) and oily skin. I really wanted to like this product, but it made me break out. It feels light on skin and dries quickly so you don't have to wait long to apply the rest of your makeup. However, it oxidizes and made my skin feel rough/harsh after. I have tried it with and without setting powder foundation and still...very coarse. A couple hours later, it made my face extremely oily and shiny. Then, I would break out from it. It also is light coverage, so it doesn't conceal my acne scars.