Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 12/12/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I repeatedly buy this product (in fact I always keep two tubes of this, one for travel).

Pros:
Great for Sensitive Skin - no breakouts
Goes on easily and can be blended with clean fingers
Super light, just like a moisturizer, great for daily use
Provides light coverage - but I always compliment with a concealer + loose powder to set

Cons:
If you do not use a concealer underneath/over, this might not cover red blemishes well

on 11/24/2013 6:52:00 PM

I really wanted to love this because I heard so many great things about it. I went to sephora and got a sample to take home and try to make sure I liked it before I spent 43 dollars on it. I tried it right when I got home and well... I kind of hate it. It is a NASTY texture, and not thin or creamy enough to blend all over. You have to use a lot to cover the whole face because it doesn't smooth all over the face. Also, when I touch my face with this stuff on it feels really gross and comes off on my fingers. I will not be buying this... I'm glad I got the sample.

on 11/22/2013 8:43:00 AM

This is an okay product. I have very oily skin and it doesn't help at all! It is a bit pricey too. I do find myself needing to blend a lot with my fingers and to finish it off with powder. It does its job as a 'tinted moisturizer' but not an 'oil-free' product.

on 11/20/2013 11:47:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product because everyone does. But the color range is not really good for people with pale skin, but I got the closet match I could find because I really wanted to try it. It's not a bad product I just don't think it's worth the price. Also, don't buy this if you want coverage, it's very very sheer. If you want more coverage try the oil free tm from bobbi brown.

on 11/20/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Like many others, I expected this to be a dream tinted moisturizer because of all the rave reviews here and on Youtube. However, it just didn't work for me. It knew it was "oil free" but it went on so pasty and took so long to apply evenly! Only hours later did it "relax" enough to look soft and presentable, thus the 3 rating. And why so expensive?? I won't be repurchasing.

For reference, NC50=Walnut.

on 11/20/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Close to a year ago I purchased this in Nude as part of the Flawless Face starter kit because finally my skin was no longer breaking out and no longer reacting so sensitively, so I thought I'd give it a break from heavier foundations. I have always had oily and dehydrated skin, and a year ago I was breaking out hormonally. Since then the breakouts have stopped (I get a pimple here and there once in a while) but my skin is still oily.

Pros:
- The color matches my NC20-NC25 skin okay but not perfect.
- Coverage is impressive for a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover my acne/redness/spots as well as a normal foundation but blurs them a bit.
- A little goes a long way.
- Did not break me out.

Cons:
- Oh geez it's oily. So greasy. Have to set with powder. Can't use when I know I'm going to be hot and/or sweaty.
- Transfers like crazy.
- Does cling to dry patches.
- Has a bit of a plasticky smell? Not too bad though.

I would not buy this again because it's unbelievably greasy. Honestly even if you have dry skin, I would not recommend because of the clinging. If you have normal skin and just want a little bit of coverage, then this is the product for you.

on 11/6/2013 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I was so excited to try this legendary TM. I've been using medium to full coverage foundations for the past few years and wanted a lighter alternative. I'm so glad I managed to snag a sample jar because this broke me out HORRIBLY. Wanted to try it out for a week but after two days, my face was a nightmare. Painful bumps all over.

I was disappointed because I liked the finish so much more than the NARS Tinted Moisturizer (which basically does nothing for you). This TM had ample coverage (enough to even out your skin tone - won't cover any blemishes or marks, though!) and the dewy finish that I was looking for. Great packaging as well. Mind you, though, it certainly oils up after a few hours so you'd definitely have to blot or powder.

Also grabbed a sample of the original version but I don't want to risk it anymore. Sensitive skinned ladies, stay away!

on 11/5/2013 6:20:00 AM

I bought one 4 years ago and ended up giving it to my sister cause it made my combination skin too oily. just a few months ago, I thought I'd give it another try and splurged again.:-( I use the primer from the same brand before I apply the "OIL FREE" tinted moisturizer hoping it'd work this time. BUT!!! still it makes my face look like you can fry an egg on it!!! waaaaah!!!:-(

on 10/19/2013 4:25:00 PM

I don't know if I will repurchase this when I will finish it up. I quite loved it for a time, it was great in summer, look pretty natural and does not cause anything bad for my combination skin. The product is quite great by itself, and it also have an SPF 20 which is great. But as the end of the summer I didn't felt like wearing this anymore on an everyday basis. The price is certainly the main reason to not buy it again, cause or a product I liked but do not need, I think 45$ bucks is quite a nice amount. But I liked it I have to say. But some lightweight drugstore foundation or BB cream satisfied me quite as much so, will no longer be my HG product. (Please notice I was searching for a lightweight base and natural looking, that I hate cakey feeling on my face and that I am not really into full coverage foundation - in fact it felt just a little too heavy on my skin with the summer temperature) I also have to say that the shades selection is amazing! In brief, it is a good product, but not a amazing one in my opinion.

on 10/9/2013 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

In general I love Laura Mercier's products and I find that the shades of her foundations match my skin--good neutral beiges that tone down redness but aren't overly yellow (N.B. I'm not jaundiced Bobbi!) I was excited to try this as I loved the shade (Bisque) and for the first hour of application my skin looked and felt semi-matte and clear. However, that was the high point. As the day progresses, my skin seems to get more and more oily so much so by the afternoon I feel dirty and claggy and want to wash my face. I've also noticed over the last week or so that my skin seems almost lumpy underneath and I've developed spots in places I haven't seen a pimple since I was 15 (forehead and chin). I'm blaming this product. Oh, and another weird thing is that when you first apply it, it seems to grab hold and "stick" to any dry healing patches. For example where a previous spot is healing, the product almost seems to react and form a little white substance on the area. Odd.