September 2, 2014 | 947 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

I tend to keep my make up routine really simple; I live in a very hot climate and in the dead of summer I just have no desire to plaster on layers of make up on my face. I've been turning to tinted moisturizers more frequently and heard that Laura Mercier's version was the cream of the crop.

I don't know if I would rate this the best product of it's kind, even though for the price it certainly should rank up there. It absorbs well, but it also usually leaves a significant sheen on my face, meaning I have to usually apply an additional mineral powder to balance it out. And I also think the SPF in it is not that effective. It provides slightly better coverage than my drugstore Aveeno Positively Radiant tinted moisturizers, but honestly, considering it's more than double the price of those products, it's not really worth it.

In short, if you're going to shell out for a tinted moisturizer, I'd recommend trying a sample of the Chanel Hydramax or the Dior version, which is similarly priced to the Laura Mercier.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by rswizzle

when i first got it it was really good and i dont know if my skin changed r its the weather but the product got extremely cake-y and the sun screen like texture makes dry skin stand out like a sore thumb. also it has a shiny finish on my face but claims to be oil free, i DEFINITELY NEED POWDER OR IT LOOKS SO GROSS. but yea and it also doesnt really conceal redness incredibly well

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kChoooi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use the normal tinted moisturiser from Laura Mercier and got some samples of the oil free version to try out. I have quite oily skin but this really did nt work on me. My face just broke out and went crazy. The normal one is so much better. I have been using the "normal" tinted moisteriser for the last 8 years and still love it. it is easy to apply, it gives a light coverage and that fresh faced glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to every day base. I have NC20 skin and wear the shade nude. My skin is normal to dry and this gives my skin a dewy but not shiny look. I set with nars sheer pressed powder and it lasts me all day. Not sure if this would be good for people with oily skin, and it would probably not be great for anyone with serious imperfections to cover. I like it because it just gives my skin a fresh, even look. Not for heavy duty coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
*looks great for the first hour

Cons:
*doesn't last
*too greasy for my combination skin
*broke me out

i'll stick with my L'Occitane bb cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Sk1nW0es

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I used this tinted moisturizer for a full year before I realized it was breaking me out. It started with small clogged pores all over my face, even in places that are normally clear. Then for several months I was getting deep cystic pimples. I had just moved for a new job so I figured it was the stress of the job or the change in weather. I never suspected this product because it was oil free. I thought the retin a micro I had been using for 10 years was becoming ineffective, so I tried using a slew other acne fighting products. I also tried adjusting my diet - cut out dairy, sugar, wheat, even meat at one point. Then I stopped using this tinted moisturizer and the cystic acne stopped. I still get a few pimples here and there, but this product definitely made my acne prone skin much worse. Don't let the oil free label fool you; it has Ethylhexyl Palmitate in it which is highly comedogenic. I do not recommend this product if you have clog prone skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I have been trying desperately to simplify my summer face routine, and considering that my skin is normalizing, I figured I dont need too much coverage. I picked this up since magazines hype it up and my cousins swear by it, even though their color matching abilities are questionable as they always pick a shade too light. however upon closer inspection it seems that sand is the only yellow toned shade and it can't be a right match for anyone below nc25 or even nc30. I hoped that it would be forgiving and sheer enough to just even things out and not cake over.
me, i was lookin for something moisturizing without greasiness and had spf, but also covered minor imperfections. basically, one face product to cover all bases for this july heat.

upon application, it feels very thick. I think it is good to work in small sections and blend like a sunscreen. I don't think you need much at all to achieve a very flawless and natural base, especially for me. it smooths everything out so well and the coverage is surprisingly very good. I don't know how to describe it, but it is very effective at hiding things while not looking like its on your face at all.
I do get a little shiny in the tzone as expected if i do it alone, but I powder there to make it last. the thickness and coverage despite its name means...I have no clue how sand works for a wide range. perhaps it adapts to your skin?
love how lux the tube looks in stores. at home, its rather unappealing and not really eye catching to display. it is sanitary however.
I think its a brilliant all in one and the original american bb cream. Its helped me clear up my clogged pores and I won't be using my ten tubes of primer/foundation/mattifier/sunscreen/concealer/lotion/setting spray/etc from now on. I just wish it was a little cheaper, but since its lasted so long I guess I can't hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by testerwhore

iv had a tube of this sitting in my drawer for like 5 months now and i seriously dont knw what to do with it! iv only used it maybe twice... but i hate it! and even more so bcoz i paid frikkin almost £40 for this!! iv tried using it over a moisteriser as well as a clean bare face without any moisteriser, and neither seem to work. My face feels gloopy.. n heavy like i have plaster/wet paint on my face! i hate the texture.. and the way it goes on. iv tried it using my fingers... n with sponges n with brushes.... with NO luck :( i dont get how people r loving this tinted moisteriser. its not even classed as a moisteriser for starters bcoz its soo heavily infused with colour tht it jst feels like a super heavy gooey foundation... which is impossible to blend in. i dont know i just havnt had much luck with this. i feel sad every time i see it in my drawer bcoz its a dead investment for me! also it has a nasty scent. like scented paint! im not sure if its the spf in this which giv it this scent but i hate it. for the price i paid i really xpected it to sing and dance for me.. but sadly no ;(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by palakshah609

Love this tinted moisturizer! I suffer from combination/oily skin. I have large pores, but no acne, scars, or freckles. This provides me with just enough light coverage to cover up any of my skin's imperfections. I don't use any type of moisturizer under it, but I do use a primer or a setting spray. I also then set this with a powder, and I'm usually not shiny for a couple hours. I love this stuff, I just wish it wasn't so pricey!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broke. Me. Out.

Argh

Good color selection, but it broke me out. Moisturizes pretty well, but broke me out. Blends well and sinks into skin but broke me out.

I do not want to pay Fifty-freaking-five dollars for a tube (really nice packaging btw I love tubes they're so convenient) of cystic acne.