GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 7/7/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this eyeliner in the color Purple Stain. I love how the liner stays on all day (even after a jump in the pool)! This eyeliner is gentle and creamy so it doesn't hurt to put on, but I find it doesn't work well on the waterline. The eyeliner comes in multiple colors, and they last all day. The only problem with them is that they need to be sharpened a lot, therefore wasting a lot of the product. Overall, it's a wonderful product!

on 7/5/2011 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love these...i have the black..shimmery yellow (no idea) ..truly brown, and golden moss..i use the last two the most...these are pigmentend and smooth "enough" i feel as if too pigmented and too smooth eyeliners are too much for me..i like really natural eye makeup and these are perfect! i don't have to tug on my eyelid but it doesn't crumble when i line my eyes as well...absolutely what you call the happy medium. (lasts not all day...maybe..9 hours if you set it w/ a shadow) it IS pencil liner...dont' expect too much!

on 6/21/2011 5:50:00 PM

Love this pencil, doesn't stayed to a point very long, hence you use the sharpener alot. But the staying power to me is better than any. I've tryed them all, I've literally got at least a hundred pencils in all shades of brown, black and gray. This is the best so far. The only one I haven't tryed is stila smudge stick....I don't know.....I do use this on my water line and have had no problems. So if it's not broke.....

on 5/9/2011 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

One of the greatest drugstore eyeliners there are. Beautiful colours, very creamy so it doesn't hurt you when applying but in a matter of seconds (half a minute or so) it hardens and stays in place for the entire day. It is easely blendable but you must not wait for 5 minutes to do it otherwise it's more difficult. Great quality for the price, in Belgium they are 6 euro the piece.

on 4/25/2011 3:54:00 PM

I LOVE this liner!! I have it in many shades. It has GREAT staying power I can use it as liner, or I use it to draw a second line on top of my liner for an intense e/s and it never smudges on me. It slides on soooo well it felt like silky soft when glide on and it never smudge/smear. For this price this is a steal. :D

on 4/15/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm new to this eyeliner...I only got mine yesterday so can't comment on quality yet....

CURRENTLY...@ Superdrug, If u buy any e/s, they are giving these Velvet Touch Eyeliner's for free in any color! worth 4.99 :)

Hope this was helpful

on 4/11/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this eyeliner in Black Ink and it is absolutely amazing! The texture of it is quite creamy so it glides on and can be smudged out to create a smokey eye. However, for me the best thing about this eyeliner is that it lasts all day (even on my water line). I will definitely be repurchasing this eyeliner and I have already recommended it to several friends!

on 3/6/2011 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Smooth application. Nice and creamy, with good staying power.

on 2/9/2011 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My former pencil liner HG is Shu Uemura's Drawing Pencil and seriously, this totally beats Shu at a fraction of price...

This is also waterproof and smudge-proof once set, just like Shu Uemura's. GOSH beats out Shu Uemura as these pencils are softer than Shu Uemura's. I find that the texture varies from shades for Shu Uemura somehow. I have the Drawing Pencil in both matte (M) and metallic (ME) shades. The M shades are kind of softer than the ME shades, while both of the matte and shimmery shades of GOSH have the same lovely creamy texture - probably a smidge softer than Shu Uemura's M shades. When compared, Shu Uemura's are mroe waxy than creamy. Apparently, these glides on really easily without tugging or skipping. The colour selection is great too.

3 words to end this review: holy grail material!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG pencil eye liner! It's so smooth and creamy but not too much. I use this all the time on my upper lash line and it gives that natural look that a liquid or a gel liner can't give without having to smudge it 2 seconds after you apply it.
I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it to prevent it sliding anywhere throughout the day and it does a nice job of keeping it in place. I do recommend setting it with an eye shadow, anyway. I use Shadowy Lady from MAC to compliment my green eyes in a very subtle way.
I also love this as a base under colored shadows for smokey looks!

Top Rated GOSH Products