April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sairahn

I have been using this eyeliner in Black Ink and it is absolutely amazing! The texture of it is quite creamy so it glides on and can be smudged out to create a smokey eye. However, for me the best thing about this eyeliner is that it lasts all day (even on my water line). I will definitely be repurchasing this eyeliner and I have already recommended it to several friends!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by canada126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Smooth application. Nice and creamy, with good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My former pencil liner HG is Shu Uemura's Drawing Pencil and seriously, this totally beats Shu at a fraction of price...

This is also waterproof and smudge-proof once set, just like Shu Uemura's. GOSH beats out Shu Uemura as these pencils are softer than Shu Uemura's. I find that the texture varies from shades for Shu Uemura somehow. I have the Drawing Pencil in both matte (M) and metallic (ME) shades. The M shades are kind of softer than the ME shades, while both of the matte and shimmery shades of GOSH have the same lovely creamy texture - probably a smidge softer than Shu Uemura's M shades. When compared, Shu Uemura's are mroe waxy than creamy. Apparently, these glides on really easily without tugging or skipping. The colour selection is great too.

3 words to end this review: holy grail material!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG pencil eye liner! It's so smooth and creamy but not too much. I use this all the time on my upper lash line and it gives that natural look that a liquid or a gel liner can't give without having to smudge it 2 seconds after you apply it.
I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it to prevent it sliding anywhere throughout the day and it does a nice job of keeping it in place. I do recommend setting it with an eye shadow, anyway. I use Shadowy Lady from MAC to compliment my green eyes in a very subtle way.
I also love this as a base under colored shadows for smokey looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have this in 4 colours/shades (hypnotic grey, woody green, purple stain and ocean mist). I had a review on here for hypnotic grey which i didn't really like. I was looking for a new green e/l and got woody green as it was the closest to the colour i wanted. I was suprised how much better it was to hypnotic grey. In the meantime I have bought 2 more and they are amazing. Smooth and pigmented (i think i just got a bad one when i bought hypnotic grey). I am a cluts when it comes to applying e/l but even I can apply a neat line with these. My fave is ocean mist as you can wear it alone and it brightens up the eyes.

The staying power is amazing, you need a good remover (waterproof) to remove it. Unfortunatly it doesn's stay as long on the waterline (about 6 hours) - under eye it does tend to smudge more then on the lid so be carefull when touching your eyes. TFSI will make it smudge less but I find by the end of the day it has smudged completly but I still love them on the lid so I live with the fact the smudge easily on waterline

I recommend these to every one, the colour selection is amazing and the price is very reasonable (7)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like the previous reviewer, I got this eyeliner in Bananas and use it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and lower lashline (not on the waterline, but right under my lashes). The skin at the base of my lower lashes tends to be red, no matter how much concealer I use, and this eyeliner works really well to tone down the overall redness while bringing brightness. It is also very soft and smooth. Difficult to keep a very sharp/pointy tip, though.

To me, this is as good as MAC Powerpoint eyeliners which I really like. I got it on sale at Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart for around 12.50$ CAD (excluding taxes). I will definitely buy other colors in the near future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got it at 006 Bananas color (light yellow). There is some litle smearing in a few hours that I don't like. So when use this, have to be extra careful not to touch your eyes. I use it for my inner eyes - just a little bit as it's pretty bright. I dont think I will re-purchase it, just because I do not like it comes off easily. I gave 4 lippies just because the colour is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by fdffegrfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having tried many many eyeliners (My eyes are very watery, and most eyeliners just come off within half hour :() I've found this is the best. It goes on nice and smoothly, I wear it on my waterline, and it manages to hold most the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I was looking to try something new, something different, something I wouldn't normally try right off the bat. Someone suggested this product in "green grass." (I have brown eyes with a hint of green. I don't say hazel because I just don't think there's enough green in there to count as hazel.) When I added a little bit of this to my look, all of a sudden my brown eyes were lookin' greener than ever! It's really neat how adding a little bit of colour can change your look. I like how smooth the pencil glides along my lower lash line. This seems to be a great product, I'll have to try some other colours too. So, if you want the green in your eyes to really stand out, I say give this a go - it worked for me! : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered GOSH by accident, as i had run out of my HG MAC Teddy and needed something to replace it quickly and don't have a store close by.
As it was 3 for 2 at Superdrug, i picked up Truly Brown, Metallic Brass and Funky Violet. This was two years ago and i haven't bought another brand of eyeliner since. Look down my review list and you will see i'm dedicated to the MAC brand for certain products. I never thought i would find anything better than their eyeliner but i have to say they are in fact, much better. Velvet touch are soft and creamy, cheap, glide on and stay put all day. How could you possibly complain?