Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

I wanted to love this - I think the high spf is great and really wanted to amp up my sun protection. Unfortunately, I found it really drying. It would be fine when I first applied it but by the end of the day, my skin felt dry and tight.

I switched to Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 and couldn't be happier with it.

on 8/9/2012 4:39:00 PM

This was my first Clinique product, and I've bought almost every year since 1993! Really effective sunscreen. I was out in Florida all day when I first bought it and never had to re apply (and never burned). The scent of it takes me back years. It would be too chalky for people that are not very pale, but I am and it's perfect for me.

on 7/20/2012 1:11:00 PM

This is a really good sunscreen, it has never failed to me. I have fair skin so the tint has not been a problem to me. It is a little "oily" but after 10 minutes it is absorbed completely and I set it with compact powder. The only thing I do not like about it is that is not waterproof... So I'll stick with my Anthelios sunscreen.

on 7/20/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was given a sample tube of this while searching for a replacement for my beloved Ti-Silc Sheer SPF 45. I can say that the finish was fine, the tint was fine, but after spending a brief time in the morning sun, my face was red, not "burnt", but it was red the rest of the day, This will not be my replacement product.

on 7/6/2012 9:48:00 PM

This is the best sunscreen I've tried. It is so hard to find a non greasy sunscreen that blends and absorbs into the skin quickly, and this product does just that. This product does have a tint to it, but I have NC15 skin, and after blending this into my face, I don't notice any color or any type of cover up--I can still see blemishes, acne scars, and redness. I don't care whether or not this has a tint, but I wanted to point out that fair skin shouldn't be afraid of the tint, it's not going to change your skin color or look funny on you. Personally, I love using it with Clinique's gel lotion because that moisturizer is so light, it helps the sunscreen blend in even better. I would definitely recommend :)

on 7/6/2012 9:27:00 PM

This is a pretty good sunscreen. What I like about it is that it has a sheer tint to it, so after application, you donn't need to apply a face full of foundation and concealer. However, like a lot of sunscreens out there, it gives my skin a greasy whitish look at first, but the problem can be solved with a little bit of powder or foundation. I only wear this when I know I will be exposed to the sun for a long period of time, otherwise I just wear my foundation with spf15. I don't remember how much i paid for this, but once i run out, it is likely that I would purchase this again.

on 7/2/2012 12:44:00 PM

This is a great product for me as I have oily sensitive skin. No fragrance and this is the only sunscreen I have used and did not breakout from. I just use powder on top of this and I am good to go. I would only use this in the spring and summer as I would like to use a liquid foundation in the fall and winter and I don't need the extra step in the morning. I would just use a moisturizer with SPF and then follow with foundation. This sunscreen does have a slight tint (cream) but that's not such a problem for my NC 35 skin tone, especially if I just top it off with powder that is matched to my skin color.

on 6/26/2012 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had very high expectations from this product coz I read so many good reviews about it. So maybe that is why I'm a bit disappointed with it. It feels a bit sticky while applying, but I wait for a couple of mins and then apply my face powder and it gives a dewy finish. However, when used by itself, I've noticed that this product gives me a greyish, oily tint which looks terrible.

Also, tho my skin tone is medium-tan, I tan super quick and no sunscreen seems to help prevent that. 10 mins in d sun and I turn 2 shades darker, even if I'm wearing SPF 40 or 50. Perhaps its just my skin :(

Its quite an expensive product but it lasts quite long. However, I recently tried a sample of Clarins UV White SPF40 and that hydrates and mattifies my skin and makes it look brighter too...all by itself! So I think I'd rather buy that once this runs out.

on 6/20/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this sunblock! It is good for my oily skin, dries quickly, feels light on the skin, no residue and most importantly fragrance free! I also like the tint to it. It doesn't work as a foundation or anything, but it helps even the tone a little bit. I also love the packaging :)
I saw that some people had a problem with flaking or something, but I didn't experience any of that, it goes on smooth and stays invisible. I just dab a few dots of it all over my face and blend with my fingers. I'm very happy about this purchase.

on 6/17/2012 3:15:00 PM

I ve had a love hate thing with this product over the last couple of years.I decided to give it another go after My fave sunscreen (Clarins u v protect hp) changed its ingrediants :( and while i like alot of Clinique s products im not keen on this. I find it a bit heavy and it seems to sit in my wrinkles and make them more obvious but it does give pretty good proection. I dont think i will buy it again.