Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

3.7

talc, plymethyl methacrylate, silica, dimethicone, pentaerythriftyl tetraisostearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn) starch, tocopheryl acetate, PEI-10, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides, carmine

on 5/11/2008 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i purchased this in pale yellow. the shade is a very soft yellow, not bright and scary at all. the color did blend into my skin nicely. that's the only good thing about the product. i had high hopes for this powder. the texture was finely milled, but some how manages to sink into every single pore imaginable and made my face oilier than even before powdering. there are wayyy better products out there for the price. i'd imagine even drugstore powders are better than this. the difference between the bb sheer finish pressed and bb regular finish pressed is the sheer clings onto every dry flakies on your face. even after an hour, the flakes are still there and not blended in at all... leaving my face w/ a shiny finish on my forehead and flakes all over my cheeks and chin.

on 3/30/2008 1:38:00 AM

Great product! If i want a long lasting makeup, i will definately use this pressed powder. Because it controls oil, it makes my makeup longlasting. another great point about this is it makes my makeup look so natural, but the key point is that you have to use a brush to apply it to make a sheer look.

on 11/19/2007 3:56:00 PM

So far, this has been the only powder that hasn't turned darker on me. That is probably it's strongest point. I have it in Sunny Beige and it sets my concealer fairly well.

For the most part, this is a pretty good product and the best pressed powder I have used. The only reason I took one lippie off is because it does make the fine lines beneath my eyes a little more obvious when I use it to set my concealer - much less so than other brands, though.

on 11/16/2007 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Ooooh I love this!!! I have had this since January 2007 and I am only just running out of it!
I have this in Golden Orange, and this is the perfect shade for my NW45 colouring. I can use it either alone, and it gives me a nice evening out of the skin tone and a real freshness and glow, or on top of my foundation just to set my oily t zone.

I've tried other blot powders and setting powders but this one I have to say is my HG. I wont be able to use anything else now! Its a bit costly, but I think it's worth it!

on 8/29/2007 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this so much. Gorgeous packaging and perfect color for me. It's so hard to find a pale enough color these days to match my super white skin but Bobbi's Sheer Pressed in white was beautiful. The problem was not the gorgeous packaging, color or even the price (rather expensive) but this looked cakey on me. It was very obvious. It is not really that finely milled at all. If you want a flawless finely milled powder that blankets your foundation making you look exquisite, it's Lola French Pink. I would give anything to find another powder like Lola's only without the pink. It''s absolutely gorgeous until you have to blot a few times throughout the day and find that your whole face has turned really pink (doesn't look that way first time you blot but after that it begins to ruin your look). I guess my search continues in finding that perfect finely milled powder that goes on like silk and softens your face without getting cakey (or turning pink darn't)! This was just too cakey. I tried it with a few different foundations and even a few different primers and either way it still is very obvious you are wearing heavy powder. The particles must be larger then they look to give me this effect. It's on it's way back to Nordstrom's. The search continues (also there is this odd sort of odor to the powder that you notice when you are putting it on).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder is great when used over a Bobbi Brown foundation. I use it over the Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation, and it gives a smooth, flawless, picture perfect look. This powder is sheer, and looks very natural, never looks cakey no matter how much you apply. It does a great job of controlling oil and you dont even have to touch up throughout the day. The best way to apply it is with the puff that it comes with, load the puff and apply by "pressing" it into the skin, dont "rub".

on 12/26/2006 11:41:00 AM

I placed an order for this online, and I wasn't sure about the 'Pale Yellow' shade I ordered but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's worth it!! It comes in a nice compact the same size as the Shimmer Bricks (actually, I think I mgiht need to label these on the top of the compacts so I don't confuse my three Shimmer Bricks and this!). I apply a dusting of this with my beloved MAC buffer brush (not sure if that's the type of brush I'm supposed to use with this, but I do it anyway). Gives a nice finish to my skin, and the color works after all! Might repurchase if I used it up, but I also could see myself trying something new....

on 9/12/2006 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this pressed powder! I bought the shade 'pale yellow' and it makes my PPP complexion look flawless. It removes all shininess and makes my complexion look so even. However i get better coverage if i use a brush rather than the flimsy puff that comes with it. A bit expensive but i think it will last me quite a while.

on 8/29/2006 12:10:00 PM

I am an NC20, I wear BB warm Ivory and I bought this powder in Pale Yellow. I love love love this powder! I got the pressed because I wanted something that was portable for midday touchups. This powder is really fine, the compact is beautiful, great mirror and the puff that it comes with is very high quality- I dont feel bad using the puff instead of a brush. It mattifies my mild shine, and just perfects the skin. It is great alone or over the BB oil-free foundation. I am looking to get this product in the loose version to replace my BE mineral Veil because I had such a great experience with the pressed.What can I say, another wonderful BB product.

on 3/24/2006 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

For those of you wondering why this breaks you out it is the Zea Mays aka CORN STARCH. Corn Starch has the same effect as Rice Starch, it feeds the natural bacteria already on your skin and encourages further growth. Booo.

I have this in WHITE. I give it one lipstick as it is actually white. One of the very few products that match my uber uber PPP skin perfectly. However, I find it to be a totally shite product. Yes it is a 'sheer' powder, but if I applied the whole pan at once it would still provide absolutely NO COVERAGE AT ALL!

However, what it does manage to do is show up flakies I didn't know I even had, and sit in my hair like dandruff. Nice. :S

Recommended for Normal Skin