April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sakina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pressed powder! I bought the shade 'pale yellow' and it makes my PPP complexion look flawless. It removes all shininess and makes my complexion look so even. However i get better coverage if i use a brush rather than the flimsy puff that comes with it. A bit expensive but i think it will last me quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mlalak

I am an NC20, I wear BB warm Ivory and I bought this powder in Pale Yellow. I love love love this powder! I got the pressed because I wanted something that was portable for midday touchups. This powder is really fine, the compact is beautiful, great mirror and the puff that it comes with is very high quality- I dont feel bad using the puff instead of a brush. It mattifies my mild shine, and just perfects the skin. It is great alone or over the BB oil-free foundation. I am looking to get this product in the loose version to replace my BE mineral Veil because I had such a great experience with the pressed.What can I say, another wonderful BB product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

For those of you wondering why this breaks you out it is the Zea Mays aka CORN STARCH. Corn Starch has the same effect as Rice Starch, it feeds the natural bacteria already on your skin and encourages further growth. Booo.

I have this in WHITE. I give it one lipstick as it is actually white. One of the very few products that match my uber uber PPP skin perfectly. However, I find it to be a totally shite product. Yes it is a 'sheer' powder, but if I applied the whole pan at once it would still provide absolutely NO COVERAGE AT ALL!

However, what it does manage to do is show up flakies I didn't know I even had, and sit in my hair like dandruff. Nice. :S

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Little_Maple

Colour: Pale Yellow for my NC 20 complexion

Price: Ģ21

I have been searching for a good pressed powder to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day. I have combo skin with extremely oily T-zone and flaky cheeks. Most of the pressed powder I've used turned orange/brown on my face in a few hours. I don't think that this powder offers a alightly above average oil-absorbing property-nothing spectacular (in fact, Rimmel Stay Matte does the same thing). I still have to blot a few times a day.

What I adore: when my face becomes oily this powder does not pool up and cake, and I still can't feel it on my face. The colour DOES NOT CHANGE on me, pale yellow keeps my complexion alive at the end of the day.

What I dislike: it will cling to the flakies, it's slightly less finely milled than Armani

I've tried: Giorgio Armani Microfil Pressed Powder,MAC Select Sheer, Chanel Poudre Universelle,Estee Lauder Oil Control Pressed Power, Prestiege Pressed Powder, Rimmel Stay Matte, L'Oreal True Match
Why I don't use them any more:

Armani is an excellent powder don't get me wrong except you don't have many colour choices in the pressed powder. I wear Armani LSF everyday and the moment that I put on the #2 pressed powder it casts a light brown/pink on my face. I don't quite understand because the powder itself is very finely milled-why did it give such colour? So if you don't have the colour problem, I suggest you to go with this one as it will merge with your skin beautifully and doesn't cling to your flakies.

MAC Select Sheer is also awesome. I love the soft focus I get from it. In fact I finished the compact! However, it turned orange big time. I had to keep exchanging it for lighter shade for 3 times! I had to use NC 5 on my NC 20 complexion! (and it turn slightly darker later in the day anyway) I don't think it has any oil controlling property a all. If you don't want to splurge on Armani/Bobbi Brown then this is the best powder ever but if you want to save even more money...try Maybelline Matte Finish Pressed Powder it's almost identical to MAC Select Sheer except Maybelline offers a little more coverage.

Chanel Poudre Universelle feels similar to Bobbi Brown on my face and the colour doesn't change. However, it's not as finely milled as Bobbi or Armani. Also it's really hard to pick up the product even when the powder brush is used. It's like the powder is very compressed and nothing hardly comes up and I find that the surface of the powder becomes hard very quickly.

Estee Lauder Oil Control Pressed Powder has a pretty good oil-controlling property but the colour pallette is not impressive. The texture is not as light as Bobbi(if you put too much it will start to cake) but it will be a good choice for people with cooler undertones.

Prestiege Pressed Powder is absolutely horrible. They have impressive colour range (neutral or yellow based) but it goes on darker than the colour in the compact. Both the pressed powder and foundation powder turns brown in a few hours and have tendency to cake. The texture is rough too.

Rimmel Stay Matte is very similar to Bobbi in many ways except the shades are rather dull. Same oil-controlling property as Bobbi though.

L'oreal True Match is very similar to MAC Select Sheer but I found most shades are orange/peach looking! No oil-controlling property like MAC too

Last word, I think that Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed Powder is very good when it comes to colour stay true and light texture. I would repurchase this when I run out.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2005 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rather like the square compact.It hasnt come apart like MAC studio fix did.Nice big mirror and elegant case.However the shade just didnt do it for me.I bought golden orange and have got some use out of it but orange is just not the colour I want to be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Appreciate the yellow undertone, however it goes on way too cakey with the sponge that comes with the package... tried using a brush the finish is more natural that way... even tho the this is called sheer finish powder, i still find it a tad heavier than i expected. will save this to use with BB stick foundation... usually use this combination when i need a full makeup look. the best foundation/powder i've ever used so far is InOui ID (a Shiseido line exclusively sold in Japan).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Prettylady12

I like this powder...I just use it to set my foundation and for touch-ups later on in the day (instead of putting on more foundation that I dont need at all...great blessing god gave me)...so I'm not sure how this would be for extremely oily skin...but great for me. (I use soft sand. Foundation colors 4.0 and 3.0 works great with both.)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2005 2:04:00 AM More reviews by exquisitefame

This is a great powder to go with BB's oil free liquid foundation. I love how it's so finely milled and doesn't cake on my face. It's sheer and yet wears visibly and beautifully. One drawback though, is the packaging, which is way too large and square. It's also pretty pricey. I will repurchase nonetheless. Update (Aug 3, 2005): Four months into this product, I realised it seems to be speeding up serum production on my face. When I was on Maybelline's Clear Smooth Finish Powder earlier, I didn't have to blot nearly as often. Have changed my mind about the repurchase, would like to try other brands. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by pogeline

Iīm not impressed by this one. Itīs just ordinary, nothing special at all. Doesnīt mattify much, uses up in no time and the packaging is much too big and impractical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 4:21:00 AM More reviews by thursday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Golden Orange (#3) and it's the best shade-adjusting pressed powder I've found so far. My Asian MMM skin has strong yellow undertones and foundation straight out of the bottle never seems to be just the right shade. This powder corrects foundation that's slightly too pink or too beige. It also enlivens my skin and helps blur blemishes and pores, when used by itself.