October 24, 2014 | 1236 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by pordanil

So far, this has been the only powder that hasn't turned darker on me. That is probably it's strongest point. I have it in Sunny Beige and it sets my concealer fairly well.

For the most part, this is a pretty good product and the best pressed powder I have used. The only reason I took one lippie off is because it does make the fine lines beneath my eyes a little more obvious when I use it to set my concealer - much less so than other brands, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by sodivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ooooh I love this!!! I have had this since January 2007 and I am only just running out of it!
I have this in Golden Orange, and this is the perfect shade for my NW45 colouring. I can use it either alone, and it gives me a nice evening out of the skin tone and a real freshness and glow, or on top of my foundation just to set my oily t zone.

I've tried other blot powders and setting powders but this one I have to say is my HG. I wont be able to use anything else now! Its a bit costly, but I think it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much. Gorgeous packaging and perfect color for me. It's so hard to find a pale enough color these days to match my super white skin but Bobbi's Sheer Pressed in white was beautiful. The problem was not the gorgeous packaging, color or even the price (rather expensive) but this looked cakey on me. It was very obvious. It is not really that finely milled at all. If you want a flawless finely milled powder that blankets your foundation making you look exquisite, it's Lola French Pink. I would give anything to find another powder like Lola's only without the pink. It''s absolutely gorgeous until you have to blot a few times throughout the day and find that your whole face has turned really pink (doesn't look that way first time you blot but after that it begins to ruin your look). I guess my search continues in finding that perfect finely milled powder that goes on like silk and softens your face without getting cakey (or turning pink darn't)! This was just too cakey. I tried it with a few different foundations and even a few different primers and either way it still is very obvious you are wearing heavy powder. The particles must be larger then they look to give me this effect. It's on it's way back to Nordstrom's. The search continues (also there is this odd sort of odor to the powder that you notice when you are putting it on).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great when used over a Bobbi Brown foundation. I use it over the Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation, and it gives a smooth, flawless, picture perfect look. This powder is sheer, and looks very natural, never looks cakey no matter how much you apply. It does a great job of controlling oil and you dont even have to touch up throughout the day. The best way to apply it is with the puff that it comes with, load the puff and apply by "pressing" it into the skin, dont "rub".

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by hlj504

I placed an order for this online, and I wasn't sure about the 'Pale Yellow' shade I ordered but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's worth it!! It comes in a nice compact the same size as the Shimmer Bricks (actually, I think I mgiht need to label these on the top of the compacts so I don't confuse my three Shimmer Bricks and this!). I apply a dusting of this with my beloved MAC buffer brush (not sure if that's the type of brush I'm supposed to use with this, but I do it anyway). Gives a nice finish to my skin, and the color works after all! Might repurchase if I used it up, but I also could see myself trying something new....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sakina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pressed powder! I bought the shade 'pale yellow' and it makes my PPP complexion look flawless. It removes all shininess and makes my complexion look so even. However i get better coverage if i use a brush rather than the flimsy puff that comes with it. A bit expensive but i think it will last me quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mlalak

I am an NC20, I wear BB warm Ivory and I bought this powder in Pale Yellow. I love love love this powder! I got the pressed because I wanted something that was portable for midday touchups. This powder is really fine, the compact is beautiful, great mirror and the puff that it comes with is very high quality- I dont feel bad using the puff instead of a brush. It mattifies my mild shine, and just perfects the skin. It is great alone or over the BB oil-free foundation. I am looking to get this product in the loose version to replace my BE mineral Veil because I had such a great experience with the pressed.What can I say, another wonderful BB product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

For those of you wondering why this breaks you out it is the Zea Mays aka CORN STARCH. Corn Starch has the same effect as Rice Starch, it feeds the natural bacteria already on your skin and encourages further growth. Booo.

I have this in WHITE. I give it one lipstick as it is actually white. One of the very few products that match my uber uber PPP skin perfectly. However, I find it to be a totally shite product. Yes it is a 'sheer' powder, but if I applied the whole pan at once it would still provide absolutely NO COVERAGE AT ALL!

However, what it does manage to do is show up flakies I didn't know I even had, and sit in my hair like dandruff. Nice. :S

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Little_Maple

Colour: Pale Yellow for my NC 20 complexion

Price: 21

I have been searching for a good pressed powder to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day. I have combo skin with extremely oily T-zone and flaky cheeks. Most of the pressed powder I've used turned orange/brown on my face in a few hours. I don't think that this powder offers a alightly above average oil-absorbing property-nothing spectacular (in fact, Rimmel Stay Matte does the same thing). I still have to blot a few times a day.

What I adore: when my face becomes oily this powder does not pool up and cake, and I still can't feel it on my face. The colour DOES NOT CHANGE on me, pale yellow keeps my complexion alive at the end of the day.

What I dislike: it will cling to the flakies, it's slightly less finely milled than Armani

I've tried: Giorgio Armani Microfil Pressed Powder,MAC Select Sheer, Chanel Poudre Universelle,Estee Lauder Oil Control Pressed Power, Prestiege Pressed Powder, Rimmel Stay Matte, L'Oreal True Match
Why I don't use them any more:

Armani is an excellent powder don't get me wrong except you don't have many colour choices in the pressed powder. I wear Armani LSF everyday and the moment that I put on the #2 pressed powder it casts a light brown/pink on my face. I don't quite understand because the powder itself is very finely milled-why did it give such colour? So if you don't have the colour problem, I suggest you to go with this one as it will merge with your skin beautifully and doesn't cling to your flakies.

MAC Select Sheer is also awesome. I love the soft focus I get from it. In fact I finished the compact! However, it turned orange big time. I had to keep exchanging it for lighter shade for 3 times! I had to use NC 5 on my NC 20 complexion! (and it turn slightly darker later in the day anyway) I don't think it has any oil controlling property a all. If you don't want to splurge on Armani/Bobbi Brown then this is the best powder ever but if you want to save even more money...try Maybelline Matte Finish Pressed Powder it's almost identical to MAC Select Sheer except Maybelline offers a little more coverage.

Chanel Poudre Universelle feels similar to Bobbi Brown on my face and the colour doesn't change. However, it's not as finely milled as Bobbi or Armani. Also it's really hard to pick up the product even when the powder brush is used. It's like the powder is very compressed and nothing hardly comes up and I find that the surface of the powder becomes hard very quickly.

Estee Lauder Oil Control Pressed Powder has a pretty good oil-controlling property but the colour pallette is not impressive. The texture is not as light as Bobbi(if you put too much it will start to cake) but it will be a good choice for people with cooler undertones.

Prestiege Pressed Powder is absolutely horrible. They have impressive colour range (neutral or yellow based) but it goes on darker than the colour in the compact. Both the pressed powder and foundation powder turns brown in a few hours and have tendency to cake. The texture is rough too.

Rimmel Stay Matte is very similar to Bobbi in many ways except the shades are rather dull. Same oil-controlling property as Bobbi though.

L'oreal True Match is very similar to MAC Select Sheer but I found most shades are orange/peach looking! No oil-controlling property like MAC too

Last word, I think that Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed Powder is very good when it comes to colour stay true and light texture. I would repurchase this when I run out.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2005 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rather like the square compact.It hasnt come apart like MAC studio fix did.Nice big mirror and elegant case.However the shade just didnt do it for me.I bought golden orange and have got some use out of it but orange is just not the colour I want to be.