August 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beatles4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for almost a year now, and I'm still just as happy with it as I was when I first bought it. I went to House of Fraser looking for a full coverage foundation that didn't have any dimethicone. This one was the only one they had at the time that fit my requirement. I like the fact that it actually matches my pale skin (so many foundations I've tried have been too pink or too yellow, or made me look like a TOWIE cast member), so it was nice to not have that horrible foundation line on my jaw. (Just for reference, the sales assistant matched me as Porcelain). I now layer it between Bare Minerals powder and a Natural Collection powder from Boots. My only complaints are that there isn't enough in the tube and it doesn't have any SPF. The staying power is reasonably good, considering how incredibly oily my skin is, but for a dimethicone-free foundation, I think that's fair enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I would give this a 3.5 if possible, because it has its downsides and merits. as a concealer this Is a solid 5. portable, thick and full coverage, and long lasting color match. absolute perfection. as a foundation, hell no. too thick, even when blended. so really, this is a potent concealer stick and bb should market it as such. not a cake face creme that reminds me of my grandmas makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks beautiful on, but thats irrelevant since it clogs my pores. From just a quick scan I can tell the 2nd ingredient is comedogenic. Why would you use comedogenic ingredients in a FOUNDATION? Dont understand this. Avoid if you are acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be the only foundation I used on my chin. I have different skin tones and shades all over my face, so I have to use multiple products on different areas to get an even skin tone. I use this foundation stick on my chin only, in Natural. It is the only stick that does not turn my chin ashy. The MA at Nordstrom said the goal was to pick a color that disappears into your skin, but I find I lose a glow if I do that. I go a shade lighter instead to make the features not disappear. This is also one of the few foundations that do not break out my chin, but I get it primarily for the coverage and lack of ashiness. However, I recently started using the expensive Cle de Peau concealer in Ochre on my chin instead. It covers better with more of a glowy look. It takes very little, too. You don't get a lot of mileage out of the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by tiggyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation stick for nearly 6 months now and I love it. I am on my second stick. But after I finish this second stick, I won't be buying another one because of its expensive price of £28 and the fact I have clearer skin. Its a full coverage foundation which never looks cakey. If you do have red acne you will need to use a concealer though. The great thing about this foundation is that the colours are great. I have mine in warm ivory, its doesn't look orange or too pinky and doesn't darken through the day. The packaging is a nice size which can fit in your purse or handbag.

Pros:
-Its a good, full coverage foundation
-It never looks too pink, too orange or gray
- It doesn't darken through the day
- It has a great range of colours which match all skin tones
- It looks smooth when applied, you cannot see any dips of acne scars
- It doesn't crease
- Never looks cakey
- It's fine for sensitive skin

Cons:
- It is really expensive, £28 in the UK
- It doesn't last very long, you can easily see it going
-There doesn't seem much of it
- You will need to use a powder because it easily wipes off, my friend accidently brushed her arm against my face and it came off really easily, while I was also using a good powder

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this foundation stick, I purchased Warm Honey 5.5 at the airport.

I thought this was just average - coverage ok, not the greatest staying power. I was expecting great things but unfortuntely this just didn't deliver. I felt that I had to use a lot of product to get a flawless finish, I tried various ways to blend the foundation... brush, fingers but it didn't help.

Black Opal foundation stick which is a fraction of the price provides better coverage and staying power is what I'll be sticking to.

Overall if I could I'd give it 2.5 stars!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Two thumbs up for this wonderful product!!!
It is suitable for all skin type, especially those with dry skin. I have combination/dry skin, and this product works great on my face. It may be too oily in the summer, but it is the best in the winter time. I will not use it during my most oily period in the summer unless as a concealer just because I am afraid of breakouts.
Long lasting and mipedium to full coverage. It is creamy and goes nicely on my face. I don't use a brush for that because I figured finger works better, your cases may be different. I usually set it with some loose powder, and It lasts me 8 hours without any touch up.
Extra: It is a stick, so it can be carried in a flight. My face becomes very dry and fatigued after a long flight, this stuff save my life and makes my face like energetic and flawless in seconds!
I definitely will repurchase it, but this stuff last so long, I have it for about eight months until now, I don't know when I will run out of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, after using all kinds of foundations from pretty much every cosmetic brand over the years, this is still my HG foundation. However, I only give it 3 lipsticks is because I have love and hate feelings towards this product. I love its convenience to use, slim and elegant packaging, and mineral oil /paraben free. I hate it that it's so expansive for such a small amount of product (if you use it as foundation), so hard to find a counter and try on the shades (only one of two counters in a few major cities, so most of time I had to purchase BB products online and they always turned out not the right color/shade for me). And most of all, it can be quite drying. In the days I use it for more coverage, it always turns to be cakey on my skin. In the days I use it without powder to avoid dryness, it can be greasy and makes my face oily looking. Also it always makes my dry patches look more obvious. The only time it looks good on me is when I have the perfect skin, and only use a little bit of the foundation stick for a very light coverage. Will definitely NOT recommend this product for problem skins.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

It's hard for me to find a colour to match my skin tone (warm natural). Nothing in the drug store matches my coloration, all the asian products are too fair for my skin, and I generally dislike liquid and powder foundations, so I was really pleased to find that I liked the consistency of this product, and that the colour matched me perfectly.

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and surprisingly, even though this is an oil based product, it is compatible with my skin, and the products I've been using (dermatologist recommended regime). I have SO many acne scars (they appear purple/ brown) but the coverage of this product is so build-able, reliable and natural that you can't see any discolouration when I use this. In fact, whenever I don't wear make up my friends always ask with such shock why I am suddenly suffering from massive breakouts, and when I explain it's because I'm not wearing makeup, they're even more shocked to find I was wearing make up in the first place as I never look cakey, grey, or pasty (as are problems with ill-fitting foundations).

I also find this works better on my undereye dark circles, than the concealer kit as that is too yellow and powdery.

Overall, best foundation I've ever used!

I only wish it wasn't so expensive and there was more product for the dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by justna24

The colour I have got is Warm Ivory 1 - The colour is perfect and that is something I really struggle to find, but this colour just matches so beautifully. My skin is Fair combination skin, I have an oily t-zone with acne scars, some breakouts, plus patches of dryish skin. I have tried so many different brands even channel, mac, I never buy cheap foundation - but non i have really been pleased with.

I have quite a few problem areas - this foundation I found I can use it on it's own, I can build up the coverage in the problem areas and it looks so natural and doesn't look like I have loads of makeup on. Which is what i wanted. I think it looks brilliant - It is oil based which i did think would be a problem but it really hasn't, all i have to do is a bit of power over the top and done - and it lasts. Plus its such a brilliant size so you can even bring it with you on a night out. I did wish there was a bit more for your money, but you don't have to use much to get a really nice coverage.

All in all I am very pleased with this products and i'll defiantly be buying again.