April 19, 2014 | 917 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product didn't work out for me, considering I have combination/oily skin. It is very light and I do not recommend this to people who have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by imkhatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first went to Sephora, I was looking for a good concealer and was persuaded towards purchasing the Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Sand.

Overally, the packaging for the product is great, I have never had an accidents with its twist tube packaging and the lid has never came loose. I do travel with this quite a lot in an effort to finish it.

As an overall foundation, this isn't one I would recommend. Even when I do moisturize beforehand, I find that it still highlights any cracks in my skin and that's definitely not cute.

As a concealer, I do find myself grabbing for it often because the application is simple and it is a decent under eye concealer for me.

I will probably not repurchase due to its price and lack of versatility.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

the packaging is great. and the colour range is great too.
but i found that no matter how i tried to apply this is just looked cakey and clearly visible on my skin. and for the price it just wasnt worth it i now just use it as a concealer to blank my lips out before lipstick. so it hasnt totally gone to waste it does do a good job under my lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always love Bobbi Brown's makeup, this foundation is easy to apply, the colour is perfect for my skin, the only thing I don't like is that is a little bit heavy I prefer to use it to cover my imperfections on top of my liquid foundation, works better with dry skin, I have normal skin and during the summer I meet a lot of powder to control the shine with this stick foundation, it's perfect for touch ups

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by anat1984

I usually prefer wearing liquid foundations because I like more of a natural look. I used to think that stick foundations are too heavy but when I tried this foundation I was suprised and amazed from the natural, flattering look it gave me. I'm using this for a while now and my friends think I'm not wearing any makeup haha. First I apply my moisturizer, then I apply some primer (MUFE all mat, sometimes I skip this step) and finally I apply a few strikes of the foundation on my forehead, nose and cheeks, and blend with my cheeks. the result is great and I will definitely repurchase. It is quite pricey however it contains quite a lot of product- I'm only using very little each time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thick and cake-like finish. I wore this for 8 hours and the next few days my face was breaking out. Returned immediately. Color was also not right.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin condition summary:
Oily T-zone
Acne-prone (clogged pores, whiteheads, cystic hormonal, PCOS)
Hyperpigmentation from past acne on cheeks and chin
Darker forehead and around mouth with slightly lighter cheeks
--------------------------------------------
Foundation Color references:
I'm a Pacific Islander and my skin color is olive/tan with yellow/golden undertones.
MAC - NC37 (NC40 in summer)
Bobbi Brown - foundations - Warm Natural 4.5
Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder - Warm Natural 6
Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder - Natural 1
Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua - B40 (B50 in summer)
YSL - Touche Eclat Foundation - BD50 (BD60 in summer)
------------------------------------------------------
I've been using the Bobbi Brown Foundation stick as a concealer over my foundation since I have a lot of acne hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and chin. In terms of coverage, it's pretty good. I like to move my finger over the top of the stick to get the formula to warm up and become spreadable. I then dab on the spots to blend and then set with translucent powder.

It's not HG for me but it's what I've been using for the past 2-3 years since Bobbi Brown's range of colors are so far the best matching for my skin. I find that if you use too much, it can look cakey in the day light. Once or twice I tried it as an all-over foundation and found it way too heavy like I was wearing a mask. I went from looking dewy to oily in less than an hour.

I have 1/4 of the stick left and I'm using this time to look for something better while I'm finishing it off.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not thrilled with this. I find that I just can't blend it well: I've tried fingers, brushes, and sponges. I don't regularly wear proper foundation (only on days where I feel I need a little help), and my experience with this product isn't encouraging me to wear foundation more.

I mostly use it as a spot concealer (mostly on the sides of my nose). I'm not convinced by the staying power: I've tried topping it with the Laura Mercier setting powder, and I still feel like it rubs off after only a few hours.

On the plus side: the stick format is convenient for toting and reapplying (and per my experience, you will need to reapply).

I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After I had been matched to Warm Sand and Sand (which were orange/ yellow on me), a new BB salesperson got me to try Cool Beige 3.25. That's just the kind of color name that scares me, because pink is not my "undertone," but I do have a lot of redness in my skin and am very afraid of turning pink or ashy. However, this turned out to be an okay match. The SA pointed out that it's actually a lighter shade than Sand, in spite of the number. I was semi-satisfied.

However, I went back to Sand when another rep assured me that Cool Beige was washing me out and that Sand would give me a more attractive glow. I think she's right. I don't find a perfect "match" in Bobbi Brown, but Sand is the right intensity and the decided yellow cancels out a lot of my redness, while letting me look alive.

When I tried Sephora's Color IQ, things got really strange. The device said I was 1R06, making Natural my Bobbi Brown shade. Which was ridiculous -- just no.

Weirdly, although my skin breaks out at the slightest excuse, I don't seem to have much of a problem with the stick formula. I prefer mineral makeup, but have been forced to admit that I need more coverage. This does the trick. Add a little Rose Pot Rouge and I look better than I have in years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read really good reviews on this product and was tired of my makeup always looking ‘off’ color wise. For reference, I am nc50 in MAC and have a deep brown complexion with yellow undertones. I usually end up having to mix foundation (umm, who really wants to do that?) but I mostly end up wearing makeup that looks too red for my skin. Trying to cut back, I tried to find some cheaper makeup that would work, like Cover Girl Queen, Maybelline BB Cream and Maybelline Fit Me foundation all of which were a hot mess in different ways (I’ll review those separately). I read that BB has foundations geared towards yellow undertones so I decided to splurge for my birthday. I got blush in apricot (gorgeous!!!), BB Stick Foundation, and the tinted eye brightener both in 6.5 (warm almond). I also received a sample of the Skin Foundation and a sample of the tinted eye brightener/concealer since mine had to be shipped to me<<Then, I went to my sample of Skin Foundation . I applied it with used my regular concealer on dark spots then walked around and did other stuff without thinking too much about it. A few minutes later, I looked at myself in the mirror and knew it (the Skin Foundation) was a HIT and has now become my HG foundation. This stuff really gives you the look of airbrushed, perfect skin. My pores seemed to disappear, but they were not too bothersome in the first place. I have combination skin and only have to use 1 blotting paper during my entire 8 hour work shift.

So, I would definitely give BB a try! There are so many foundation formulas that you are sure to find one to suit you. Know your skin type, ask the MA questions and don’t be afraid to request for a sample. But budget-wise, the liquid foundations seem to be a better bang for your buck! I personally won’t give the stick foundation another try, but I’m looking forward to trying the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, creamy concealer, corrector and a few other things. I’m definitely a Bobbi Brown fan from now on!