November 20, 2014 | 1830 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in dashes across my face where I need more coverage, then blend with a drop of tinted moisturizer. I could never imagine using this as a full-out foundation--it would be way too heavy and thick. But to give my TM a little more coverage where I need it, it works nicely. Also serves well as under eye concealer. I have two shades--I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

To be honest, i am super surprised at the feedback on this product... i had really good luck with it, thankfully, because it was almost $50. One thing that puzzled me is why it would be called a foundation. I NEVER used it as such, i used it as a concealer. I would dab it onto my blemishes and imperfections after applying primer, and then I would use my foam blending brush to blend it in. I wonder if anyone else was confused by this- and thats partly why the reviews are so low? This product is a bit misleading, because it has all the properties of a good concealer- its thick and creamy, easy to blend, and gives a very high coverage... of you used this all over your face, like you would a normal foundation, you would look like a clown with a chunky, thick mask on your face... this is why its used on my face as a concealer. Moving on, i LOVE that it comes in a stick... it is totally mess free, I am able to use every bit of the product without any going to waste, i got the light/fair skin color and it matches my skintone perfectly... i love that because this product does come in a stick, you dont NEED any brushes or blending tools- your finger works just as good with achieving that perfect look. One of the only downfalls for me was the price... as much as i loved this product, it wasnt my HG product, worth spending the $50 on. I have a feeling my tube will last me a very long time, being that i only use it as a concealer. I would highly reccomend getting a sample of this first, to see how you like it... i have a feeling the name on the tube is why we pay an arm and a leg. anyway. try it for yourself, i totally love it, the price is the only thing that may hinder me to re-purchase! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by nad1a246

Got this in porcelain to suit my pale neutral skin and it matches pretty well however this stuff is not full coverage, it is medium at most and even then you need to use loads and since you don't get much of it , I doubt it's very cost effective. And it does seem to stick to dry bits.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by petitsmots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lord, why do I not try this product earlier?! I don't think I am ever so satisfied with any foundation's performance until I came across this last week. Gonna chuck my lancome, maybeline, loreal, revlon and other blemish balm cream all away. This guy's staying. It looks like I have nothing on my face because it just look so natural. I can rock the no-makeup look with the foundation in half a minute. Done.

Btw, i have over-active oily pores and this magic simply concealed it. I could blot my face 2-3 or more for the entire day without having to re-touch. I just pat on a little bit and it could last for so long, plus it doesn't clog my pores. Just dust a little loose powder, perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really not the biggest fan of this foundation which was a pretty big disappointment since I forked out so much money for it.

For it's good points:
    - it comes in a decent variety of shades and for the first time, I found one that was an exact match for my skin colour
    - it didn't cause any weird reactions, clog pores or start a break out (yay!)
    - the stick form is pretty handy (i found the best way to blend it was to warm it on my fingertips and apply it manually)
    - pretty damn good coverage

For its minuses:
    - hello oil slick. every time I used it, I would look in a mirror mid-way through the day and look like the a total greaseball. and that is honestly saying something for me because on my best days, my skin is about as dry as the sahara desert.
    In a desperate attempt to not have wasted my money, I tried using it in different ways to reduce the oiliness - less moisturiser underneath, different primers, different powders on top. Nothing worked so I've given up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by HapaKikui

How disappointing! I bought this because it has the coverage that I need for my blemishes and acne scars. When used with the pressed powder, it looks amazing. However, after looking in the mirror after only working for four hours, my face was already an oil slick. It had already settled into my fine lines under my eyes and around my nose and laugh line. It made me look downright old! On top of that, it had almost completely faded off of the top of my nose and my chin even though I hadn't touched my face. Thinking not using a face primer was the issue, I tried again. No improvement. After a week, I was already noticing new breakouts. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beatles4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for almost a year now, and I'm still just as happy with it as I was when I first bought it. I went to House of Fraser looking for a full coverage foundation that didn't have any dimethicone. This one was the only one they had at the time that fit my requirement. I like the fact that it actually matches my pale skin (so many foundations I've tried have been too pink or too yellow, or made me look like a TOWIE cast member), so it was nice to not have that horrible foundation line on my jaw. (Just for reference, the sales assistant matched me as Porcelain). I now layer it between Bare Minerals powder and a Natural Collection powder from Boots. My only complaints are that there isn't enough in the tube and it doesn't have any SPF. The staying power is reasonably good, considering how incredibly oily my skin is, but for a dimethicone-free foundation, I think that's fair enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I would give this a 3.5 if possible, because it has its downsides and merits. as a concealer this Is a solid 5. portable, thick and full coverage, and long lasting color match. absolute perfection. as a foundation, hell no. too thick, even when blended. so really, this is a potent concealer stick and bb should market it as such. not a cake face creme that reminds me of my grandmas makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks beautiful on, but thats irrelevant since it clogs my pores. From just a quick scan I can tell the 2nd ingredient is comedogenic. Why would you use comedogenic ingredients in a FOUNDATION? Dont understand this. Avoid if you are acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be the only foundation I used on my chin. I have different skin tones and shades all over my face, so I have to use multiple products on different areas to get an even skin tone. I use this foundation stick on my chin only, in Natural. It is the only stick that does not turn my chin ashy. The MA at Nordstrom said the goal was to pick a color that disappears into your skin, but I find I lose a glow if I do that. I go a shade lighter instead to make the features not disappear. This is also one of the few foundations that do not break out my chin, but I get it primarily for the coverage and lack of ashiness. However, I recently started using the expensive Cle de Peau concealer in Ochre on my chin instead. It covers better with more of a glowy look. It takes very little, too. You don't get a lot of mileage out of the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.