September 1, 2014 | 1857 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by petitsmots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lord, why do I not try this product earlier?! I don't think I am ever so satisfied with any foundation's performance until I came across this last week. Gonna chuck my lancome, maybeline, loreal, revlon and other blemish balm cream all away. This guy's staying. It looks like I have nothing on my face because it just look so natural. I can rock the no-makeup look with the foundation in half a minute. Done.

Btw, i have over-active oily pores and this magic simply concealed it. I could blot my face 2-3 or more for the entire day without having to re-touch. I just pat on a little bit and it could last for so long, plus it doesn't clog my pores. Just dust a little loose powder, perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really not the biggest fan of this foundation which was a pretty big disappointment since I forked out so much money for it.

For it's good points:
- it comes in a decent variety of shades and for the first time, I found one that was an exact match for my skin colour
- it didn't cause any weird reactions, clog pores or start a break out (yay!)
- the stick form is pretty handy (i found the best way to blend it was to warm it on my fingertips and apply it manually)
- pretty damn good coverage

For its minuses:
- hello oil slick. every time I used it, I would look in a mirror mid-way through the day and look like the a total greaseball. and that is honestly saying something for me because on my best days, my skin is about as dry as the sahara desert.
In a desperate attempt to not have wasted my money, I tried using it in different ways to reduce the oiliness - less moisturiser underneath, different primers, different powders on top. Nothing worked so I've given up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by HapaKikui

How disappointing! I bought this because it has the coverage that I need for my blemishes and acne scars. When used with the pressed powder, it looks amazing. However, after looking in the mirror after only working for four hours, my face was already an oil slick. It had already settled into my fine lines under my eyes and around my nose and laugh line. It made me look downright old! On top of that, it had almost completely faded off of the top of my nose and my chin even though I hadn't touched my face. Thinking not using a face primer was the issue, I tried again. No improvement. After a week, I was already noticing new breakouts. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beatles4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for almost a year now, and I'm still just as happy with it as I was when I first bought it. I went to House of Fraser looking for a full coverage foundation that didn't have any dimethicone. This one was the only one they had at the time that fit my requirement. I like the fact that it actually matches my pale skin (so many foundations I've tried have been too pink or too yellow, or made me look like a TOWIE cast member), so it was nice to not have that horrible foundation line on my jaw. (Just for reference, the sales assistant matched me as Porcelain). I now layer it between Bare Minerals powder and a Natural Collection powder from Boots. My only complaints are that there isn't enough in the tube and it doesn't have any SPF. The staying power is reasonably good, considering how incredibly oily my skin is, but for a dimethicone-free foundation, I think that's fair enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I would give this a 3.5 if possible, because it has its downsides and merits. as a concealer this Is a solid 5. portable, thick and full coverage, and long lasting color match. absolute perfection. as a foundation, hell no. too thick, even when blended. so really, this is a potent concealer stick and bb should market it as such. not a cake face creme that reminds me of my grandmas makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks beautiful on, but thats irrelevant since it clogs my pores. From just a quick scan I can tell the 2nd ingredient is comedogenic. Why would you use comedogenic ingredients in a FOUNDATION? Dont understand this. Avoid if you are acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be the only foundation I used on my chin. I have different skin tones and shades all over my face, so I have to use multiple products on different areas to get an even skin tone. I use this foundation stick on my chin only, in Natural. It is the only stick that does not turn my chin ashy. The MA at Nordstrom said the goal was to pick a color that disappears into your skin, but I find I lose a glow if I do that. I go a shade lighter instead to make the features not disappear. This is also one of the few foundations that do not break out my chin, but I get it primarily for the coverage and lack of ashiness. However, I recently started using the expensive Cle de Peau concealer in Ochre on my chin instead. It covers better with more of a glowy look. It takes very little, too. You don't get a lot of mileage out of the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by tiggyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation stick for nearly 6 months now and I love it. I am on my second stick. But after I finish this second stick, I won't be buying another one because of its expensive price of £28 and the fact I have clearer skin. Its a full coverage foundation which never looks cakey. If you do have red acne you will need to use a concealer though. The great thing about this foundation is that the colours are great. I have mine in warm ivory, its doesn't look orange or too pinky and doesn't darken through the day. The packaging is a nice size which can fit in your purse or handbag.

Pros:
-Its a good, full coverage foundation
-It never looks too pink, too orange or gray
- It doesn't darken through the day
- It has a great range of colours which match all skin tones
- It looks smooth when applied, you cannot see any dips of acne scars
- It doesn't crease
- Never looks cakey
- It's fine for sensitive skin

Cons:
- It is really expensive, £28 in the UK
- It doesn't last very long, you can easily see it going
-There doesn't seem much of it
- You will need to use a powder because it easily wipes off, my friend accidently brushed her arm against my face and it came off really easily, while I was also using a good powder

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this foundation stick, I purchased Warm Honey 5.5 at the airport.

I thought this was just average - coverage ok, not the greatest staying power. I was expecting great things but unfortuntely this just didn't deliver. I felt that I had to use a lot of product to get a flawless finish, I tried various ways to blend the foundation... brush, fingers but it didn't help.

Black Opal foundation stick which is a fraction of the price provides better coverage and staying power is what I'll be sticking to.

Overall if I could I'd give it 2.5 stars!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Two thumbs up for this wonderful product!!!
It is suitable for all skin type, especially those with dry skin. I have combination/dry skin, and this product works great on my face. It may be too oily in the summer, but it is the best in the winter time. I will not use it during my most oily period in the summer unless as a concealer just because I am afraid of breakouts.
Long lasting and mipedium to full coverage. It is creamy and goes nicely on my face. I don't use a brush for that because I figured finger works better, your cases may be different. I usually set it with some loose powder, and It lasts me 8 hours without any touch up.
Extra: It is a stick, so it can be carried in a flight. My face becomes very dry and fatigued after a long flight, this stuff save my life and makes my face like energetic and flawless in seconds!
I definitely will repurchase it, but this stuff last so long, I have it for about eight months until now, I don't know when I will run out of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No