August 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by preetsaran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation with my beauty blender for quite some time. When I first began using it I had normal/combination skin and it worked quite well-It was my HG foundation! Unfortunately, my skin has started to become dry because of the dermatologist prescribed topical meds that I have been using and this foundation is a disaster for me now! No matter how much I exfoliate, moisturize, and prime beforehand this foundation always looks too cakey and noticeable. I would say give it a go if you want full coverage and have normal-oily skin, but stay away if your skin is dry! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with studio fix fluid. I love how flawless it makes my skin look but after 3-4 hours I can see alot of oilyness coming through the foundation to the point where I feel like a greasy mess & its starts to wear off on me. That said, I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin oily, your basically putting product on your face so I can't really expect it to stay all day without oilyness. However I have gone through 6-7 bottles of studio fix fluid. I've tried other foundations & although they are good in their own way, they just dont beat the coverage & finish that studio fix gives me. A downside to this foundation is that it doesnt come with a pump which isn't fun when your trying to get product out of the bottle & end up using too much. All in all good product but I sometimes wonder If its really worth the money or If I could get a better drugstore foundation for cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lindy2014

I recently purchased the liquid studio fix foundation in NC20. Loooooveeee the coverage and setting it with the Studio Fix Powder Foundation looks amazing! I have even gotten compliments at work on how great my makeup looks. Now, if you do put too much on, it will look cakey. for touch ups during the day, I use the Blotting Powder in Medium and it helps with the oil around my T-Zone mainly my nose area. I did have a hard time for the makeup artist to match me but she finally did and im so glad I finally got the right shade. It definetly should come with a pump but I found the Cover girl 3 in 1 I believe its called the foundation one and that pump fits perfectly on the Mac bottle. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst foundation I've ever used!!!! It was very difficult to blend and oxidised by lunch time. Not to mention it make me look soaking wet oily!!! My colour match was awful aswell it was bright yellow - I looked like a Simpsons character ha ha!! Seriously tho there are farrrrr better foundations out there!! If you are looking for a foundation that lasts all day and is completely flawless try Lancôme Tient Idole ultra 24hr it's a god send!!
To finish on a positive - never one to waste a product I use this foundation for the gym ha ha!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Sandicious

If you have oily skin and prone to acne please put this in the bin. It is far too greasy for my skin anyway and I struggled with spots for years before I realised that this didn't help. It didn't even make me look any better, I just looked like I wore tons of makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like this foundation. I have it in NC44 and NC45. It does oxidize so, while NC45 is a perfect match in winter when I'm less oily or for when I have a tan, it is a mess in the summer and goes dark. NC44 is therefore my summer colour. When it oxidizes it's perfect.

There is no need for concealer with this product if you have minor imperfections and you can just go over problem areas with a second layer if you dont get the cover you desire the first time. It really does provide serious coverage.

A con for me is that I can 'feel' it on my face after I apply. If you have ever worn Revlon Colorstay you will know what I mean. It is a heavy makeup. I tend to get shiny with this even after I set with powder but nothing blotting with tissue cant fix. I dont find touch-ups are necessary. Another is the fact that the pump is sold separately. That is seriously annoying.

I dont agree that it looks 'made up' or 'fake.' On me it just looks like I have amazing skin. If you have that over done look, you're applying too much, applying it improperly (not blending etc) or you have the wrong shade.

Really great foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sacoope1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave 3 lippies because of its pigment and staying power. I will buy again for a friend.

Mac studio fix fluid in NW45 foundation irritated my acne prone skin and to make matters worse, I have been mismatch by the makeup artist. The inexperience makeup artist would automatically match people with dark skin to NW45.

Being a dark skin female with strong yellow undertones, I have struggled immensely to find a foundation to match my skin tone. I remembered going to 'Harvey Nichols' in the U.K and the makeup artist matched me with NW45. What a mess that was. At the time the lighting was deceiving and my face looked fine, however on exiting the store, people were looking at me suspiciously. As I walked passed a store with reflective glass, I saw my face for the first time in natural lighting and I couldn’t believe it was an image of me. Normally, I would be laughing at girls wearing the wrong shade of makeup, but on this given day it was my turn to be laughed at. I looked like something from a distant planet. My face was red and my neck and chest were yellowish. Thankfully it was chilly on that day so in order to disguise my appearance, I purchased a scarf to hide my neck and a knitted beanie hat to hide as much of my face as possible, lol.
I now use ‘Nars Sheer Matte foundation, in Macao. I must admit that I really like this foundation though it might be a little to reddish for me. But I have come to learn that if I apply a sparing amount the reddish bit would be dramatically reduce. Thus far, it is doing really well on my acne prone skin. However to all acne sufferers, what has worked for me is washing my face with an acne cleanser, then having a light 3-5 minutes facial steam (nightly) , followed by applying acne spot cream or ointment on the pimple, prior to going to bed.

Everybody’s skin is different and would respond differently to foundations and acne treatment. However for me, Mac studio fix fluid in NW45 didn’t agree with my skin and the above acne treatment has rid of my acne. I am in the process of getting rid of my scars.
BUT YOU NEED TO BE DEDICATED AND LIGHTLY STEAM YOUR FACE AFTER WASHING OFF YOUR ANY FOUNDATION/MAKEUP, THEN APPLY THE CREAM OR OINTMENT TO THE PIMPLE/S. PUSTULES BUMPS WOULD TAKE A LONGER TIME TO GET RID OF AS IT FIRST NEEDS TO COME TO A HEAD.

GOT ATLEAST 8 HOURS SLEEP AND YOU SHOULD SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SKIN.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by SWhitaker05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually used this product for a few years before I was able to pin point it has being the reason for my breakouts. I used NC20 and color was perfect and the coverage was amazing BUT it's so heavy and made my face look fake. I also talked to some ladies at Sephora who told me it is made with mineral oil which can cause breakouts and the reason for the appearance of large pores. I just bought Make up Forever HD foundation and the Philosophy hope in a jar foundation and both are so much better!! I was a huge MAC fan for the longest time now my skin is clearer and I will not be buying anymore foundation from MAC. I do however love their primer and lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by tiaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shade NC25

Pros: Nice smooth, full coverage with some effort, although not for those who want a natural look. Good range of colours and suits warm undertones.

Cons: After a few months it gets streaky, cakey and makes you look greyish, even after using both brush and fingers. Also a pump would help, its not easy to dispense the right amount with a screw top. Pricey in Aus ~ $50

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ndasilva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation in hopes of wearing it as a bridesmaid in a wedding I am in this summer. Well, I'm so glad that I purchased this product well in advance as it will not work for me. This product applies beautifully, it has a great consistency and applied well with a tarte brush that I have (I attempted the beauty blender but that seemed to really speed up the breaking down of this foundation). Once set and the rest of my makeup has been applied, I love this. It has great coverage, really nice colour, and the smell doesn't even bother me. I do, however, become bothered when it starts to spread apart and wear off within a few hours. Truthfully, I've had better luck with the Revlon Colourstay than with this...and at 3 times the price it's an unfortunate thing for me to admit!