November 27, 2014 | 1549 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily lids and all eyeliners slip off me like no business. This eyeliner, even with Urban decay eye primer, still migrates south for the winter after 3-4 hours. To keep this staying put, I have to use primer under my eyes, and powder around my eyes before putting this on. I hate having to have powdery eyes just to keep eyeliner on.

I do think this is one of the best eyeliners though and best for most people who are normal or dry skinned. This is deeply pigmented and inky black. It smudges less than most eyeliners I have used. I still prefer MAC Chromaline Gel Liner or Stila All Day Liquid Eyeliner for staying power. I do think these are overrated for their staying power but I think they have good pigmentation. I do think the line needs more varieties of matte colors though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MlizK

I've only heard great things about Urban Decay eyeliner so I thought I'd try a few. I do like some of the other colors, but I have an issue with Zero. The application is uneven. It does not last 24 hours, and the longest it's lasted on me was 3 hours with primer and staying indoors. I love how it really does glide and smudge, but it does not dry or stay put (even when I tried to set it with powder). The color is very nice (although uneven). It shows up almost metallic on me. I just wish it would stay on longer. Also, these pencils are a pain to sharpen. I have the UD sharpener and it doesn't work. I've tried it with my other sharpeners and I have the same issue. Will not repurchase in Zero.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mbengmellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily eyelids but usually eyeliner stays put if i put primer first. This doesn't work on its own nor with a primer. It smeared and smudged. I have monolids with fold (asian eyes) and I much prefer MUFE Aqua Eyes over this (in any color tbh).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This is the only crayon eyeliner that stays on my waterline and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. And it glides on with no tugging or pulling. Those are the main problems I have with crayon eyeliners. I only use crayon eyeliners for my waterlines because I am more of a liquid liner type of gal.

About my Eyes and Skin surrounding the area: Sensitive/Easily irritated

Other crayon eyeliners tried and did not like: Chanel, Christian Dior, Maybelline(irritated my eyes like no other), Revlon, Marcelle

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my all-time faves. :)

This eyeliner definitely rocks... very smooth, creamy texture and highly pigmented. Easy and pleasant to apply, then stays put and looks a lovely black for most of the day.

In spite of the fact I tend to migrate to "frugality" ("cheapness"), $19 seems to me a good price for this good-sized liner and mine lasted the better part of a year. However, towards the end of the afternoon, it does begin to smudge to my lower lid and gave me a little of the usually inevitable racoon eyes.

Oh well... the search for the perfect black eyeliner continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this pencil in a goody bag of sorts, and while I wanted it to work for me, it just really doesn't hit the mark as a product I can routinely use and be satisfied with the results. I tend to use pencil liners on my upper eyelid when I can't be bothered to use gel eyeliner (normally on the weekends and such) but this really isn't the best for me when using it like so. I find that I can never fully reach opacity to get a nice crisp dark line even with multiple passes, it always appears as grey. I also find that it is impossible to get a sharp line using this liner, as the pencil tends to crumble at the very slightest creation of a sharp tip. The largest problem I've found however, is lid transfer. After three or four hours, I'll find rims of eyeliner above my crease, even with primer (which frankly, it shouldn't need in the first place). That is a really big no-no, especially for something that is touted as capable of 24 hour wear. It works relatively well on my lower waterline, but I don't line there often, so it's a bit pointless for me to have a pencil that functions in all the ways I don't need but fails in the realms I want it to work. All in all, I wouldn't purchase this, and am glad that I didn't in the first place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pollinad

I have owned two of the Urban Decay pencils in the shade Zero, and I really regret spending the money on them. It is an ok liner, but nothing special, and for the ridiculous price of $19 (which is what this eyeliner was retailing at last time I checked Sephora) I would expect an exceptional product. Zero is not as creamy in texture nor as dark as I would like. The major downfall is that I cannot trust this to stay on my waterline, which is what I want my eyeliner to be able to do. There is just no way to justify spending full price for this product when you can get something of equal quality for less money at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jeskka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes down to it I regret shelling out the money to purchase this. I'm a college girl on a budget so I'm especially choosey about the high end products I buy by doing research and reading a mess load of reviews. However, this time I didn't. I love using black eyeliner pencil to really give my eyes intensity by either lining the eye, tight lining, or putting it on the waterline and all of the above for full on drama. I was tired of all the eyeliners I had smudging so since I had heard a lot of raves about these eyeliners I decided that the bigger price would be worth it if it did what I needed it to. The packaging is beautiful and I haven't had any problems with the cap or anything. The product itself is creamy which is great for application since it doesn't snag on the skin but it confirmed my suspicions and smudged. A lot. To put it simply is I can't trust this eyeliner. I cannot go on throughout my day and trust that there is no smudging and smearing because it would do both. The only other pro of the creamy texture of it is that it makes it easy to wipe of the under eye smudges. The color is nice and pigmented and setting helps a tad but for the price and the promises this eyeliner makes I shouldn't have to set it. Since throwing it out would be a waste I only use it to line my top lid since it doesn't transfer to my crease or anything. I'll give it that

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ZalinaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

personally, i don't get the positive reviews.

This eye pencil has a consistency of lipstick; I keep it in the fridge so that I can actually apply it, not smear it all over my lids. May be it is "waterproof" but it certainly doesn't stay put as a line on my lids (no, I don't use eye cream before applying it; yes, I do use a primer; yes, I do set it with transluscent powder - but it still SMEARS all over the place).

Will never buy again and encourage you to look for a different product.

The ONLY positive is the color - the actual shade (I bought Flipside) is very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil has a very soft creamy nib and allows a smooth, easy application on the upper lid.

It smudges SO easily, a good thing if you want a smokey subtle line. But if you want a precise line, then maybe not such a good thing!

It does last on the upper lid for quite some time. But on the waterline - not so much.

If it was a lot more affordable I would definitely buy again!