April 24, 2014 | 2049 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by maajake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have quite bad nails. My nails are cracking and peeling. I used this product for a month or so and it didn't help at all. Actually it made the condition even worse - the coat peeled off with my nails...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by linaelvira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My review is almost identical to heidebe (see below). My nails were what could be described as "severe problem nails". I have been using this stuff every day for the past 2 months, they are still in a sorry state despite rubber gloves for chores, hand cream, Solar oil and this. Waste of money, cut your nails down and spend money on nice colour polishes instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Linnea_tegman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE ONLY product that has made my nails able to grow long and beautiful. I've always envied girls with long nails , but now with this product it is reality for me as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this over the past several months- this stuff really works wonders! I wore acrylic nails for over a year straight but decided it was time to let my natural nails breathe for awhile. After the falsies came off, I was stunned at what bad shape my nails were in. So i began lightly buffing them and following up with Miracle Cure, removing it and starting over every week or so. This product works great as a ridge filler, and helped bring my weak, peeling nails back to a healthy state. This product definitely helps to strengthen nails- Ive had much less trouble with breaking and splitting after continued use. One pointer I'd like to give is use to apply this in thin layers- it has a gel-like consistency and a little goes a long way. Miracle Cure is now a staple in my nailcare arsenal!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by heidebe

The bottle says "For Severe Problem Nails." Yep, that describes six of my nails. They had been peeling like crazy so I decided try this.

No miracle cure here. I used it for three weeks and saw no improvement. I also felt like it make my polish chip easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the most part, my nails are strong and grow quickly. However, they tend to peel in the dry winter months, and a ridge has developed that splits fairly easily. I've been using SH Miracle Cure for a year and LOVE it! My nails never peel when I use it regularly, and when that ridge starts to crack, this keeps it from getting worse. I don't apply it as often as the instructions suggest, and I still have good results. It's a great base coat that seems to make my home manicures last longer (in conjunction with SH Double Duty as a top coat). I've also used it as just a clear polish. You do need to be careful how much you brush on your nails, because it's pretty thick and will "bubble" if you use too much. This is definitely my HG nail treatment!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by koen0126

This really is a miracle cure. My nails used to be weak, and would peel and break often. I have been using this for a week or two and my nails are strong, long and beautiful!! Absolutely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by vanilalam

This really is a miracle cure!!
I have pretty healthy nails but after one winter in the East Coast with the indoor heat, my nails keep chipping and peeling off. They never got better even after the heat's gone and humid summer comes..
BUT this Mircale Cure is the magic.
It makes my nails dramatically stronger and I never seem to notice any nail problems again. You have to be consistent in using it throughout winter because the problems do come back after you stop using in a while.
It does have a pretty strong and irritating smell but it goes away quickly enough, so who cares?
Thanks to this treatment now my nails are strong and shiny. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty good basecoat and treatment--it didn't work any miracles for me, unlike the other Sally Hansen nail treatments I've tried, but it did help even things out and help my nails grow a little less damaged.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know if "miracle" would be accurate but this stuff does work pretty well. My nails have been prone to splitting and peeling for as long as I can remember but after a run-in with a bad nail salon (acrylics wrecked my nails) I started using this regularly...now my nails are now stronger and longer than ever! This is a plain clear polish, nothing fancy, but it does help to strengthen your nails substantially. You paint on two coats the first time you wear it, and add another coat every other day for a week before removing it and starting over. I applied it less often than that and I found it still worked pretty well. I also use this as a basecoat for regular nail polish and it works well for that, too. It's not "miraculous" but it definitely works!