Sally Hansen Miracle Cure

3.5

on 7/11/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I stupidly bought Nailtek Xtra and Foundation II and they were terrible. They chipped and putting on extra coats, whether I wore both together or just used them one at a time seemed to piss off my nails even more. My best friend suggested this and she was right. This was so much cheaper and actually did all things I wanted it to do. It didn't chip and I only had to put it on every other day. This stuff is amazing!

on 7/5/2009 2:51:00 PM

Sorry, Sally, but no Miracle Cure. I've used this religiously for several months and see some very slight improvemment but that could be because I'm also using Solar Oil and Poshe AHA Cuticle treatment ( in the little yellow tube). I'll keep looking for a better treatment for my peeling nails. This isn't a complete waste of money but I expected better. Won't repurchase.

on 6/9/2009 11:39:00 AM

I took off my UV Gels a couple months ago and I was looking for a nail hardener to use while the damaged parts of my nails grow out. So far this is working pretty well. My nails are not peeling or breaking off and have even grown to a nice length (though I need to file soon so that the good nails can grow in faster). I can't use this as a basecoat w/np however, because this stuff is sooo thick that bubbles are inevitable. When I feel like painting my nails I use SH Double Duty as a base and topcoat and my nails get almost as hard as when I use Miracle Cure. I would buy this again, but I took one lippie off because I can't use as a basecoat.

on 5/15/2009 4:02:00 AM

I have really brittle nails I mean silly brittle and this seems to be working Ill have to see how it holds up in the pool As I am a swimmer and every day when I get in the pool its chip city

on 4/15/2009 1:37:00 PM

I love this product, I took off some acryclics that I had been wearing and of course my nails were brittle and keep snagging on my clothes and hair and breaking. I purchased this and the first day of using it, it filled in any ridges, "Cracks" or dents. It dries to a glossy finish and most certainly help with protecting my nails from future damage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this stuff. It makes a very nice, quick drying, base coat and top coat even. Very shiny. I always have a bottle around because it's the only thing that strengthens my nails after removing my artificials. My only complaint is the same I have with all other thick polishes- the lower the polish level in the bottle gets the more tiny bubbles I see when applying the polish. Yes, I roll my bottles, not shake. I guess that's just the nature of thick polishes. Either way, it's a good buy. It's reliable, and inexpensive.

I think the mistake most people make when buying a strengthening polish for damaged nails is that the polish is going too "fix" the splits, ridges, and flaking. NO POLISH ON EARTH CAN DO THAT! Nails DO NOT "heal". The best you can hope for is a polish that will protect what you have, strengthen it to avoid further breakage, and if used regularly should protect the new nail growth until the damaged nail has completely grown out. I think this product does that.

on 3/11/2009 8:25:00 AM

I have quite bad nails. My nails are cracking and peeling. I used this product for a month or so and it didn't help at all. Actually it made the condition even worse - the coat peeled off with my nails...

on 1/16/2009 10:06:00 AM

My review is almost identical to heidebe (see below). My nails were what could be described as "severe problem nails". I have been using this stuff every day for the past 2 months, they are still in a sorry state despite rubber gloves for chores, hand cream, Solar oil and this. Waste of money, cut your nails down and spend money on nice colour polishes instead.

on 11/15/2008 11:29:00 AM

This is THE ONLY product that has made my nails able to grow long and beautiful. I've always envied girls with long nails , but now with this product it is reality for me as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been using this over the past several months- this stuff really works wonders! I wore acrylic nails for over a year straight but decided it was time to let my natural nails breathe for awhile. After the falsies came off, I was stunned at what bad shape my nails were in. So i began lightly buffing them and following up with Miracle Cure, removing it and starting over every week or so. This product works great as a ridge filler, and helped bring my weak, peeling nails back to a healthy state. This product definitely helps to strengthen nails- Ive had much less trouble with breaking and splitting after continued use. One pointer I'd like to give is use to apply this in thin layers- it has a gel-like consistency and a little goes a long way. Miracle Cure is now a staple in my nailcare arsenal!

Popular Treatments