November 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Will last a long time, but color is off and looks really heavy/awkward. Would not repurchase, which is a shame since I usually love clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kgpowell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really covers my dark circles and moisturizes my eyes like an eye cream. It lasts all day, even after I've gone swimming. it only creases under the eyes sometimes in extreme heat, but all you have to do is run a pinky under your eyes to smooth it out again. you don't need much to get great undereye coverage. i bought my tube of all about eyes almost two years ago and am still using that same tube. shake up the tube a little bit before you use it to keep it thick and keep it from separating. best undereye concealer i've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by snickles

This was about 22 bucks and it was a waste of money. The color the woman tested on my face looked good, but outside it was totally off. It didn't conceal anything no matter how much I layered it, and even before the layers it was dying. Sigh :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Here is a prime example where Paula B says this is a definite favorite and it is a total dud.

This creased within an hour of putting on. When I put on concealer under my eyes, it is there for a flawless complexion not to see lines and creases of product. It also gave me red eyes.

I should never have strayed from Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

IMO this is too heavy for the eye area. It doesn't blend well and it settles into creases. Also, it seperates and its not like you can effectively shake it up in this tube. Seem like if I did not use it for a couple of days, then the first bit to come out would be clear water. It's gross. I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by malditakengkay

The thing with this concealer is that it does not cover my undereye circles and it creases into my fine lines when I put more on and it ends up looking cakey. It also is not long-lasting, within the hour I can see my dark circles again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by immortalkeanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Prior to trying this concealer I was using L'Oreal True Match which I did like but I got a gift card to Sephora, ran out of concealer and decided to try out something new. I was very impressed with Clinique's concealer! It does a really great job with coverage and it was definitely worth it. However, one thing I dislike about this product is that it's pretty thin and a bit liquid-y which obviously isn't always helpful when you are trying to cover something up. The product tends to set into lines after a long day. The trick is to just dab it on and very, very gently blend in (and a quick touch up during the day helps too). Other than that easily fixable problem, I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Moyave23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ended up buying this Concealer despite the mixed reviews here on MUA because I compared it directly to the Dior Nude Concealer, which has much better reviews and found them to look fairly similar, except the All about Eyes Concealer had more coverage and I was looking for that in a Concealer.
Let me say that I don't think this is the Concealer for everyone. If you don't need high coverage in a Concealer and/or if your skin is more mature, I think there are better Concealers out there for you.
Here's why:
Pros:
- Very good coverage for a liquid concealer
- Relatively large amount of product with 10 ml for about 20 (compare that to something like Touche Eclat, where it is more like 1,5 ml for 35)
- Blends in pretty well when applied and patted in with fingers
- Looks fairly natural around the delicate eye area (Worse than some but better than most high coverage ones)

Cons:
- Like other people said already: It does settle into fine lines after a few hours, even when set with powder
- At the end of the day, I sometimes find it dry-looking, seeming to accentuate fine lines
- Don't find it to be moisturizing like it says.

I think how well you'll get along with this concealer will depend on the degree of fine lining around your eyes because the settling into fine lines part is the biggest con with this concealer. I have a few but they're not usually very noticable but this concealer is sure to find them. But overall the results I get with it are not too bad and the creasing is tolerable, as there are not yet very deep lines to creep in. I'm not sure whether I would repurchase though.
I would advise you to give this a try if you need good coverage and to use only tiny (think ant-sized) amounts for each eye, as that is all you need. I use the shade 01Light Neutral for my NC15ish skin and it matches pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by dunnoleh

Background info, i'm an asian dude, i've tried TONS (trust me on this) on concealers, i have serious dark undereye circles and a natural flushed cheeks so getting a concealer to conceal and not look weird without messing with my cheeks' flush can be tricky.

When i first bought this concealer in - 05 Medium Beige, i didn't like it AT ALL, infact, i hated it so much i just chucked it aside after using once. Then of course, i continued searching for my HG concealer, i've come across a couple of concealers that is "close" to HG, namely Clea De Peau (Stick), Revlon Photo Ready Concealer (Stick) and Hourglass (Stick), i was leaning towards stick concealers because they seems a little more heavily pigmented and better staying power.

After sometime, i found my way to Bobbi Brown, they worked really well for me, the corrector + concealer technique, so one day, i stacked a thick layer and achieved an almost flawless finish, i was happy i thought i found my HG until that night, when i removed my concealer with some makeup remover, stared into the mirror and saw my eye and nose and saw this little bit of "wrinkle" effect like what your fingers would look like if you dip them in water for a long time. I was horrified, i wasn't sure if i did too much concealers or was it too drying for my skin. (Im not sensitive to alot of products and so i don't think it was a sensitivity issue)

So of course i strayed away from my Bobbi Brown and thought, this is a good time for me to invest in eye creams to protect my eye. surprise surprise, just reasons to spend. BTW, it's Khiel's Avocado Eye Cream, lol.

I developed a habit of using a tiny dab of eyecream BEFORE my concealer because i felt the protection + moisturize properties is now necessary, i must say after eye cream, 80% of my concealers became better for blending. So of course i found my way back to the Clinique's concealer. I must say this is like as close to the HG i have ever been, i'd give 9/10, minus 1 point because i feel like the staying power throughout the day seems weak, not like it slides off or anything but it seems like after a day (12 hours or so) when i remove it with my makeup wipes, everything seems lesser on the cotton than i initially applied.

If you're lucky Clinique carries your skintone colour and it doesn't work for you, you should try my method. The trick is eyecream, let it set for awhile, gently dab the concealer with your ring finger, in light layers, it's buildable to a certain degree, and set it with some powder, i set it with BARE ESCENTUALS' Matt Foundation Powder, don't ask why, i just happen to think dusting my face with a "foundation" that is true to my skin colour would make the concealer even more flawless looking and true to my guess, it worked really well on me.

At the end of the day, my face will look dewy, (i'm a BP Oil Spill) and i love what i'm doing. I'M FABULOUS OMG.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this concealer in the lightest shade and it cost me $35. Not worth the money I'd say. To give 1 star is akin to giving Clinique a little face. To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

This concealer has medium coverage and has light peachy tones. First of all, it does look okay when I first apply it. I need another light layer to conceal my undereye circles. As I have severe dark eye circles, only 70% would be concealed. Better than nothing though.

After 5 minutes--CREASE HELL. It settles into my fine lines. Worse still, it does NOT last! In this tropical country where I'm residing in, this does NOT work for me, even though it claims to be long-wearing. Ha!

I have to use this on top of my Za Perfection concealer. This combination works really well, only if, and only IF I set it with Maybelline Dream Matter Powder. 85% coverage which lasts the whole day.

For SGD$35 this is not worth it. I would not repurchase this simply because this does NOT work for me (it's really not worth adding another extra step and the extra hassle of trying to make it work for me) and also I have other options to try.