December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - The Makeup Corrector Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Honey_pot

I have it in No.1, light/clair, which suits perfectly my PPP skin.
I think Shiseido had a wonderful idea when they deicded to create a corrector in form of a pencil. Of course, this will not be the only corrector one should have, because it is not ideal to use on lines or on undereye circles (it's too thin and even too hard... it's a pencil after all, not a cream or a liquid!) but if you have to cover small areas, little blemishes or rednesses, especially for touch-ups (but personally I use it also at home, when I have my 'traditional' correctors at hand too), this is exactly what you need. Besides, it wll last a long, long time (I wonder if I'll ever have the necessity to buy a second one).

I think some of the reviews, though, refer to the eraser pencil (the light green waxy pencil), not to the corrector (in fact they could have chosen more different names :))). Another magic wand that will erase any mistakes made with mascaras or eyeliners... a must-have for begninners, a great friend for everyone else :))) !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lsyu

I LOVE LOVE this pencil. I agree with the other reviews that the color choices are very limited, but I use #2 and it matches my asian skin perfectly! I love the fact it's a pencil - it's convenient and goes exactly where I need it to. I usually have to blend a lil bit, then set with powder. This pencil is great for touchups too! I only gave it 4 lippies because it's really expensive at $15 - so I usually find it on eBay for about $3-5 :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this strictly for its portability -- there are much better concealers out there, but few that are as easy to carry around in your purse. Coverage is good enough for red spots and my undereye circles, but definitely not for dark undereye circles or darker discolorations. I have #2 and use O20 in Shiseido foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by twang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouldn't say it's the best concealer out there. But the #2 pencil matches perfectly with my Shiseido I40 powdery foundation, and it's so convenient to use and carry around! Since the powder is my HG, I'll buy the pencil along with the powder. Although I don't think this will happen soon since this pencil will last for a long time. So who cares if there's better concealer out ther :P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 7:24:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

its very handy and i always have this in my makeup bag when im on the go, instead of carrying my Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage around. its small, very easy to use and its excellent for touch-ups. and of course i will repurchase this again! =)

EDIT: i've switched to Bourjois concealer pencil now cos it says it is for acne-prone skin. this is basically the first thing i look at when i look for a concealer. it covers and stays on without turning into a cakey mess. im sold. so no, wont be coming back to this one. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on all the positive reviews and though it's nice I wouldn't rave over this one. It's a lot thinner than I thought which is fine I suppose because it's good for small areas that need covering and it's extremeley easy to use being in a pencil form. The coverage is pretty good and the medium blends well with my fair skin but I find I have to go over it with my finger and blend it so it matches my skin/foundation so that it doesn't look too orange/fake. I think the staying power is pretty good as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SweetSharon07

This is a great concealor- it lasts for a long time and provides good coverage. I only wish there were more shades to choose from and that it did not come in a pencil form. Although i admit it is very convenient in a pencil form but when i try to sharpen it sometimes the concealor falls off and is useless. This makes the pencil even shorter since i have to sharpen it again, overall, making the pencil an even more expensive buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by geriannie1227

Great and handy! Named "the magic pencil" by a friend...perfect for the purse...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by calinde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shiseido needs to invent more shades for this corrector pencil. I bought shade #2, which ended up looking a bit peachy on my skin because shade #3 (which is the darkest) seems to be dark for my FFF Asian skin tone. The slim wand provides good control over application. The coverage is quite good. But this is seriously not a heavy-duty concealer so dark discolorations will still be slightly visible. It isn't very long-lasting either. 3 lippies for it. I may not repurchase this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 9:18:00 AM More reviews by chilli

Really love this. The lightest shade is great for my PPP skin. Makes me look flawless.