July 25, 2014 | 955 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by beauty_freak

this is a good, non-clumping mascara. somewhere in between natural and falsie look. two thumbs up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a bit reluctant to buy this because it wasn't much cheaper ($25 AUD) to purchase a higher-end one online, but after reading the reviews on here I decided to buy it and give it a go. I think this is the best mascara I've owned so far, but that being said, I've only ever used a few in my time. I love how black and thick this makes my lashes look (I got this in 'Rich Black'). It gave me that subtle false-lash effect after a couple of coats. Another great thing about this mascara is that when I'm wearing it on my lower lashes it doesn't smudge to under my eye (my biggest peeve!) and it manages to come off with standard make up remover without any trouble. The only negative I find is that it can make my lashes look a little bit too dramatic for work or school (but that may not bother some people) and it can look a little clumpy if you add extra coats - especially on bottom lashes (which I use my MAC studio fix mascara for from now on) This is definitely one of those mascaras I will go back to because it's my favourite over any I've used. I wouldn't repurchase but only because I plan to try out the Masterpiece Max next. If you are contemplating trying this mascara out, I say do it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a good mascara if you're looking for natural looking lashes. Nothing extreme here - my HG is still Lancome Hypnose Waterproof.

This lengthens and adds some volume to my lashes, though without much thickening. It thickens my lashes a little bit, frankly probably due to the fact that I used 4 coats or so. Lashes are clean and defined without clumping even so. Not bad though the price for this mascara is on the expensive side if we're talking abt drugstore ones.

Oddly, when I rubbed my eyes, the mascara didn't smudge but flakes only. However, I hv no foundation on my skin at that time. Not sure if this makes any difference.

The consistency of this mascara is just right to work with the brush. Not too wet or not too dry. It's kind of waxy actually.

Being not waterproof, it can be removed easily using water. Also, it's surprising that my curled lashes didn't flatten immediately. Still, this kills the curl slightly. Fyi, the water-washable version of False Lash Effect also made by Max Factor killed the curl immediately and completely. Anyway, I have better luck with waterproof mascaras for curl holding.

Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Waterproof is quite similar though it gives more length without any thickening regardless of how many coats I pile on, at a lower price. Also, the Maybelline one holds the curl for me though this probably has sth to do with waterproof or not - I can't really compare at this point.

I probably will repurchase this one in the waterproof version, or the newer masterpiece max to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

if they ever....EVER discontinue this product - i will DIE! honestly.....i will....i feel it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Amistarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product! I have long eyelashes but they are very straight and I have tried so many mascara's (one's designed to curl etc) and have had no success. This mascara is the only one that makes me look like I have curled my lashes, and it adds thickness to them too! I always buy this mascara, it is the only one that has not let me down, and is a good price too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by freelunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras, hands down, only next to Loreal's Voluminous mascara. I love the formula and the brush is awesome. I am of asian descent so my lashes aren't very thick or long. This does the trick without going overboard or without being clumpy (which is a problem w/ Loreal for me). But one thing though is that unless you already have thick/long eyelashes, this doesn't really add that dramatic difference, but it's still definitely good enough for everyday use. It can get flaky too when it dries, but it's never noticeable unless you're about 6in from the mirror and it's maybe a few specks here and there that are ever visible. Also, stores here in California no longer carry this brand so I always have to ask my mom (who lives in the UK) to send me a replacement, which is the huge and pretty much the only downside for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by foreveronline

All the Masterpiece and False Lash Effect series could be perfect for me, but somehow I have an allergie for all Max Factor mascaras: lashes begin to fall out and eyes begin to pinch by the evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mimie

Its a nice mascara but not the best.It is supposed to give great definition but it didn't do such a great job. I wasn't satisfied.It has a nice effect but i'm lookinf for better stuff.
Despite the definition, volume is not included as it says in the presentation but it gives super length.You can tell it does by the brush.Its a tiny thin plastic brush which is ideal for long lushes.If you want length it's pretty good.
Its not expensive but generally i don't like spending even the smallest amount if i don't get what i like.Besides i don't think that a good mascara depends on the price.I wan't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Matils07

This is my go-to fav cheapy mascara. It's great for curling my flat lashes, separating & volumizing - just add more coats. I use this with diorshow blackout for added drama if I'm going out, or just on its own for everyday wear. Only cons is it dries a little stiff/flakey & I just wish it lasted a bit longer (or maybe I just use it too much!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by damyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite drugstore mascara and the best mascara I have tried so far. I do not usually like drugstore brands as they tend to clum quite a bit and with high end mascaras...well, I am yet to be impressed by one, for that kind of money you expect a decent wow factor...and I have tried all of the HG hyped ones (that includes Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Chanel...etc).

Pros: It has a good black color, gives great definition, doesnt clump at all, makes lashes look beautiful.

I like the brush and packaging is pretty.

Con: I have issues with Max Factors ethics (namely their continued testing on animals) and it is the reason why I avoid repurchasing this mascara.

Its a bit more exspensive than most drugstore brands, but it is in the range and for those results it could be considered a bargain....however, the tube contains far less product than it is a usual standard, and as if that wasnt bad enough, it dries super fast...so in effect you would need to repurchase it once a month!