Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 4/20/2011 8:05:00 AM

I just love this mascara. It is the best one I've ever tried out. It lenghtens your eyelashes and curles them nicely too. I've bought this mascara so many times. Everytime I try something different I always end up coming back to this mascara. It is my absolute favorite.

on 4/9/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for quite a while after receiving a sample of it which I liked... I now realize this is my favorite mascara... it is perfect for me, separates and elongates my lashes without clumping! Love it! Will definitely buy again!

on 3/20/2011 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is another one of my staples. In general, I find Max Factor to be my fave brand for mascaras. I've had the False Lash Effect one and that was great too. I get it in 'Rich Black' and it simply works a treat on my rather short, sparse lashes. I can coat every single lash and it never clumps on me. I love the brush as it always looks clean and non-gunky. I do however find it expensive for a drugstore mascara, but it's worth it in my opinion. I occasionally try out other mascaras but always end up coming back to my trusty Masterpiece. Overall it does what it says on the tin, and I'm very happy with it.

on 3/20/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this mascara years ago for my prom and I remember being satisfied by its performance but somehow I have only been buying maybelline mascaras lately. But this one had a discount so why not try again? I just want to say - use it with an eyelash curler... really. HG status here! I hope they won't discontinue it!

this is a good, non-clumping mascara. somewhere in between natural and falsie look. two thumbs up

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was a bit reluctant to buy this because it wasn't much cheaper ($25 AUD) to purchase a higher-end one online, but after reading the reviews on here I decided to buy it and give it a go. I think this is the best mascara I've owned so far, but that being said, I've only ever used a few in my time. I love how black and thick this makes my lashes look (I got this in 'Rich Black'). It gave me that subtle false-lash effect after a couple of coats. Another great thing about this mascara is that when I'm wearing it on my lower lashes it doesn't smudge to under my eye (my biggest peeve!) and it manages to come off with standard make up remover without any trouble. The only negative I find is that it can make my lashes look a little bit too dramatic for work or school (but that may not bother some people) and it can look a little clumpy if you add extra coats - especially on bottom lashes (which I use my MAC studio fix mascara for from now on) This is definitely one of those mascaras I will go back to because it's my favourite over any I've used. I wouldn't repurchase but only because I plan to try out the Masterpiece Max next. If you are contemplating trying this mascara out, I say do it!

on 1/7/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a good mascara if you're looking for natural looking lashes. Nothing extreme here - my HG is still Lancome Hypnose Waterproof.

This lengthens and adds some volume to my lashes, though without much thickening. It thickens my lashes a little bit, frankly probably due to the fact that I used 4 coats or so. Lashes are clean and defined without clumping even so. Not bad though the price for this mascara is on the expensive side if we're talking abt drugstore ones.

Oddly, when I rubbed my eyes, the mascara didn't smudge but flakes only. However, I hv no foundation on my skin at that time. Not sure if this makes any difference.

The consistency of this mascara is just right to work with the brush. Not too wet or not too dry. It's kind of waxy actually.

Being not waterproof, it can be removed easily using water. Also, it's surprising that my curled lashes didn't flatten immediately. Still, this kills the curl slightly. Fyi, the water-washable version of False Lash Effect also made by Max Factor killed the curl immediately and completely. Anyway, I have better luck with waterproof mascaras for curl holding.

Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Waterproof is quite similar though it gives more length without any thickening regardless of how many coats I pile on, at a lower price. Also, the Maybelline one holds the curl for me though this probably has sth to do with waterproof or not - I can't really compare at this point.

I probably will repurchase this one in the waterproof version, or the newer masterpiece max to try.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

if they ever....EVER discontinue this product - i will DIE! honestly.....i will....i feel it.

on 11/18/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this product! I have long eyelashes but they are very straight and I have tried so many mascara's (one's designed to curl etc) and have had no success. This mascara is the only one that makes me look like I have curled my lashes, and it adds thickness to them too! I always buy this mascara, it is the only one that has not let me down, and is a good price too!

on 11/16/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras, hands down, only next to Loreal's Voluminous mascara. I love the formula and the brush is awesome. I am of asian descent so my lashes aren't very thick or long. This does the trick without going overboard or without being clumpy (which is a problem w/ Loreal for me). But one thing though is that unless you already have thick/long eyelashes, this doesn't really add that dramatic difference, but it's still definitely good enough for everyday use. It can get flaky too when it dries, but it's never noticeable unless you're about 6in from the mirror and it's maybe a few specks here and there that are ever visible. Also, stores here in California no longer carry this brand so I always have to ask my mom (who lives in the UK) to send me a replacement, which is the huge and pretty much the only downside for me.

Top Rated Max Factor Products