April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Amistarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product! I have long eyelashes but they are very straight and I have tried so many mascara's (one's designed to curl etc) and have had no success. This mascara is the only one that makes me look like I have curled my lashes, and it adds thickness to them too! I always buy this mascara, it is the only one that has not let me down, and is a good price too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by freelunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras, hands down, only next to Loreal's Voluminous mascara. I love the formula and the brush is awesome. I am of asian descent so my lashes aren't very thick or long. This does the trick without going overboard or without being clumpy (which is a problem w/ Loreal for me). But one thing though is that unless you already have thick/long eyelashes, this doesn't really add that dramatic difference, but it's still definitely good enough for everyday use. It can get flaky too when it dries, but it's never noticeable unless you're about 6in from the mirror and it's maybe a few specks here and there that are ever visible. Also, stores here in California no longer carry this brand so I always have to ask my mom (who lives in the UK) to send me a replacement, which is the huge and pretty much the only downside for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by foreveronline

All the Masterpiece and False Lash Effect series could be perfect for me, but somehow I have an allergie for all Max Factor mascaras: lashes begin to fall out and eyes begin to pinch by the evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mimie

Its a nice mascara but not the best.It is supposed to give great definition but it didn't do such a great job. I wasn't satisfied.It has a nice effect but i'm lookinf for better stuff.
Despite the definition, volume is not included as it says in the presentation but it gives super length.You can tell it does by the brush.Its a tiny thin plastic brush which is ideal for long lushes.If you want length it's pretty good.
Its not expensive but generally i don't like spending even the smallest amount if i don't get what i like.Besides i don't think that a good mascara depends on the price.I wan't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Matils07

This is my go-to fav cheapy mascara. It's great for curling my flat lashes, separating & volumizing - just add more coats. I use this with diorshow blackout for added drama if I'm going out, or just on its own for everyday wear. Only cons is it dries a little stiff/flakey & I just wish it lasted a bit longer (or maybe I just use it too much!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by damyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite drugstore mascara and the best mascara I have tried so far. I do not usually like drugstore brands as they tend to clum quite a bit and with high end mascaras...well, I am yet to be impressed by one, for that kind of money you expect a decent wow factor...and I have tried all of the HG hyped ones (that includes Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Chanel...etc).

Pros: It has a good black color, gives great definition, doesnt clump at all, makes lashes look beautiful.

I like the brush and packaging is pretty.

Con: I have issues with Max Factors ethics (namely their continued testing on animals) and it is the reason why I avoid repurchasing this mascara.

Its a bit more exspensive than most drugstore brands, but it is in the range and for those results it could be considered a bargain....however, the tube contains far less product than it is a usual standard, and as if that wasnt bad enough, it dries super fast...so in effect you would need to repurchase it once a month!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by chloeandsue

I like this mascara. But i wouldnt call it a masterpiece.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by iiiiiiiiii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a drugstore product I find this a great everyday mascara. Since this first came out I think I've bought about six. In between I've tried other drugstore brands but have always come back to this. It's easy to apply, defines and lengthens my lashes - even to the little corner ones and doesn't clump, even when you get to the end. Well worth the very reasonable price tag!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I think it normally retails at 8.99 for a 4.5ml tube which for me is quite expensive. It comes in three colours: Rich Black; Black Brown and Deep Blue. I tried Rich Black.

Apparently this iFX brush that comes with the Masterpiece mascara is designed to "facilitate precision brushwork, delivering superb definition to your lashes, framing your eyes and making them stand out beautifully". Basically it is meant to reach the smaller lashes at the corners of your eyes better.

Masterpiece Mascara comes in a shiny gold tube, which looks quite elegant. I found that just the right amount of mascara was loaded onto the brush and I did not need to wipe any excess off the brush with a tissue before application. The iFX brush does not appear to be curved, and has what looks like rubber flexible spikes all over it in no apparent pattern, which taper towards the tip. I found it was easy to apply the mascara, it went on smoothly, and just as claimed it was easy to get to the smaller lashes at the corners of my eye. I think the brush is good, a definite advantage over other mascara's.

I normally apply 2 coats of this and I quite like the look this mascara gives -- it opens up my eyes without looking too fake. I find that my lashes appeared longer and a little fuller, and do not stick together. I think this mascara also has a curling effect on my lashes. It lasts all day with no flaking. I would definitely last a night out without any problems.

On some occasions of wearing it I have found that my eyes had become quite irritable, and when I looked I could see that the mascara had flaked and crumbled, and that there were little black flakes around my eyes. I find that my eyes are slightly more irritable on days when I wear this mascara than days when I don't.

This mascara is not waterproof, but then it does not claim to be. It also does not state that it is suitable for contact lense wearers. I found it very easy to remove with eye make-up remover, there was no residue left behind.

In conclusion I do like the effect the Masterpiece mascara gives, but it's a bit too expensive for my liking so I won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my everyday mascara and it's great for bringing out your eyelashes. It's not a 'wow' mascara but rather a flattering everyday mascara. If you want a mascara for work or school this is the one.