Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 3/1/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review of Definicils Mascara-regular version, not the WP version and I only mention that because I am a longtime user of Definicils Waterproof Mascara and am going to make many comparisons here. I recently bought the non-WP version because the WP was out of stock & I needed mascara. After using it for over a month now I feel qualified to review it & I must say that it's an above average mascara but it pales in comparison to it's WP sister!

I think this is a very good lengthening mascara but is a very "wet" consistency & can get clumpy & messy. The clumps are the very wet kind which cause smudges. The WP vs is much drier and does not get wet & clumpy. Also, as it is not WP and is a heavy, wet formula it weighs down any curl that I achieve w/ my e/l curler. It is a very dark black, which I love and it does a nice job of darkening my lashes but I would not repurchase. Clumps and I don't get along! Having said that, I still feel this mascara is much better than anything I've ever tried from the DS and w/ some effort at clump-busting, it provides nice, long, dark black lashes. It also removes fairly easily.

Pros: sleek, black packaging, deep rich black color, does a good job lengthening, does not irritate eyes, fairly easy to remove
Cons: expensive, "wet" which can = messy, smudgy & clumpy, does not hold curl.

This mascara was just 'meh' for me. It clumps up a bit, and doesn't give volume. On the good side, it does add length and separate lashes nicely.

I am glad that I got this as a free sample from Sephora. I will not be buying the full-sized tube.

on 2/26/2014 5:35:00 PM

My Mom gave me a sample size of this and it is amazing! It gave me length, volume, and everything in between! I wore this for 10 hours and it did not smudge or flake one bit even though most mascara smudge like crazy for me in 3 hours. Want to repurchase a full size but it's pricey and I want to try more brands. Love, love, love!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great mascara! It's funny.. I bought this mascara about four months back, tried it and hated it. At the time I felt that the formula was to wet & I also hated the brush. It got lost in my huge makeup collection & ended up at the bottom of one of my train cases. So finally this past week, I seen it and said to myself mine as well give it one last shot..and I'm glad I did! It's fabulous now that it's dried slightly(still a wetter formula) But it is the perfect formula now! Doesn't clump, flake, or give me spider lashes. It washes off quite easily, which I love. My HG Tarte's light, camera, lashes takes awhile for me to get off but this is a breeze compared to that one. I actually really like the brush now too. It's the perfect size & a great traditional style brush. This was my first Lancome mascara & now I'm interested in other ones but in the meantime I'm truly loving this one. Will definitely repurchase!

on 2/9/2014 1:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had forgotten about this mascara because I was too busy trying other brands. It's a great mascara and I think it is Lancôme's best.

on 1/18/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this mascara. It gives me length but it skimps on the volume.

on 1/15/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Lengthens my short lashes and doesn't smudge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received a deluxe sample size of this mascara a couple months ago (and it's still going!) with my Sephora order and I fell head over heels in love with this product, so much so that I actually bought the full size. The brush is unique, especially to someone who is accustomed to drugstore mascaras like myself; it goes from thickest at the bottom to thinnest at the tip of the wand. The comb is small enough to catch all your lashes but also provides great volume. I have had no problems with clumping. It provides everything a good mascara should provide; length, volume, can hold a curl fairly well, and no clumping. This is a fantastic product for anyone looking for a high-end mascara or just getting into Lancome.

on 12/17/2013 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have really long lashes and this mascara gives me the fluttery butterfly look. Since my lashes are so long the tops of my lashes leave mascara marks on the top of my eyelids but it's okay with me I just gently wipe it off with my fingers or a q-tip. I have bought this mascara over and over and will continue to have a tube in my makeup arsenal for ever and ever Amen.

on 12/17/2013 8:49:00 PM

I would like to comment on this lovely mascara because it deserves lovely reviews. Definicils is exactly that, it defines your lashes making my lashes thick and voluminous. I have long but stupid lashes that can't be curled, it sort of makes it curled, but you have to know how to use it without a curler to make it happen. I'm Asian and am blessed to have long lashes and this mascara makes me more blessed because it make my eyes bigger and my lashes thick. My mom bought a bunch of Lancome products and I tried this one maybe near the end this summer, it hasn't dried up and I love it, it's by far the best and I recommend this to you! -CT

Popular Mascaras