October 21, 2014 | 1698 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by heartsxdesire

Warning! The first time you open this product and use it, it could get a little messy because alot of the formula is stuck on the brush and it is very easy to smudge it everywhere.

It increases my lashes almost double the length. You have to be really patient with this product and just finding ways to make it work for you when you are applying it. I always apply two coats of it first, then wait for my lashes to harden a bit before proceeding. (Don't over do this process or it will look clumpy) and my lashes will end up double the length.

Alot of my friends always think that I am wearing fake eyelashes when I am not. haha my boyfriend would try to pull them out too because they were just so long.

The only con I have about this product is it is really really hard to come off, so if you accidentally get it on your skin, you have to wipe it off immediately or you will have a really hard time after.

Overall, I really love this line of mascara, ever since i used the majorca line, I have never looked back to my the american or designer brands. Japanese mascara all the way!! :) This also does not give me the panda eye effect like most mascaras do after a long day. so I never have to constantly check on it.

Give it a try!

If you are in the Toronto area, you can find this mascara at pacific mall for $25 CAD dollars. roughly. I bought mine when they had a sale, so i got it for only $20. Quite a steal.

These mascaras last a VERY long time too. I've had mine since summer and it doesnt seem like it's running out yet. so I am extremely pleased :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Hollyannetn

When i first used this product i absolutely hated it..it took layers and layers for the effect i wanted (volume), and its also a pain to take off..i could never take it off completely. But then when i tried this for the second time in asia for some reason i actually LOVED it. it really gives you greaat length but still i think it lacks volume. i usually use false lashes but since i was on vacation i wanted a more natural simple look so i think that goes great with it.
so overall i think this product is alright. depending on what your striving for (length or volume) best length mascara on my opinion but no i definately don't think that it gives a false eyelash effect its not to the point where its that dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by lorac29

HG mascara! I LOVE this product. It lengthens, seperates, holds curl, and DOES NOT smudge AT ALL. When I wear this along with a volumizing mascara, it looks like i'm wearing falsies. It also doesn't hurt that the packaging is adorable.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by yvonnechoo

I complete agree "avapro" 's review, this is a terrible mascara,same as the base. Both doesnt work out on my lash at all. I bought it since i read lots of good review about it, but was very dispointing after i used it. i bought it from ebay, maybe i bought a fake one? anyway, i wont buy any MJ's products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a terrible mascara! I don't know why this did not discontinue this. It irritates my eyes and does nothing for my lashes. Even the pictures prove this. I tried to like this mascara but it just didn't work for me and I finally tossed it. It is relatively expensive, but then again it's a Shisheido product. I only bought this product because of the comb brush, which was the "in" thing to apply your mascara a few years back. Will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Sizbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

'm reviewing this Majolica Majorca Lash Expander mascara which is similar to the Jill Stuart Extra Curl mascara i'm luving. Basically both mascaras works using the same kind comb brush design. And results are quite comparable but Jill Stuart one is easier for removing even though still consider difficult compare to other mascaras.

No clumps but not recommended for too many coats or it would be too thick unless you want dramatic look.

they do curl and hold on them properly and rather lasting.
They are rub proof, waterproof and long lasting.
Their price are quite reasonable compare to the pricey Jill Stuart so if you are a beginner, try majolica majorca as their packaging are really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is supposed to one of the most popular mascaras in Japan right now. Being half Japanese myself and having an obsession with makeup.. I decided I must grab my own.

Majolica Majorca is known for its attractive looking cosmetics and they have always caught my eye. I oredered this product from ebay from another country, for $20 AUD including postage. Excellent deal, I pay the same amount for a mascara in the stores here..

I instantly fell in love with the packaging, it comes in a cute rectangular plastic box with gold decorations. The Japanese are excellent when it comes to presentation. The tube itself is the most prettiest thing I've ever seen. It is rather small for a tube but just looks gorgeous. It is black and gold with a spider web type pattern along with fancy letters spelling out 'Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus' as well as a pretty gold emblem for Majolica Majorca on the top of the tube.

As for the content of the product itself, the brush is quite unique featuring two sides, a straight side and a curved side. The straight side is used first to apply the product on your lashes and the curved side is used for combing your lashes, removing any clumps, for lengthening and applying the nice finishing touches.

The formula contains fibres and they look like very fine small short black shreds, they stick onto the brush and looks fairly weird and at first I doubted if I was able to apply it without it being messy. To my surprised it worked out fine. I noticed the fibres would often stick to the tip of my lashes and gave the effect of long eyelashes, I'm really loving how that works.

I belive that this works quite effectively and I like the finished result. It gives me nice, very defined and long lashes. People complain about the lack of volume with this mascara. The mascara is called Lash Expander and to me that gives the idea of length not volume. I'm pretty sure its a lengthening mascara. Majolica Majolica has another mascara that provides volume, the Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara. I look for length in mascaras so this one is perfect for me. If you want volume and length, I think you could possibly try applying both mascaras on top of each other.

The mascara stays on my lashes all day without flaking and it does not smudge at all. It is a very black colour and darkens your lashes quite considerably and I really really like how dark it makes my lashes look. This mascara also does not clump at all, well it does on first application but then that's why they have the comb side. After using the comb I have lovely clump free lashes. If you curl your lashes it also holds your curl exceptionally well.

Another thing I noticed, this mascara does not make my lashes extremely stiff and hard. It feels alot softer compared to other mascaras I tried. It's not super soft of course, it's still mascara but in comparison to other mascaras it feels quite nice on the lashes.

I would give this 4.5/5 rating however it does not allow me to do so. What prevents me from giving this product a 5/5 rating is the fact that it is really difficult to remove. It is not impossible to remove, it just takes alot of time and care to remove it properly. You need to use a good eye makeup remover and work carefully to remove the mascara, if your not careful you could end up losing lashes.

It usually takes me a little bit of eye makeup remover on one cotton ball to remove my eye makeup, with Lash Expander I need two cotton balls soaked in makeup remover.

I don't find this too bothersome, just means you need to use more care when removing it. On the plus side you know it isn't going to wear off throughout the day and water and sweat most likely won't make your mascara smudge much. Because it is hard to remove... if you get mascara on your lids when applying it.. you need to use your finger immediately to rub it off because if you leave it too long you won't be able to remove it without makeup remover.

The brush is shaped nicely to fit asian eyes so I rarely have a problem with getting it on my eyelids and the brush is suited to get all your lashes and is easy to control so you shouldn't have a common problem with painting your lids.

Overall I thought this was an excellent product, although hard to remove and I do believe it is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried along with Maybelline's Full N Soft Mascara. So it's definitely a favourite and I will continue to buy it when the tube runs out. This is an excellent mascara for definition and lengthening and it holds curl really well. Definitely recommended! Plus it has very pretty packaging. If you want volume, go for the other Majolica Majorca mascara.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by smile521

At first I loved this mascara, as it does not smudge and it also created nice shiny long lashes.

However, after awhile I realize this mascara does smudges a bit after a long day out, and it's a pain to remove. (Make sure you have a very good makeup remover).

Overall, I still like it a lot, as it does add dramatic length, and stays put during most of the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by iris621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great mascara. I have really oily eyes and most mascaras I've tried tends to smudge throughout the day, however this mascara can last all day without smudging. It also does a great job in lengthening your lashes. And it's so cheap! Great value. However, this product can be hard to take off

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by kellilin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the best mascara ever!!
long full lashes..no clumping..no smudging...very dramatic and looks like you have naturally long beautiful lashes.
one thing though is that its realllyyy difficult to remove...and if you don't remove it your lashes will die. :(

but otherwise GREAT STUFF!