July 25, 2014 | 1493 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

UGH. Seriously after hearing so many good things about this I was so excited to try it. I got the little pot and the matching Bobbi Brown brush. To be fair, I have never used any other gel eyeliner so I can't tell you how it compares to anything else, but I do wear liquid eyeliner on a daily basis so I do feel qualified to tell you how much this is lacking in comparison to pretty much anything else I've used for the same effect.

Basically, I found this dry, flaky and it after a month or so of wearing I got a stye in my eyelid (so really the trifecta of terrible eye makeup, right?) I don't have a naturally greasy eyelid so perhaps the formula of this was too strong, or maybe I just got a bad pot or something. I would put it on in the morning and it would look decent (though it was difficult to apply smoothly, I blame that on both the dry formula and the brush, but that's a review for a different time) but after a couple hours at work it all flaked off and turned a worn, grayish color. Like I said, I've previously only used liquid eyeliners and not gels, but I can't believe that this is supposed to happen, especially from a product marketed as 'long wear'. I tried to like it, I really did, but ultimately the only thing I liked about this product was the application itself, using the brush etc. but that's not a compliment to the particular product, just to the gel genre in particular. This product was so awful, however, that it sent me running straight back to pen-type applications. Never going gel again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by helloitsme93

I have monolids so it is very rare for an eyeliner to not smudge on me. It smudges enough for me not to buy it again but this is the best pot eyeliner I have tried so far. I want to try the mac next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Inken my sticken eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by awoooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this because it had such great reviews and all I can say is, yes it may last long but it smudges madly and you end up looking like a panda.

I normally use liquid eye liners because pencil somehow seem to smudge after 4~5 hours and I look like a panda. However I really like the softer look of pencil so I thought maybe gel might do the trick....

I dont like putting on hours of make up and layering my eye area with primers and powder etc to prevent smudging. I dont have time to do all that in the morning. I just want an eyeliner that I can put on after moisturiser and stay that way. I'm so sick of liquid eye liner but I think I'll stick to it for now because it never smudges :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner trumps all. The color stays "black" much longer than MAC's fluidline. The package also lasts longer than MAC. Not sure about everyone else, but Bobbi Brown also applies much smoother than MAC.

In short, it as the applicability of Loreal HIP gel liner, but the non flakiness of MAC. I use the 209 brush when applying. Another trick that I learned when I was getting my trial done (maybe it's not a trick and I'm just late), but when you are applying, you could simply face the container downwards to decrease exposure to drying out if you're too lazy to screw the cap back on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shi000

Take my review with a grain of salt, as this is only the second gel eyeliner I've ever used.

Creamy consistency, and good staying power! I have really oily lids, and never use primer like I should, but the liner only smudges slightly. The color is great as well. Very dark and bold.

The only issue I have is that it dries pretty quickly. This would probably not be a problem for most people, but I never draw my eyeliner on evenly, and always have to fix mistakes. (It's harder to fix after it dries).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

BB gel liner is my HG liner. It's long lasting, doesn't dry out and applies smoothly. I have Espresso, Caviar Ink and just bought Black Ink. Beautiful rich black and perfect for a cat eye. Love that it dries to a matte black.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. The only gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me when I tightline. Its a bit drier than other gel liners though and it isn't as black, but the staying power makes it all worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed to replace my MAC gel eyeliner in Blacktrack and couldnt get to a MAC counter so I tried this, instead. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I think its better than MAC by far. First of all, the color is still very BLACK but in a more mature, sexy, kind of way and less like a harsh drag queen MAC kind of way. I can even make a thick line without looking like I'm impersonating an Egyptian. This gives me a sexy cat eye but yet mature and demure. The quality is very high end and it doesnt wipe off or get runny. Im looking forward to graduating to Bobbie Brown products, for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by agigitygoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very pigmented but smudge like crazy, even on my waterline :/ and when it dried i revive it with some hydrating eye drop, it still smudge, but i find that the eye drop make it last longer, so u could try that method. I tink this eyeliner would be good with dry eyelids :>