Nature's Gate Oh What a Night

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Fagus Sylvatica (Beech Tree) Bud Extract, Rosa Gallica (French Rose) Flower Extract*, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract*, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Biotin, Thioctic Acid, Lecithin, Soy Isoflavones, Bisabolol, Stearic Acid, Myristyl Myristate, Myristyl Laurate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 80, Mannitol, Carbomer, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Caramel, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. * Certified Organic Plant

on 12/28/2009 2:20:00 AM

I love this moisturizer!!

I have breakout prone skin w/ dry spots and am always looing for night cream that is rich enough to heal my skin after a day of makeup torture and exposure to the elements, but doesnt clog my pores. Well, this is it! This cream heals my flaky skin and creates a hydrating barrier all through the night. It also appears very matte on my skin- so it stays on my skin and not on my pillow, plus no more going to bed w/ my super shiny vaseline face and freaking out the hubby!! Best of all, I've had absolutely no breakouts from this, very rare for me coming from a night cream. I can even apply this over my benzol peroxide and it doesnt interfere w/ it. The smell is very light and yummy too- thats the walnuts!

It comes in a jar, but also has a little scraper/ spoon thing that you can use to take some product out and put on the back of your hand and apply from there, so you dont have to worry about bacteria. (to be honest though, I dont use this and havent had any issues as some organic creams might) Compared to other drugstore moisturizers its a bit pricey (about $23 at CVS), but seems to last as a little goes a long way. And thats only because this product is natural and organic. I always love when I can trade in a chemical laden product for a natural one that works just as good- or even better. Definitely a repurchase regardless, I'm on my 3rd bottle yet!

on 12/10/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful find indeed. I am in love with this product, it is organic, paraben and synthetics free. I was in my local organic store (we only have one) and decided to try some night time natural moisturizers. I used 6 different ones on my inner arm using the testers. I walked around the store for 15 minutes to let the moisturizers set in. Then I glided my finger across my inner arm and was shocked at how smooth and soft one section felt in comparison to the others. It was like trying to compare silk to wool, it was clear which felt the nicest on my skin. Without a second thought I picked up the clear winner to my in-store mini test. Nature's Gate Oh What a Night.

My Skin Type: (adult) acne prone skin. Sensitive (very few products work affectively on my skin), and combination (oily t-zone, normal everywhere else). In the Summer my skin is fine for moisture, but for winter I do tend to get dry and sometimes I get flaky too.

PROS: (1) pleasant packaging, a lovely glass pot that comes with a scoop to get product out of the jar without contaminating it. (2) luxurious velvet feel on the skin. (3) sinks in perfectly without leaving residue, oiliness, or any 'barrier of moisture' over your skin. (4) Got rid of dry patches, even reduced some of my fine lines. It makes my complexion glow and my skin feels unbelievably smooth and soft after use. Furthermore, it even healed acne and any irritation my skin was feeling. The results are real because I don't need to use it every night to maintain them. I use it 3-4 times a week. (4) smells like nuts and flowers, it's pleasant I can't help but picture a spa in the swiss alps when I use this! The scent will fade away too, so don't worry if the smell might be a problem. It smells natural not synthetic.

CONS: absolutely none! This is the first moisturizer I have ever used to have no flaws.

I've used this product for about 6 weeks to date. I am so impressed with it, there is no doubt in my mind the search for the perfect moisturizer has ended for me. It met all my high expectations and then some. This will always be in my bathroom and will be my number one recommendation. I've tried them all, this, without a doubt, is the best skin care has to offer.

To Use: I spritz my skin with organic rose water to prep my skin after washing. Than, I scoop a small, pea size amount from the little glass pot and dap on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. I gently massage in a upward circular motion over my face, and put the excess on my neck. The next day, without fail, I wake up to clearer, softer glowing skin.
Happy Shopping!

on 11/29/2009 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this for a week now and love it so far. Light, cool texture, but surprisingly moisturizing. Gives skin a silky feel. Love that it's organic and paraben-free. I like the slightly walnut-y smell, too!

on 11/18/2009 10:32:00 AM

I bought this cream because of the great reviews on this website. I had been using it maybe once a week during the day and was disappointed i did not see any miraculous results. One week on a whim i used it for a few consecutive nights, and i really used a LOT with each application. Not really expecting any changes i woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and was astounded with what i saw! My skin was visibly clearer, smoother, and just looked all around healthier. So i guess you have to use a lot of it, use it at night, and also don't stop using it to see results. But really the results are worth it. Also if you buy it at harmons discount, its only $13, as compared to elsewhere which can be up to $29.

on 10/29/2009 5:28:00 PM

A fantastic night moisturiser that blends into your skin and doesn't leave your skin with any oily residue after you put it on. I have combination skin with flaky areas and this just clears this up and mekes my skin look so smooth and glowing. I've only been using this for a week and I already get so many compliments that my skin looks good. for some reason it makes my skin less oily and really calms your skin. I really like this brand, their shampoos are also great.

on 10/10/2009 10:15:00 AM

i have used this just 2 nights..and im beginning to love it!!!...its really smooth and for my combination skin..its very soothing...and best of all its organic and natural!!! definately my HG>..i love it..and the spatula that comes with it..is soo helpful so that i dont have to dig in my finegrs all the time..i dont like the smell that much but i wouldnt mind bearing it for how good it is to my skin and hey what can u expect from a organic natural moisturiser....the ones out there that smell good have all those bad chemicals..to make it smell good in the first place....definately my HG...i would like to try the day cream once my clinique anti-blemish runs out!

I love love love this product.

Pros:
- Feels great on the skin. I'm a huge texture kind of person, so I don't like it when I apply lotion and it's runny, or too oily or, etc. But it's not too oily and not to dry. I love the creaminess and it just goes right into your skin without feeling burdensome
- Smells great (like almost nothing). I hate products with heavy heavy smells, even if they smell like sweet like fruit. This one smells kind of walnutty maybe? But it really smells neutral.
- Relatively cheap. I think I got mine for $20-26, which I think is reasonable given how much I like it, and I think the cream lasts a while
- The packaging is nice. They give you this little scoop so that you can scoop it out of the jar without having to always dip your fingers in.
- It's organic! At least I think it is... Organic or natural - either or, I love it. I am a big organic product person, and this hits a home run!

Cons:
- Honestly.. Can't think of any! I'd buy it again.

on 7/11/2009 10:52:00 PM

Absolutely adore this moisturizer! Great packaging, good price. All- natural. I've been using this line of products for approximately 3 weeks. The results are as good, if not better than, Philosophy!

on 5/30/2009 12:08:00 AM

ver nice and light texture. goes on easily and my skin feels great afterwards.
however, two days into using it, i got four whiteheads on the same morning (which I don't usually get). i'm going to take a break from it and try it again later.

on 5/9/2009 2:19:00 PM

Great moisturizer with an ideal consistency-doesn't irritate my sensitive/acne prone skin, but does provide a lot of moisture. Love it!