October 25, 2014 | 1626 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by stephintampa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder and purchased it based on reviews here. I was using the Makeup Forever and liked it but wanted something a little friendlier to the wallet. While this is different, it is as good if not better. It is finely milled, no talk, leaves my skin looking flawless. Lasts well through the day. I have zero complaints and will be rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful powder!!!! I have used this for many years to set my Lancome, Prescriptives, MAC, MUFE and Revlon fndts, and no matter what other product I try, this one never fails!! Never ever cakes up, and truly look luminous!! Very smooth and soft finish, leaving me seemingly pore-less!! Feels super light too! Really holds up to the Fl humidity and does not streak in the elements. The price is not bad. I would recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. It makes it look like I'm not wearing any makeup at all, totally perfect. I use the Translucent shade because I'm so pale, and it matches perfectly (which is a little sad!). I use it over the Hard Candy Sheer Envy tinted moisturizer, and it looks amazing. Lasts all day! The only problem is that the packaging allows the contents to spill everywhere inside the cap, so I have to be careful when opening it, lest the powder fly everywhere. Overall, awesome! HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by merryj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Without a doubt, this is the BEST powder I've ever used. It's never chalky or cakey. It just gives a very smooth finish. I will continue to purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by icanfly

I have used this powder for almost a year and will continue to buy it unless I find a better one. This powder does a good job of setting makeup and keeping it in place all day. It does not accentuate any dry spots or make me look older. It also keeps my t-zone from getting shiny. This powder is definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got them for BOGO at Kmart for $14.00. Great powder for setting foundations and it is very sheer. I always try different brand products so I will not buy this one again. The two containers I got this time will last for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by TheTruthFairy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG powder. I hate other powders because they make my face look matte. But I needed something to help set my makeup. This powder is so fantastic that I will purchase it as long as they keep making it. Works great to set makeup in place and still manages to let my skin show through and look "luminous".

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

This is a great loose powder. It's talc free, yea! Sets foundation beautifully and is finely milled and very silky soft. Doesn't look cakey at all. Great DS find...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

amazing to set foundation and even to use as a oil-control powder. the packaging is messy though so i dont recommend you carrying it. great stuff though, and it's cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I purchased this for days when I just want light coverage without using liquid foundation. I have only used it a couple times, but so far I like it. It is not too mattifying. I have also used it to set the L'Oreal Visible Lift liquid foundation and I like the result. I got mine at Walgreens in a buy-1-get-1 bargain, so I don't mind the price at all. For days when I want more coverage or will be in photos, I opt for Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and set it with Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder. For every day use, I think this Translucide loose powder gets the job done. I also like the color match (medium). The packaging works too, even though it is not fancy. I don't expect packaging to be fancy, as long as the product works. To minimize spillage, I covered the sifter with tape, leaving only a couple holes open. I travel a lot, so this helps decrease the mess. I will update this review if this product breaks me out.