November 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by colorfulartistry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product, I tried Bare Escentuals and it made my face feel caked up and dry. It dried my skin out horribly, so while I liked the "air brushed" look it was suffocating my skin.

When I saw this product I was skeptical about trying another mineral make up but am glad I did! This make up is cheaper and nicer than Bare Escentuals, where my skin could not breath with BE, this make up felt light and gave me the air brushed look.

I have eczema on my cheeks, and where BE made that much worse this product doesn't cause me any issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't like it. ,.. it's a thicker-heavier powder, looks too cakey with foundation. I guess it is meant to be used alone?? i prefer a lighter powder. i bought it for $10 CAD. i am the biggest fan of this brand but this is my least fav prodcut by them. wont buy again. The packaging sucks , always a mess . I realized this was breaking me out severely

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jackchi24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder felt good on my skin and didn't seem to cause more breakouts, but unfortunately all of the colors are too dark for me and look too orangey on me. I first bought light and used it for a few days, but realized it was too dark. I went to a few stores looking for the ivory shade and was excited when I finally found it, but it turns out its basically the same as light and was too dark and orangey too. I don't think this brand works well for people with fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this over my Missha bb cream and find that it does a great job at providing extra coverage and minimizing any shine. It's goes on smooth and blends well. Not cakey like many other drugstore powders. Whenever I feel like I've gone a little overboard on bronzer or blush (easy to do when your skin is nearly transparent like mine), I just use a little powder and everything looks more natural. Taking a lippie off just for the bulky packaging and pointless brush but a good product. I apply it with my Jane Iredale Handi brush for lighter coverage or my Bare Escentuals heavenly brush for higher coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing various mineral foundations for about 8 years and this one keeps up with the big brand name powders, It feels light on the skin and has a nice satin finish. The packaging sucks so I transferred the powder to an empty sifter container I had left over like the bare minerals containers. I also threw out the brush and I use other brushes I have on hand depending on the coverage I feel like I need that day. the color I bought last time matched my summer tan perfectly but looked a little orange in the winter so I mixed in a little translucent finishing powder I had on hand to lighten it up a bit and it works great. I might try out the compact next time to reduce the messiness of application but I will definitely be purchasing this brand again.

UPDATE 5/4/13: I've been playing around with BB creams since I wrote this and now decided to go back to powder for the humidity of summer. I recently purchased bare minerals again because I did like it before and it is "the best." I also thought this color was too dark for me so I purchased a lighter shade than I had used before but it's almost too light and washes me out, maybe I should have gone a tad warmer. I started mixing my new bare minerals with this and love it again, and I forgot it's spf 30 instead of 15. I think I'll probably go back to this for summer because the finish is really nice. I've also been using the little brush to really buff the product in to cover my pores. I do my whole face with a light cover foundation brush and then use the little brush it comes with to buff my nose and cheeks in tiny circles. It makes my pores disappear. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by kquann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the pressed powder because i didn't want to deal with the mess that comes along with the loose powder packaging. I love this product and I use it everyday. I love mineral foundation because it is natural looking and feeling. It doesn't even feel like I have anything on my face. Also, I don't have to spend extra money on facial wipes because you can just use your facial cleanser and it washes right off. The packaging is okay and comes with a brush at the bottom of it, which from reviews, no one uses. The price is okay, i got mine on sale for $13, regular priced $18. (in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LokisMom

I actually started using the pressed powder in 'Creamy Natural' but when I went to Shoppers Drug Mart, they only had my shade in this loose powder. It comes with a little brush, which I thought was stupid for the amount of powder that comes out in the sifter. Although, later I found it to be a great little brush to 'buff' the powder in. Ex: After I apply liquid foundation, I use a big powder brush to dab powder on main areas of face, then I use the little brush to buff it in all over. It sets really well without looking 'powdery'.

This powder is real nice even over a moisturizer or bbcream too. Especially if you have clear skin and you want minimal coverage. It has never broke me out either!

The packaging is on the bulky side and I find that the sifter allows too much powder on top, so it's easy to get too much at a time if you're not careful.

I consider this to be a 'High end' drugstore product, but worth it if you have sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

Also PF doesn't test on animals unlike a lot of other drugstore brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by MacLips123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this powder it was my first time using this & i happen to be at walmart & they didnt sell the powder i usaully use witch is the true match neutrogena so i juss picked up this powder it doesnt come in many shades i just had got the ( medium ) the bad about this the dust that comes out when you open the package i hated the brush but i was kinda iffy about the color when i had put this on my face it felt like nothing was on it blends in VERRY well w/ my face . I love it & gives me just enough coverage :) May think about re-purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by kenziesport15

Not positive about the shades as I bought the wrong one, but this product really works in making your face look poreless, smooth, and not as cakey. A great powder, will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

This has a very slight shimmer to it depending on which loose powder in their Talc free that you buy so I use it as a hi-light vs an all over powder. Now if I'm wanting to look more "dewy" I'll use it all over but I'll use a very small amount. Less is more!

All in all I like this but use it sparingly! It will make a mess or go on too thick if you don't pay attention to your surroundings/application.

Use a bigger fluffy brush and all if well for all over application :)