Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 10/31/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The most intense mud mask you will ever use!! It leaves my skin incredibly soft and shrinks any breakouts that I have at the time. I use it with apple cider, like the packaging says, and leave it on for about 20 mins. It can be a bit painful and itchy once the mud starts to dry on your face because it begins to tighten, and your face might also be red after using this but just apply a good moisturizer and after a few minutes it will go away. Also as a tip for washing this mask off, make sure you do not start rubbing it off right away. You'll want to re-moisten the mud and then rub it off. Another GREAT thing, a little goes a very long way, you'll have mud masks for months, even with the smallest container they sell.

on 10/28/2014 9:19:00 AM

I discovered this Secret thanks to MA reviews, popped in in the "Latest Reviews" awhile back.

Good golly Miss Molly. Another WIN in my skincare regimen.

I've been using it with a combination of the ACV (apple cider vinegar, I hadn't a clue what people were referring to when I read that) and a touch of water.

Simply wonderful.

I have no objections to paying a lot for products, I'm vain and love looking good, but I've been weening myself from all the chemicals -- or many of them.

This is a stellar mask, not a second rate substitute. Leaves my skin glowing, firm, and stimulated (rosy and full of good circulation).

Absolutely love it. Thanks MUA members for turning me onto it.

(And the price, ridiculously cheap. I got a HUGE jug of it and a measuring spoon/brush kit at the big A retailer for almost nothing.)

on 10/20/2014 7:44:00 PM

This is a great mask, I like how you can feel it pulsating as it dries! I don't use it often though, only once every couple weeks. My skin feels very clean afterwards but since it get a little pinkish once its rinsed off...I get the feeling it MIGHT be a bit too strong to use frequently.

on 10/19/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm blessed with clear, normal/combination skin but gave this a try because it has a 4.5 rating and is $5 and I'm a MUAer with a pulse. I've had this jar for what must be 5 years now and have used it off and on with ACV or distilled water and for varying amounts of time. I really wanted to like it.

"It's just purging!" I tell myself as I inspect my crimson face after the mask is off, noticing the several new little bumps on my cheeks. Next comes the obsessive use of this mask every night for the next two weeks to rectify my now unclear skin. But that never happens. The pimples don't budge, and new ones continue to spring up. By day 14, I'm exhausted, I can't smell anything apple flavored without dry heaving, and I appear to have been afflicted with an unfortunate case of adult acne. I've gone through this 10+ times over the years and the story has never deviated.

Then why two stars instead of one? It does a decent job and minimizing the pores in my nose. It never gave me irreparable facial burns (yay!). But it's a low-grade nightmare when applied to my forehead, chin, and cheeks, and it's ineffective as a spot treatment. It probably works great on some skin types, but if you're just looking to improve your already good skin, don't bother.

on 10/17/2014 12:55:00 PM

I am rating this a 3 star because I have been using it for 2 weeks now, for about 3-4 days a week regularly. I haven't seen any significantly visible difference. I don't have an acne-prone skin but I do have some allergic rashes and some dark spots left behind by a pimple or two. I heard quite a lot about this clay so I started using it. I a not sure how fast I am supposed to get results that's why the 3 stars.
It did not have any negative reaction on my face so thats a good thing. I use 1 teaspoon clay with a 1/2 teaspoon of ACV and some water.
I do get some redness and irritation on my skin after washing it off which later goes away. However it clears out my face very well. So I am satisfied there.

Would be helpful to know how long till I get some visible result on those rashes and dark spots!

on 10/16/2014 5:57:00 PM

This product must be too harsh for me. Whenever I apply it to a red pimple, it makes it much worse. I suspect it breaks my follicular wall because of it's powerful pulling mechanism, further exacerbating my break outs. On small, skin colored bumps, it does nothing. I intended to use it as a body detox, but the chance of it solidifying in my intestines due to lack of excess water was not something I wanted to take. In the midst of this review, I decided to apply it to my skin like a powder just to see. It soaked up the excess oil, didn't leave any greenness, now I will wait and see if it solidifies at all and dries up. If it doesn't perhaps it will make a great "translucent" powder for... the rest of my life considering I have a pound of it.

on 10/5/2014 4:09:00 PM

I have loved this! Ever since I read the review on http://manscapeking.com/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay/

I knew I had to get this clay!

on 10/4/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have acne-prone skin and heard about this online so I picked it up at Whole Foods for around $5 for a pretty decent sized tub about seven months ago. I only use a spoon full of the clay and a few splashes of organic apple cider vinegar and it's a super cheap (and effective) mask! A little goes a pretty long way.
The tightening/pulsing effect on your face is crazy! It feels super weird and some people might not like it or it might hurt too badly for them. Beware people with sensitive skin- I would definitely patch test this just in case because it's pretty strong.
After I wash it off my face is red for about thirty minutes after which is weird but I haven't noticed any damage to my skin, just really nice results the next day. I find that the next morning my skin looks really lovely and glowy and my blemishes have shrunk down decently. I wouldn't use this many times in a week though.
Another thing is comparing it to the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment. To me, $65 or whatever is just ridiculous for that amount of product. I bought it thinking it would be a miracle worker, but I definitely prefer the Aztec Clay not only for the price but for the efficacy as well. I find myself using this over the GlamGlow and I'm happier with the results.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this stuff for years and I love it! I use it about once a week and my skin feels totally detoxed and tight and new. It is a little drying though so you can't use it all the time, once a week is perfect for me but I have oilier skin, for other people once every two weeks might be better.

on 10/4/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Omg, I absolutely love this stuff. It makes your skin glow. After you remove your mask, your skin should be red. It goes away in 30 minutes though. But mixing this with herbs, and oils is endless. Maintains my breakout problem but I'm not completely clear from acne. Probably because I'm still going through puberty. But without this I would be screwed.

Popular Masks