October 21, 2014 | 2078 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Maelor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing. I have extremely oily skin and have suffered from the throes of acne for nearly eleven years. This clay I try to use every night mixing it with water. I attempted the mixture with apple cider vinegar but for some reason it really irritates my skin. Water works just fine for my pale sensitive skin. I do not moisturize afterwards since I am an oil slick but honestly I believe moisturization is very important for those with less oily skin. Coconut oil is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this back in January, used it with water and didn't like it so I kind of ignored it. Then about two weeks ago I went on a vacation and used spray on sunscreen on my face. Bad bad bad. I had never had a break out as bad as this. My forehead, my cheeks and my my upper lip were covered in cycts. Not pimples but cycts. Three days later I came home and researched this mask only to find out that you're supposed to use it with avc. So I did and after one use, the next morning the cysts had shrunk. Did the mask two more times and my face is clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't really expand on what others have said here. All I can say is, try it. With biweekly use it has decreased my breakouts and has made my skin brighter and smoother. You can add whatever you'd like and it's completely natural, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by BreahPickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this clay mask, and I love love love that it's not pre mixed, because I can add what I want to it.
I usually start by washing my face with Lush's Dark Angels scrub (which is my holy grail product, honestly) Then I mix up some ACV and then the clay powder. I don't measure, just mix everything up until it's a creamy, smooth consistency. I'll leave it on my face for 15-20 minutes.
DON'T FALL ASLEEP WITH THIS ON YOUR FACE. Oh God, don't do it.
I made that mistake. I got home after a 12 hour shift (I'm in the military) and slathered this on my face and went to "lie down for 20 minutes" Yeah right. I put the mask on at 9pm and woke up at 1am. It was so damn tight. I wanted to cry, it hurt so bad. The warm water hardly loosened up the clay - I had red, patchy spots on my face all night. I rubbed aloe on my face that night and woke up for work a few hours later, and they were gone.

Despite my foolishness, this is an awesome product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by O0oantoniao0O

Brilliant. I do the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) using hemp-seed oil, and when I do the clay mask beforehand, I get so, so much more out with the oil afterwards. It really does draw things to the surface - if you can't see them, the OCM will draw them out for you.

Before I do the clay mask, I wash with raw honey and bottled water.

I mix 1 tbsp of clay with 1 tbsp of 50/50 ACV and rosewater. I slap it on thick, and leave it on for 30 mins. Only the edges of the mask are dry, and that's where I get the redness.

I flake the mask off into a piece of kitchen paper and throw it away, having read others' horror-stories of blocked plumbing from washing it down the sink. It's like removing Blu-Tack from a wall, or building a snowman: if you can make a little ball with the first chunk of clay you remove, keep rolling the ball over your face to remove most of the mask. Then rinse. Don't dry.

I spend 10-20 minutes massaging with hemp-seed oil and can feel a ton of pore clogs coming out. (This really is the most effective pore-clearing method I've ever done. Really woody, stubborn old pores are finally empty and soft after years of looking like open mines.)

I wet two sheets of kitchen paper with very hot water, and wipe off the oil.

I finish with a quick tone-up of 50/50 ACV and rosewater, and I'm left with perfect skin, just perfect.

A friend of mine goes in for very very expensive facials in fancy salons - only the best - and has a cosmetics bag full to bursting with pricey products. She peered at my face the last time I saw her and exclaimed, "You look GOOD." And my partner, who never notices anything, told me my skin was looking great the other day. No one's ever told me my skin looks great before.

Wish I'd discovered this regime years ago! I used to spend tons on glycolic products and expensive PTR stuff, and they're nowhere near as good as this bundle of things you can buy from a health-food shop.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEEE This mask. Its hard to use at first, but through some trial and error, I have figured out what works best for me.

MIXING
The first time I used this, it was a clumpy mess and I was pissed. I saw someone comment on YT that if you put the liquid in the bowl first, gently add the powder, let it sit for 10 min, you have the perfect consistency. Whoever that was is a genius, because thats exactly right! I use 1 TBS of water and 1 TBS of ACV, put it in my bow and add 1 TBS of powder. While that sits, I take my makeup off and get my face ready for the mask. By the time im done, I have the perfect creamy mixture.

APPLICATION
I use an old flat foundation brush for this step. It helps you layer it on (like it says to do) and keeps the stuff off your fingers.

TIME
I keep mine on for 30 min when I have time. 15-20 when I have other things to do. I actually like the pulsing feeling. This mask gets tighter than any mask you have ever tried in your life, so be prepared!

REMOVAL
Before I figured out how do to this, I would be scrapping my skin off at the skin forever or be in the shower trying to force this stuff off my skin. Not going to lie, this thing is literally a pain to take off. BUT I discovered a great way to alleviate this. When the mask is done, take a hot wash cloth and put it on your face for 30 seconds. Then, if you have a Clarisonic, put it on the highest setting and use it to break up the mask. it makes taking it off way less painful and a lot less messy.

AFTERCARE
I use diluted ACV to tone my face after the mask is off, and then I triple up on coconut oil as a moisturizer. Its really important to super slather your skin in a moisturizer after you use this mask or your face might fall off. Yes my face was red like a beet after like everyone elses, but I always do this before bed, and in the morning the redness is gone.

RESULTS
My pores are practically invisible, my acne has cleared up, and my dark spots are rapidly fading. Really do some research and give yourself some time to use this. Its the best mask money can buy!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favourite cleansing mask.
When I first bought it I only mixed it with water, but it would never become smooth and always clumped so it was impossible to spread it evenly over my face. After a few failed attempts, I just gave up.
Recently I added a bit of yogurt to the mixture and lo and behold, it became a lot smoother and now its very easy to apply and the clumps are a lot smaller and don't bother me nearly as much.
Anyway, I've been using it every day for 2 weeks and then went down to every other day.
I never keep it on until it dries because that causes a lot of redness and irritation.
Instead, I wait for it to start to become tighter and rinse of after 10, max. 15 minutes. That way there is no redness, but my face is still clearer and smoother.

I have noticed that I get a lot less comedones, my pores are a bit tighter and the texture of my skin is definitely smoother and more even. I am very happy with how my skin looks now.
I haven't had any problems with dryness.

Definitely recommended if you suffer from congested skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by ENG100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are many reasons to why we break out; can be cause of an unhealthy diet, stress, etc...
But this product is not a quick fix, merely a long term use to help, and reduce ache. Healthy skin doesn't come over night, and yes we all get fustrated from not seeing quick results... However, this product is effective if you keep using it, and it has to be a routine not just once out of the month or once every two weeks!!! I use it twice a week before I go to bed because it helps me relax, besides you can't move your face you have to let your face relax while it is drying. Usually take about 30-45 minutes to dry depending on how thick of a layer you put on your face. Rinsing is a bit of a mess and fairly tough to remove from the face, but it worth the effort if your wanting that clear healthy skin on your face (It does make your face red, but your skin will calm after 15 minutes or so). Afterwards I apply Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil to help moisturize my face and go to bed... I wake and my skin is clearer and smoother!!
It is 100% Natural with no harmful chemicals, and it is doesn't remove blackheads or white heads after one use of the product, but it does over time reduce ache and giving you a smoother and clearer face. We all have own opinions, but I definitely would recommend it!! Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is what I use to mix... also have a teaspoon of (AVC) with water because it helps internal and it does external...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by aryana408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I few moths ago my sister asked me to do this mask with her, so I did and let me tell you it worked great. I left it on for about 40 minutes, until its was pretty much all bry and i couldn't move my face at all. I could feel the mask pulling out all of the dirt and grime in my skin andc it really does pulsate! You could feel a little tingle and I dont find it very hard to take off. I just rinse it off in the shower before using my face wash. The only bad thing I can say about this is that it smells bad, (but once its on you you can't really tell) and that once you take it off IT DOES LEAVE YOUR FACE RED!! I have light skin so once I take it off it is really really red like a tomato. Over all I really liked it so the other day after bugging and bugging my sister baught me my own jar to take to my dads house. I would definitly recommend to others and when I run out I will buy more for sure!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ShalaStar

By far, the best mask I've ever used. I'm in my late twenties and I have battled horrible acne on/off since I was 16 years old. I have found this Healing mask to be very beneficial to my acne-prone skin. When used properly (mix with the Bragg's ACV) and leave it on for 45 minutes. The mask should be completely dry before you remove it. Also, 45 minutes gives the mask enough time to really pull out all the yucky stuff. Your face will be lobster red after you remove this mask so don't freak out, but make sure you use this mask before bedtime. You may add some raw unfiltered honey (not too much or the mask will never fully dry) to your mixture if you need more moisture. This mask is drying so always make sure to use a good and heavy moisturizer afterwards. Here is my routine when I use the Aztec mask: Remove all makeup using Coconut oil then wipe off thoroughly with very warm water and a washcloth. Remember to be gentle! Cleanse with Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser (love!) and my Clarisonic. Spritz on some Rose water, and apply coconut oil to lips and eye area. Steam face (I'm easy and just boil some water and toss a towel over my head for 15 mintutes). It feels like forever, but it's very beneficial. Splash with some cool water, pat face dry, and apply the mask (finally!) Afterwards, I rinse it off (be gentle and patient!) Spritz with rose water, coconut oil around eyes and on lips, apply my vitamin c serum, Alpha Hydrox Retinol, and Cerave moisturizing lotion. My skin is glowing in the morning! I may add that breakouts are a possibility so don't freak out, stuck with it and spot treat with this mask! It will heal much faster this way. Good luck!