April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This feels great massaged into the face. The milk from the oats is so soothing and the oats provide a nice scub. I haven't used this long enough to see an effect on my break outs, but my skin feels super soft directly after.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sugarluv91

Really do enjoy using this as a face wash.. but it doesn't keep pimples/breakouts away..
I blend it in a coffee grinder with some brown sugar and veranda tea leaves.. thn I will put half a tsp in a bowl and put a lil bit of water in it to soften it. Then using the silicone brush (which comes with Loreal cleansers) rub it all over my face and neck. Leave it on for about a few minutes. Rinse off and tone moisterize and I'm done.
I do like it.. makes my skin look more even toned but I wish it helped with acne. I'm still using it tho, in conjuction with some other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by azzy221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't break out often, but this broke me out and I'm still dealing with the aftermath... Wanted to love it, but just didnt work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

This is my HG HG HG product!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm even contemplating getting "OATMEAL" tattooed on my heart!
I have some scars, an oily forehead and dry cheeks and cleaning my face with oatmeal morning and night has cleared up my complexion and I am not nearly as oily as I used to be. My complexion is perfect! Even my scars are so much less visible... I cant believe the power of oatmeal! Anti-inflammatory, cleanser, softener.. what else!!!!!! Thank Heavens for Oatmeal! :D

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone, redness-prone skin, and I use oats to cleanse my face at least once a day. I just buy a bag of normal oats and tip a handful into a little bowl, then mix with warm water. I swish it around a bit to soften the oats and make the water milky. I just smooth this mixture over my face just as I would any other cleanser and wash away with warm water. It leaves my skin calmer, much less red, and helps dark spots to disappear. If I stop using oats for a while my skin really shows it's not happy!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love using oatmeal! It helps my face feel so much more refreshed, and it calms down irritation. my face feels softer and brighter after using it. I absolutely love oatmeal for so many things, except eating

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by chinney

This is amazing! I used oatmeal alone in the morning. At night, I remove my make up using olive oil and wash my face with my hada labo cleanser, then i use oatmeal last to cleanse my face. It is soooooo good. I haven't gotten any new pimples AT ALL. I'm pimple prone almost every week i get new pimples. But ever since using oatmeal as a facial cleanser my skin has improved so much! You really gotta try it! Can't really see effects on it lightening scars though.

But anw, this is too good to be true for the price you pay. And i love the smell!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had previously given this a raving, lengthy review, but have since then decided to edit and take it down 3 stars.

If you have normal skin, this would be great. For everyone else, this stuff is good as a face mask or body scrub. It's still fantastic, it just doesn't keep acne at bay on the face. Why would it, though? It's Oatmeal, not Benzoyl Peroxide.

It's awesome, just not for acne prone skin. You could easily use this in the morning as a simple cleanser before moisturizing and make up, but make sure to use a heavy acne fighter at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are struggling with acne try this. I wash in the morning with oatmeal and raw honey. tone with apple cider vinager and green tea. then I apply a light moisturizer with a couple drops of jojoba oil. at night I do the exact same thing except I use a cream cleanser to take off make up. if Im having trouble spots or my face is really clogged ill make a mask with aztec Indian healing clay. slowly but surely all my bumps are going away I have no oil on my face. just like another reviewer said I can wake up the next day forget to wash my face and by late afternoon look in the mirror and I still am oil free.. Im amazed..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by discoverylp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Background: I was infected with Staph Folliculitis ALL OVER my face. I thought that it was acne, but I was pitifully mistaken. Anyhow, I had such angry, red marks left over from all the pimples and the deep infection. My cheeks and chin were covered in these horrible marks of hyperpigmentation. Also, my skin was extremely sensitive, itchy, and painful to the touch.
---
Oatmeal Masks: I just mix organic honey and oats that I had made into a fine powder with a coffee grinder. I apply the oats liberally to my entire face. I tend to leave the mask on for at least 30 minutes but usually closer to an hour. When I first put the mask on, my skin is so red and irritated. When I take the mask down, my porcelain complexion is peeking through, the itchiness subsides, and the overall pain also subsides. I use oats to not only wash my face now but also as morning and nightly masks. It's honestly what has helped my skin remain calm and supple after this horrible experience. I will ALWAYS use oatmeal now! It's amazing and so nourishing. Plus, it's all natural so I don't need to worry about chemicals!
---
Tip: Use lemon juice on your face to lighten red marks. Lemon juice is a really reliable product for getting rid of redness due to its Vitamin C content. After 15+ minutes, rinse the lemon juice off with warm water. You'll notice that your face is a bit redder than usual just due to the nature of the acidity of the lemon juice. That's okay though because you can use the oatmeal mask straight away. Your marks will definitely fade and the oatmeal mask helps to calm any irritation that the lemon juice causes!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No