Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

on 5/18/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite scent from Bath and Body Works (Vanilla Noir is second).. It smells so luxurious and I always get compliments from my boyfriend when I use this lotion (and he is VERY picky about scents).. It is ultra feminine, and has a lasting scent. Definately my favorite lotion that I own.

on 3/26/2011 12:41:00 PM

Not my fave scent from BBW, but I still like it all the same. Moisturizing and the scent lasts a good part of the day.

EDIT: Changing my entire review. I recently started using this a lot more (now the bottle is like 3/4 empty) and I really like it! When I run out, I will be repurchasing this plus the shower gel!
I just love the scent. I don't know what changed but I'm actually really liking the scent compared to when I first bought it!

on 3/2/2011 1:56:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents from Bath and Body Works. I bought it when it was a new scent, and still to this day I love it. It smells really good.

on 2/18/2011 4:55:00 PM

I love this stuff! Not only is Bath and Body Works lotion of good, moisturizing quality, the scents are normally very enjoyable. Some of the scents smell good in the store but then give a headache later on. This one seems to only do that to me if I use the body spray too much as in too many squirts at one time. I love th elotion though. It isn't strong to me at all and I have always enjoyed this scent ever since an old coworker wore it.

on 1/19/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I received this as a gift and was excited to try it. But as someone who is sensitive to strong scents, this was just too overwhelming for me. I prefer that body lotions have a subtle scent, as the alcohol in fragrances* can be drying in lotion products.
...
Though floral scents tend to give me a headache, I enjoy the powdery undertone of this fragrance. I find that it smells best after it's been on the skin for a good 2-3 hours and the top notes have faded. I actually dab this on as a perfume since I find the product to be so heavily scented, though it can give me a headache if I'm not careful. However, if I wanted a perfume, I would have bought one.
...
Pros: unique scent, complex, pleasant undertone
Cons: product is too heavily scented for a lotion
...
*Yes, this product does contain alcohol, which can actually dry the skin out in the long run (fragrances are often alcohol-based). Read the ingredients!

on 1/17/2011 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been obsessed with Bath & Body Works products and this is definitely one of my favorite scents. The texture is not thick but instead very light. I tend to find that with most lotions I have used, the scent does not last very long. The scent is still there after a couple hours and it's not too overwhelming. This also moisturizes very well and will for sure repurchase.

on 1/5/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite scent from bath and body works. I really love this lotion and I take it to work with me every day. I'm a cashier at a grocery store so my hands get really dry. I always get comments on how great I smell from my customers. I will buy this forever and ever.

on 1/4/2011 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a pretty smell, but not something I would use everyday. It gets to be a bit too much for me. My mother loves it though and has the lotion and shower gel. I think it depends on if you like the smell or not. All Bath and Body Works lotions are amazing. They smell good, apply well, and moisturize. So, if you like the scent check it out and buy it.

on 1/4/2011 2:27:00 AM

This lotion has a creamy, warm, floral fragrance that's more tolerable than most other florals I've smelled. It also moisturizes satisfactorily after showers, and I use it a few times a week. I haven't gotten any headaches from it, which is always a risk with fragrance lotions for me.

Japanese Cherry Blossom doesn't have the luscious complexity of Origins lotions, but for the price and amount of product you get, it's decent, and the fragrance is inoffensive and pleasant, more so than many other B&BW fragrances.

on 12/31/2010 3:35:00 PM

Japanese Blossom is a sweet floral scented body lotion. I usually stay away from floral scents because they make me nauseated, but when I caught a whiff of this in Bath and Body Works, I decided to give it a try. It was okay the first couple of times I used it. Then the scent started to bother me. It became too flowery and not enough sweetness. I think I gave this away because I could not tolerate it any longer.

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products