April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very sexy bronze eye kohl. I use this a lot on my waterline and along lower lashline when I do a bronze/neutral smokey eye. Glides on smooth. This is a really pretty color on most skin tones and excellent for neutral summer makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I would never have bought this or even considered it if it had not been for the reviews here (which is what I love about MUA).
I have hazel eyes and find eye definition hard - my eyes are sensitive with crepey lids, my lashes are fine and fair and so for much of my life I have concentrated on lips and dyed my eyelashes.
I was introduced to the wonderful world of tightlining from MUA and whilst I love LM bleu marine, it can look a bit hard, and gel eyeliners take time and practice.
I love all MAC kohls, they are gentle and quick, but they can smudge a bit......but this is a revelation, I use it on my top waterline and on the underneath base of my top lashes and I don't know how but this bronzey goldy sludgey browny colour just makes my eyes look brighter and done up, it is a bit like the perfect lip colour which is YLBB and this is MEBB. I am totally amazed.
I would urge everyone to try this whatever their eye colour - I think maybe it is because it has a glint and a gleam in the colour which sticks to the underside of the lashes and just makes them sparkle. I am delighted.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I find MAC kohls quite hard and powersurge is quite light shade, I am light myself but this shade is not light enough to highlight my eye shape, nor define it. I use this on my brows and Id recommend this color also for teenagers who really want to wear makeup but cant pull off the black eye liner quite yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Really pretty gold-brown that goes on smoothly and wears really well. I wore it in the shower and it didn't come off. It's quite a light colour, but still defines the eye nicely. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by xokMb13

this is another product thats always in my makeup bag! on my 1st one, i kept my brand new one in my clutch but it broke in half (my fault) :[ i rushed back to mac to get another one! i have really really dark brown eyes & this color seems to brighten them up a little. i now get lots of comments on the glitter & how pretty it is, & i love how it's not an overload of glitter too, but it still shows and looks so gorgeous! i really didn't wear eyeliner too much, but after seeing this, i'm addicted :]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a liner because it doesn't really show up on me (NC42) i use this as a base for my really light e/s or use it as an e/s on the lid, blend it out and put black tied or a darker e/s in the crease and outter v, i was surprise to see the colour was so pretty. Would repurchase, and i think now i'll be looking into other pretty colour eye khohl to use as base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I would never have even considered this color if I hadn't see all the good reviews here. I have chocolate brown eyes and usually wear darker eyeliners, but this gold kohl liner is fantastic. It brings out a green color in my eyes I've never even seen before. They almost look hazel. Very fun! Plus despite the shimmer in this pencil it doesn't look like too much on my 43 year old eyes. I have teddy (which I also love) and both of these liners smudge, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. The line around my eyes is soft, but happily I haven't had it migrate down to my cheek or anything. It actually stay put pretty well for a pencil so soft. It doesn't last all day or anything and I typically have to touch it up at least once, but it's worth it. If you have brown eyes definitely give this color a try. I'll bet it would look really fantastic with light brown/hazel eyes too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most beautiful color eyeliner I've found yet. Love the color. If it went on easier for me I would be using it every single day. But as it is I have to warm it up to use it, and that's too much work. too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such pretty goldish/bronzish color! Looks great for both night and day, and I think it's perfect for summer nights. I believe this is kohl, so it will smudge more than other MAC eyeliners (might want to use a primer beforehand). Both the color and pencil last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hollyglightly

Very pretty olive-bronze liner. Really makes blue eyes bright. I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing blue contacts when I wear this. It sharpens ok, but you need a MAC sharpener for best results. I don't wear this everyday so I don't think I'll need to repurchase anytime soon.