MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl

4.6

on 10/17/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this color!! Don't be fooled by the color on the end of the pencil itself (it looks more gold than the soft bronze that it actually is), which almost led me to limit my use of this pencil to evenings out. This is a gorgeous, very subtle liner for anytime wear. I like to pair it with brown shadows of all shades, or with gold metallics for an evening look. The texture is lovely and easy to smudge, yet doesn't migrate or fade in the course of the day. The loveliest, most wearable metallic liner I have ever used, without question.

on 7/5/2009 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I never would have even given this a second glance if it wasn't for the reviews here. I am so glad I got this! This golden liner defines my eyes lightly and in a most flattering way. Not understated yet not over the top, it adds some shimmer and definition. I look awake and fresh and my eyes just pop. Glides on easily and doesn't tug the delicate area. It has good lasting power as well, even in the summer humidity and heat. This is perfect for the days I want to look polished but natural - it makes my make up look effortless! Definite rebuy.

on 6/27/2009 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very sexy bronze eye kohl. I use this a lot on my waterline and along lower lashline when I do a bronze/neutral smokey eye. Glides on smooth. This is a really pretty color on most skin tones and excellent for neutral summer makeup.

on 6/24/2009 3:50:00 PM

I would never have bought this or even considered it if it had not been for the reviews here (which is what I love about MUA).
I have hazel eyes and find eye definition hard - my eyes are sensitive with crepey lids, my lashes are fine and fair and so for much of my life I have concentrated on lips and dyed my eyelashes.
I was introduced to the wonderful world of tightlining from MUA and whilst I love LM bleu marine, it can look a bit hard, and gel eyeliners take time and practice.
I love all MAC kohls, they are gentle and quick, but they can smudge a bit......but this is a revelation, I use it on my top waterline and on the underneath base of my top lashes and I don't know how but this bronzey goldy sludgey browny colour just makes my eyes look brighter and done up, it is a bit like the perfect lip colour which is YLBB and this is MEBB. I am totally amazed.
I would urge everyone to try this whatever their eye colour - I think maybe it is because it has a glint and a gleam in the colour which sticks to the underside of the lashes and just makes them sparkle. I am delighted.

on 6/10/2009 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I find MAC kohls quite hard and powersurge is quite light shade, I am light myself but this shade is not light enough to highlight my eye shape, nor define it. I use this on my brows and Id recommend this color also for teenagers who really want to wear makeup but cant pull off the black eye liner quite yet.

Really pretty gold-brown that goes on smoothly and wears really well. I wore it in the shower and it didn't come off. It's quite a light colour, but still defines the eye nicely. I love it.

on 4/16/2009 7:07:00 PM

this is another product thats always in my makeup bag! on my 1st one, i kept my brand new one in my clutch but it broke in half (my fault) :[ i rushed back to mac to get another one! i have really really dark brown eyes & this color seems to brighten them up a little. i now get lots of comments on the glitter & how pretty it is, & i love how it's not an overload of glitter too, but it still shows and looks so gorgeous! i really didn't wear eyeliner too much, but after seeing this, i'm addicted :]

on 3/7/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I don't use this as a liner because it doesn't really show up on me (NC42) i use this as a base for my really light e/s or use it as an e/s on the lid, blend it out and put black tied or a darker e/s in the crease and outter v, i was surprise to see the colour was so pretty. Would repurchase, and i think now i'll be looking into other pretty colour eye khohl to use as base

Love this! I would never have even considered this color if I hadn't see all the good reviews here. I have chocolate brown eyes and usually wear darker eyeliners, but this gold kohl liner is fantastic. It brings out a green color in my eyes I've never even seen before. They almost look hazel. Very fun! Plus despite the shimmer in this pencil it doesn't look like too much on my 43 year old eyes. I have teddy (which I also love) and both of these liners smudge, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. The line around my eyes is soft, but happily I haven't had it migrate down to my cheek or anything. It actually stay put pretty well for a pencil so soft. It doesn't last all day or anything and I typically have to touch it up at least once, but it's worth it. If you have brown eyes definitely give this color a try. I'll bet it would look really fantastic with light brown/hazel eyes too.

on 7/28/2008 8:31:00 PM

This is the most beautiful color eyeliner I've found yet. Love the color. If it went on easier for me I would be using it every single day. But as it is I have to warm it up to use it, and that's too much work. too bad.

Top Rated MAC Products