September 21, 2014 | 1886 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This 'extra gentle' foam was very tough on my skin. It did clean it well, but dried it out like crazy, which is a pity since I really like the consistency of the product. WIll not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by blushkittie

Shiseido has to be one of the best skincare brands I've ever tried. My best friend introduced me to the brand while I was in college, and I've been impressed ever since. It's tempting to try new and exciting products, but I always go back to this formula!

The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam is very gentle to the skin (though you shouldn't rub it in your eyes, as with most lathering products) and takes off makeup, dirt, and oils from your skin. Due to its gentle formulation, however, this isn't a product that will guarantee the removal of extremely heavy or waterproof makeup, especially in the eyes. A second makeup remover would be recommended for that purpose.

In terms of packaging and product application, the cleanser comes in a flip-top tube, and only a small (pea-sized) amount is required to generate enough lather for the entire face. Massaging the whole face with the foam allows the dirt and makeup to come clean, and rinsing with water leaves your skin gently cleansed, with no tautness or feeling of dryness. This is great for morning and night.

If you have sensitive skin, and are looking for a gentle, all-purpose cleanser for day and night, this is a definite recommendation. (The product is also lightly fragranced, and should appeal to everyone with sensitive noses.) Using this product in conjunction with the softener and moisturizers will also complete your regimen. One of my all time favorites, an HG:)!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by skymovie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG cleanser. This one is really gentle. But it does perfect cleaning job. My skin is dry to sensitive type. So I have tried the highly recommended products, like the Cetaphil cleanser for dry skin and also the one for oily skin. The first is too gentle to clean anything and the latter is too harsh. I got the break out after using the Cetaphil product. However, when I switch to this Shiseido cleanser, my break out was under control. And my face feels really soft and clean after rinsing my face with water. I love it very very much!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by drok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well it is a soap based product but it doesn't dry at all. I used it in summer, it was really hot maybe that's why i didn't see any drying effects. I just used that on my face, didn't put any creams and everybody told me (skincare specialists also) how beautiful my skin is. It has also wonderful smell but it doesn't stay too much on the skin. Definitely but again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by anitahuynh

Just switched to Shisedo The Skincare range. I have been using the cleanser once a day at night, and using my Jurlique Soothing Foaming cleanser in the morning, because I am slowly changing over to Shisedo skincare range.
Price is reasonable for a "high end range".
Packaging is standard, just a plastic squeezy tube, with a screw top cap.
Product is excellent at cleaning skin and removing makeup. At first I found the cleanser to leave my skin squeaky clean/tad bit drying, but nothing the Shisedo Softener and moisturiser can't fix.
The cleanser has cleared up weird acne bumps I have gotten recently on side of my cheek, that I thought were due to my pillowcase/hair products but it was just my current cleanser was not removing the impurities good enough. I am happy with this cleanser, but I would only recommend it to people with normal combination or oily type skin people due to the feeling of squeaky clean felt afterwards, and it may cause some dry skin/sensitive skin types to react or make their skin drier.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just an average product with an expensive price. No doubt that it's the first foaming cleanser that doesn't dry my skin, I was expecting more from this product e.g make my skin softer and more supple but after washing my face, it's clean and that's pretty much it. My skin doesn't feel moisturised but neither does it feel dry. May be i'll purchase it if there's a sale just so that I could have a complete set of The Skincare products. For now, I think I would rather buy Olay cleansers at a fraction of this price!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ltsAlwaysSunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell, consistency, lather and packaging are great. But this really dries out my skin. I think this is better suited for people with combo/oily skin. It's also pretty expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product on and off for many years now. I stock up whenever I go to Hong Kong because it's too expensive to buy in the department stores here. It's light, smells nice, and cleanses the face thoroughly. One tub lasts >6 months because even a small amount will foam up. It works even better if you buy one of those soft round facial brushes and squeeze some product onto the brush and use it that way, it will foam more =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

This is a cleanser that I treat myself to every winter when Sephora's F&F sale happens, because otherwise there is no way I can afford to spend $30 on a tube of face wash. Luckily, The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam lasts forever -- FOREVER, so when I can get it for 20% off, the fact that I can use it for upward of 3 - 4 months makes its a worth while investment. I just take a tiny amount, mix with water, work up the creamiest, foamiest lather ever, and wash my face. The reason it's knocked down to 4 lippies (aside from the price) is because it does leave my face a tiny bit dry, but I think all foaming cleansers tend to do that to me. The smell is inoffensive and does not bother me at all. And, although this obviously isn't a huge issue in terms of skincare, I really love the packaging -- simple, clean white tube with red writing that dispenses the product super easily. I think that this cleansing foam works on a myriad of skintypes, as my mom (who has very dry skin), my sister (who has acne-prone skin) and I, with my oily/combination skin, all love it. Bottom line: during the Sephora F&F sale, we ALL stock up. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has been great. I've been using it for several weeks. It is worth mentioning that I use it with Clarisonic, and anything harsh would be too much exfoliation for my skin on a daily basis in my opinion. Also, while it does say that it's gentle, it is most definitely NOT the most gentle product. But I mean this in a really good way, a gentler product didn't really get the job done.

The cleanser itself foams up quite nicely with a really tiny amount. It cleans my face without stripping it of its natural oil or drying it out. It burns my eyes a little if it gets in them (certainly less burning than other cleansers I've used). I've noticed a big improvement in my under-the-skin breakouts and the size/appearance of my pores/blackheads. Again, this review is based on use of this product with clarisonic- purely because I don't use any facial cleanser by itself. And, it's not as if I never break out anymore or don't have any blackheads anymore. No product is a miracle worker and I do expect hormonal break outs from time to time, and the product itself doesn't do much for clearing up marks from old break outs, but I really don't see any one product doing much for that.

I can easily say that this cleanser is one that I've been most content with in a really long time.