October 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin has gotten to be extremely dry in my late 30's and finding a foundation that does not emphasize flakes has been quite a challenge. I decided to try Pro Lumiere, not expecting much, and have fallen in love with it. I get wonderful medium coverage that looks like my skin, only better. The texture is on the thicker side so I was surprised how natural this looked. I am NC20 and have the color nude. However, I think it may be just a tad too dark. I prefer this over Chanel's Vitalumiere for my dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

A big disappointment! I wasn't expecting such a horrible product from Chanel. I almost bought it right away because of my big trust in this brand, but I'm glad I decided to try it first.
    Pros: pretty much nothing
    Cons: Very sheer coverage, heavy sticky feel for at least 1 hour after application, staying power is also horrible.. I would say probably 3 hours at most. It looks natural if you apply very lightly, but if you're not getting any coverage, what's the point in applying foundation. You have to layer it to get a bit of coverage and natural look is gone.. For reference, my skin is combination with a slightly oily T zone and slightly dry cheeks, but nothing obvious. I am very sensitive to SPF and get bumps from it, but I didn't use this long enough to get reaction, so I cannot comment on that issue.
    I've heard a comment like "you look awful today" for the first time since I had my baby. And it was the first day I had this foundation on... Go figure..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

Update 2/16/11: I actually really like this foundation. I did not break out from this and it did not accentuate my dry pimples at all. This foundation also photographs really well. It is also THE perfect match for my skin tone. I didn't even realize it until recently when I was trying to clean my face. I was using my cleansing wipes to wipe my foundation and powder off, and I kept rubbing on my cheeks because I thought I wasn't getting the foundation off. I realized later on that I was already rubbing my face off (and not the foundation). But because the shade matched so well, I couldn't even tell which one was my actual skin! This was the very first time this has ever happened to me. I find this very surprising. Overall, I am very pleased with this. Could it be my HG? We shall see.. =)
    ***************
    A year ago, I decided to try Chanel foundations. I'm an NC35 and Shell seems to have matched me. They were having a national event at Nordstrom's and one of the makeup artists there (I'm guessing he's well-known since he was treated like the leader of the pack). but in any case, he convinced me that he wanted to do my makeup so I said ok (I wasn't wearing any so I guess I looked extra fugly that day. Lol). but anyway, he tried this foundation on me and set it with a powder and i swear, it lasted ALL DAY. i worked at the hospital afterwards and i did not touch up once. he didn't even put concealer on the dark blemishes on my chin. i usually put a gunk of concealer there when using other foundations because nothing ever seemed to be able to cover them up. on top of that, he didn't even use very much on my entire face, only half the pump. i don't know yet if this will cause me to break out or if the color really matches me (my bf seems to think it's still a little dark on me). i'll have to try it out and see. i will edit in the future. but so far, so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by MissAva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Consistency:
    I have suffered with DRY SKIN for so long and this is the only foundation that has not given me horrible crackly skin. At the same time it seems to be like an oil slick on my face...nothing a bit of powder can't solve though.
    If you have OILY SKIN, this foundation will not work for you. This foundation lasts me around 6 hours.

Colour:
    I am a MAC NC15/20 and I have been using shade '20'... I will be switching to '10' when I repurchase this as 20 is a little on the yellow side.

Price:
    This foundation is well worth the money though a little pricey. It photographs beautifully and is the best foundation I have used so far in my make up life. It really is the Pro finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sarah678619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To be honest, I was expecting a lot from this foundation and I managed to find one that was barely used from Ebay. Now I know why that lady obviously sold it on (when it still looked brand new even came in a chanel bag!) because this foundation is the worst I've ever used.

The only thing, and literally the only thing that is good about this foundation is the colour. I have really fair skin and can't be bothered to tan all the time and it suited my fair skin beautifully. But not only did it leave me feeling like I was wearing make up but I literally couldn't touch my face in case it came off... I tried everything, using primer, using a sponge or a brush, set it with powder (which gave me more of a matte look which defeated the objective of a dewy finish). It literally lasted two hours and after that I looked terrible!

There are many other foundations which are a lot better for a lot less money. The price is disgusting really for the little I got out of it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an ok foundation...certainly not as good as others I have tried. It does not look natural - it looks like obvious foundation on skin. that is fine if you like that look, but I like my skin to look more like skin. I will say if you use a sponge to blend it out, it looks much more natural, but not as good as a lot of other foundations. I found it had medium coverage, and it wore pretty well. (did not slide around or settle in pores). The main reason I stopped using it was that it has oxybenzone in it, which is a chemical sunscreen that is suspected to accumulate in body tissues...I'm trying to use paraben and chemical free foundations/sunscreens so I had to stop using this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No matter what I do, I cannot make this product work for me. My current skin condition is normal/combo-dry. I do have fairly visible texture (not acne) in my skin as well as Rosacea and this foundation completely emphasizes all imperfections. I just simply may not have good enough skin for this foundation. It doesn't go on well no matter if I use a primer, silicone based moisturizer, apply with my fingers, spone, paddle brush etc. The lasting power is several hours but certainly not long wearing. Coverage is certainly medium with a satin finish...not too dewy (when using a finishing powder) but not matte. This foundation could have been great if it didn't accentuate the texture in my skin.

NOTE: I'm NC20 and Cameo 20 was a PERFECT match.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation makes my skin look alive and healthy. I am generally very hard to match as my skin is a yellow undertone but very fair- NC15. I match to Nude 0.5 intensity. I love the coverage and the dewiness it gives me. I can get oily, but this doesn't make me a slick. I also use my fingers to give me the most natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by karafraser

This was my first Chanel foundation and i absolutely LOVE it! I have tried a lot of foundations, both high end and drug store, and in my opinion this is the best.

I purchased this foundation about 3 months ago in the colour Clair (20) which is the second lightest shade available in the UK. The colour range is not brilliant. Most of the colours i tried were quite strongly yellow toned and i do think that people with very fair skin may struggle to get a good match as the lightest shade is quite dark (probably the equivalent of MAC NC15). However, the shade i purchased does suit my skin very well, for reference i am MAC NC20.

When i first tried this foundation i wasn't at all sure about it, i thought it was too heavy. However, after a bit of experimenting i have found the best way to apply it and it gives a beautiful finish.

To get the best out of this foundation you do need to use a primer (as is true with most foundations). I use either Cargo Face Activating Primer (which is silicone free) or Clinique Pore Minimiser. Both work equally well and my foundation lasts a good 8 hours at least. I then apply the foundation with a brush. I have tried using my fingers but this doesn't work as well and i find the coverage too heavy. I only use a little, around a pump for my whole face, and apply it as thinly as possible. I then conceal with Laura Mercier SC. However, this foundation is definitely buildable and you could apply more to get medium to full coverage. Lastly i set with a powder, i have been using Estee Lauder DW powder foundation (just on my tzone) and this works very well.

This is a truly beautiful foundation and i will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've lusted after this foundation for years having received a sample in a magazine. I'm a foundation junkie - I think foundation is the most important step in making yourself up. I got matched with 10 Limpide (the lightest here in Australia) which is actually way too dark for my NW5-10 skin, but it can look okay if I use a bit of fake tan. The only thing I majorly dislike is that it constantly creases on my eyelids and that the smell is a bit off-putting. It provides a beautiful luminous, medium/full coverage that is extremely dewy. It is PERFECT for night time wear or when you're having your picture taken. I wore this to my year 12 formal and in the professional photos my skin looked glowy and smooth. It cost me $86 AUD which is kind of ridiculous, but because of it providing the best finish I've ever seen I think it's worth it.