July 31, 2014 | 1021 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - REVE DE MIEL Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by dnemoy85

I have finally found my HG cleanser for life! Only took me 10 years haha. I have always been a product junkie and loved trying everything out there. However when it came to my cleanser I was always annoyed that no matter what popular, well reviewed, good ingredients, or whatnot cleansers from the best lines I tried, they worked well for about half a year then completely dried out my skin. Seems insane for all the money we spend on high end products yet so many of them have horrible ingredients ( I had already tried all the srugstore lines in my teens and the quality is horrible -get what you pay for-so ahve neer looked back). After my last failed attempt and having spent $75 on Shu Uemura (since I love their serums and toners) cleansing oil which was supposed to have been my miracle product for deep cleansing and moisturizing (peopel all over the world are obsessed with it) it turned out to work for me for a week (where the oil did act like a magnet and really suck all teh dirt out of my skin and pores) but then compeltely clogged my skin due to the mineroil oil in it and started causing breakout and large pores. I guess it works for the lucky few but not me hence why I am too scared to ever try another oil cleanser again even though so many people swear by them).

Bought this cleanser today with Nuxe being a great organic line and this being about the last gel cleanser on the planet I havent tried and couldn't be happier. It smells like a dream and the main ingredient is honey (the rest of the ingriedients are amazing as well) and since honey is such a powerful healing ingredient along with moisturizing and being an antiseptic. Anyways I think thats why this cleanser works so well (the best natural ingredients for the best healing ever) and literally can be for any skin type since it is soo gentle yet deep cleans sooo well well never leaving your skin dry or causing breakouts.

I hope they never discontinue this along with the 1 store in my state where its carried since ordering offline can be a pain especially if the product arrives damaged :p

Recommend everyone who has been on the search for the pefect cleanser like me to try this asap, it'll be your last one! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this smells delicious! LOL... I am a fan of Nuxe, I used to use the Creme Nirvanesque and loved it. About a week ago I used a cleansing product on my face that helped with my oily, cystic acne-prone skin quite a lot, but dried my face to the point where if got flakey and sore, so I realized I needed a gentler cleanser to alternate. I got this based on the reviews, and I was afraid it would be too sticky, considering its name, but no - it's heavenly! I am actually looking forward to using this gel cleanser, this is how wonderful and yummy it smells, and how amazing it feels on my face. I use my "harsh" cleanser at night followed by Nuxe Creme Fraiche Light, and in the mornings I use this gel cleanser, and in 2-3 days, my skin healed, the flakes are gone, and it just feels smooth and silky. No breakouts from it either. I don't use it to remove makeup, so I cannot comment on its cleansing abilities, but it is truly wonderful for my oily breakout prone skin! One pump dispenses the right amount of product to clean my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gimmemorenars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yummy, like washing my face in honey every morning. I was using a AHA cleanser, so getting used to the more au naturelle cleanser was strange again. At first I thought it was making me a little oily, but then cut the amount of moisturiser I was using (result of AHA cleansing) and all is ticketyboo again. Leaves my face feeling clean, but not stripped and supple. Plus I adore smelling like a french breakfast!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser because it is extremely gentle, yet it removes all of my makeup. It almost feels like honey on your skin, and the foaming action is very soft. My skin is very dry but it also tends to break out (I'm in my 30s) and this is the perfect cleanser to balance my skin. The first time I bought this, I did not care much for the packaging. But Nuxe just switched to a great pump version and now I don't need to waste any of this (rather pricey) facial cleanser.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin that is prone to dryness or breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is wonderful! As is the entire line. Has done great things for my dehydrated oily skin. It does not strip the skin, but effectively removes makeup and keeps the skin even and soft. I get so aggrevated when I read these reviews and people say they won't repurchase this because of the 22 dollar price...seriously people, taking care of your skin shouldn't have a pricetag, especially when it is only $22. If you are considering this, go out and get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by waterlily26

My HG cleanser!I'm on my 2nd bottle and that says a lot--probably the only product I have repurchased myself!

This smells lush(honey sweet,but not sickly),doesn't foam(which I actually like,but will take a while to get used to for anybody) and leaves my skin clean but not at all dry!

It is not cheap but very reasonable given that a bottle last me about 5 months(also I wash my hands with it before washing my face),the pump packaging is really great too.

I LOVE LOVE it!For once in my life,I'm sticking with this one!:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by anna5155

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it'd be gentle for my skin, and it was. Perhaps a bit too gentle, since it didn't remove my makeup, and I barley felt clean afterwards. If you use a separate makeup remover you might like it.
The smell is nice, and the texture too. Will not repurchase, but I do recommend it for sensitive skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pokeadot

overall: this is a gentle cleanser that actually makes my face feel clean. it leaves my face feel soft, not stripped of its oils. the gel is a medium brown with a pleasant scent and little lather. i've been using this with the creme fraiche de beaute formula light and gentle aromatic exfoliant for over a month. i can see the improvement in the evenness and healthiness of my face.
package: a pump bottle that you can reseal.
price: $22 USD for 200ml. very reasonable i think.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Withnail

This is a great cleanser if you have oily skin but don't like to use something that feels like it rips your face off. It's really mild and you can use it as an eye makeup-remover as well. Smells like honey and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by aolena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall it is a good product – 1) smells divine 2) does not irritate my normal/dry sensitive skin 3) great as a morning cleanser (used alone) or a part of night routine (used in combination with NUXE EAU DEMAQUILLANTE MAKEUP REMOVER). Despite all that I probably wouldn’t repurchase it. It is good, but not excellent IMO.