October 23, 2014 | 1925 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by cstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is gentle. But after cleansing, in two or three minutes, my face would start to dry out. The dry patch around my mouth will show up. But if I apply cream right after cleansing, then no dryout at all.

And I don't like the strong smell very much. If I can find a better cleanser, I will not purchase this. But until then, since this cleanser doesn't cause me breakout and cleans well, I will keep using it. Just have to apply my cream reall quick afterwards. :-p

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cleanser.
PROS:
- My skin is sensitive and this cleanses my face properly without causing irritation.
- You need very little, a whole pump is not necessary so it lasts for a very long time (usually 10 months).
- It effectively removes make-up
- It does not leave skin dry or tight nor does it leave any residue
- It is very reasonably priced in the UK.
- The smell is divine.
CONS:
The pump dispenser dispenses a little too much of the product if you push it down fully. Easily fixed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first product from Nuxe brand,but probably not the last one :D.
Anyway,this is very MILD regular faical gel.Nothing WoWed.But,what I like the most about this cleanser it is really very mild,yet effective.There is no film left after I rinse this gel,just smooth skin without tighten feeling.I also like the fact that this can use even children 36 months +,that's telling me how this product is so natural.Even smell tells me that.Well,smell is somehow overpowering,something like raw honey in combination with hm.. rosehip tea???Well,I dunno..anyway,really natural smell,wich I actually don't like much,but I can live with that.
Well,I can't tell You about MU-removing properties of this,because I always use cleansing milk or oil to remove my MU,then use cleansers - that's how my cleansing routine goes.But this cleanser really strip any residue of cleansing oil/milk,but without stripping Your own sebum,because I don't have tighten-skin feeling after I use this gel.Well,It doesn't foam at all,but I don't actually care as long as I don't see any residue left on cotton ball efter this cleanser.
It has really very thick consistency,just like honey,so little goes a long way.Actually,I use 1 pump per wash,and it is really enough.Yes,package of this is really hand friendly.
Hm..will I buy this product again?Hm..No,at least not for now..why?Well,I need something what would solve my blackhead problems,and this one isn't meant to do..but,who knows,maybe this cleanser with time solve my blackhead problems,because I started to use this cleanser maybe about 1 week ago,and it is really early to tell how this acts with blackheads.Honey has really high properties overall for skin,so I belive it will do little something for my blackheads.And the most important: It didn't break me out yet or clogged my pores.
Anyway,this is very good cleanser and it really do what it suppose to do - to make Your face clean,and You will not go wrong by using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by dnemoy85

I have finally found my HG cleanser for life! Only took me 10 years haha. I have always been a product junkie and loved trying everything out there. However when it came to my cleanser I was always annoyed that no matter what popular, well reviewed, good ingredients, or whatnot cleansers from the best lines I tried, they worked well for about half a year then completely dried out my skin. Seems insane for all the money we spend on high end products yet so many of them have horrible ingredients ( I had already tried all the srugstore lines in my teens and the quality is horrible -get what you pay for-so ahve neer looked back). After my last failed attempt and having spent $75 on Shu Uemura (since I love their serums and toners) cleansing oil which was supposed to have been my miracle product for deep cleansing and moisturizing (peopel all over the world are obsessed with it) it turned out to work for me for a week (where the oil did act like a magnet and really suck all teh dirt out of my skin and pores) but then compeltely clogged my skin due to the mineroil oil in it and started causing breakout and large pores. I guess it works for the lucky few but not me hence why I am too scared to ever try another oil cleanser again even though so many people swear by them).

Bought this cleanser today with Nuxe being a great organic line and this being about the last gel cleanser on the planet I havent tried and couldn't be happier. It smells like a dream and the main ingredient is honey (the rest of the ingriedients are amazing as well) and since honey is such a powerful healing ingredient along with moisturizing and being an antiseptic. Anyways I think thats why this cleanser works so well (the best natural ingredients for the best healing ever) and literally can be for any skin type since it is soo gentle yet deep cleans sooo well well never leaving your skin dry or causing breakouts.

I hope they never discontinue this along with the 1 store in my state where its carried since ordering offline can be a pain especially if the product arrives damaged :p

Recommend everyone who has been on the search for the pefect cleanser like me to try this asap, it'll be your last one! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this smells delicious! LOL... I am a fan of Nuxe, I used to use the Creme Nirvanesque and loved it. About a week ago I used a cleansing product on my face that helped with my oily, cystic acne-prone skin quite a lot, but dried my face to the point where if got flakey and sore, so I realized I needed a gentler cleanser to alternate. I got this based on the reviews, and I was afraid it would be too sticky, considering its name, but no - it's heavenly! I am actually looking forward to using this gel cleanser, this is how wonderful and yummy it smells, and how amazing it feels on my face. I use my "harsh" cleanser at night followed by Nuxe Creme Fraiche Light, and in the mornings I use this gel cleanser, and in 2-3 days, my skin healed, the flakes are gone, and it just feels smooth and silky. No breakouts from it either. I don't use it to remove makeup, so I cannot comment on its cleansing abilities, but it is truly wonderful for my oily breakout prone skin! One pump dispenses the right amount of product to clean my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gimmemorenars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yummy, like washing my face in honey every morning. I was using a AHA cleanser, so getting used to the more au naturelle cleanser was strange again. At first I thought it was making me a little oily, but then cut the amount of moisturiser I was using (result of AHA cleansing) and all is ticketyboo again. Leaves my face feeling clean, but not stripped and supple. Plus I adore smelling like a french breakfast!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser because it is extremely gentle, yet it removes all of my makeup. It almost feels like honey on your skin, and the foaming action is very soft. My skin is very dry but it also tends to break out (I'm in my 30s) and this is the perfect cleanser to balance my skin. The first time I bought this, I did not care much for the packaging. But Nuxe just switched to a great pump version and now I don't need to waste any of this (rather pricey) facial cleanser.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin that is prone to dryness or breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is wonderful! As is the entire line. Has done great things for my dehydrated oily skin. It does not strip the skin, but effectively removes makeup and keeps the skin even and soft. I get so aggrevated when I read these reviews and people say they won't repurchase this because of the 22 dollar price...seriously people, taking care of your skin shouldn't have a pricetag, especially when it is only $22. If you are considering this, go out and get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by waterlily26

My HG cleanser!I'm on my 2nd bottle and that says a lot--probably the only product I have repurchased myself!

This smells lush(honey sweet,but not sickly),doesn't foam(which I actually like,but will take a while to get used to for anybody) and leaves my skin clean but not at all dry!

It is not cheap but very reasonable given that a bottle last me about 5 months(also I wash my hands with it before washing my face),the pump packaging is really great too.

I LOVE LOVE it!For once in my life,I'm sticking with this one!:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by anna5155

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it'd be gentle for my skin, and it was. Perhaps a bit too gentle, since it didn't remove my makeup, and I barley felt clean afterwards. If you use a separate makeup remover you might like it.
The smell is nice, and the texture too. Will not repurchase, but I do recommend it for sensitive skin types!