MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 6/13/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think that the reason this product has a relatively low rating is that it is commonly used incorrectly. The makeup itself gives great coverage, is long lasting and comes in a wide array of colors. The problem, I believe, is that many use it as a typical foundation which it is not. It's main purpose is for photography (hence found in the pro-only stores).

I use it often as a concealer or to lighten up areas of the face that I intend to highlight. When I am using it as a foundation, I never use just one color. I usually use two or three to give the face dimension. Depending on the skin type, I will often mix the foundation with a bit of moisturizer or primer. That takes care of the dryness that some complained about. It works well as a light base under sb airbrush foundation.

on 6/2/2012 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

OK, this is "the" full coverage makeup which all others will be compared to. It really does set the standard in Full Coverage. It's color range is vast and it wears just short of "transfer resistant", but it's finish is far more sophisticated than ANY transfer resistant base out there, period! A professional product which the average consumer can get their hands on. You may not want to wear this as an everyday base, but it has it's place. In the evening and in soft lighting when one is very fashionably dressed this may just be the only game in town. It's amazing for photography as well. Most Highly Recommended!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love MAC and I love this foundation!! I haven't come across a foundation that gives coverage like this does before. You can only buy it at Pro Stores though. I have dry skin but once I've moistuised very well this foundation goes on really really well. I use a primer aswell to fill in the pores on my skin and I set it with mac studio fix power (I like FULL coverage). It covers well and stays on all day and isn't drying on my skin. I think it's well worth €31.50 because you get a lot of product and don't need a huge amount. You can even use it as a concealer. I wish this came with a sponge for application and a mirror in the compact but other than than I'm happy with this product, would recommend it and will definately be purchasing it again!!

on 3/12/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Unfortunately this is discontinues in my country. I work in the entertainment field and I constantly use this for shoots. only drawback is that it doesn't hold up under the sun (i live in india) but apart from that. it is brilliant. covers up even tattoos and wounds beautifully,

on 5/16/2011 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this from the MAC Pro store after seeing LittleKiva's video about it.
I use a flat top Sigma HD brush to apply it.
It gives great coverage and its great value for money - 28g for £28
i recommend only using a small amount so it does not cake.
I have dry skin and i find it gives a dewy finish so i would not recommend this for oily skins.

on 5/5/2011 9:45:00 PM

The first week of using this product was amazing! colour match, everything! However as the days progressed, i started to develop little micro pimples all over my face. this product is horrible under heat, an hour in the sun will melt and clog pores(especially if you already have oily skin). i wore this daily and adapted to gossmakeupartist's routine. i wouldn't recommend this to anybody with oily skin, its way too heavy, even after sheering it down with a damp sponge..eventually your natural oils will thicken the product as hours pass.

on 4/13/2011 5:48:00 PM

I bought this foundation because I wanted a really full coverage foundation and Goss makeup artist and littlekiva said they liked it in one of their videos. I however, did not like it. I felt like it made my lines show alot more, and made me look old (mind you I am only 23). It just found ways to settle into my pores and look really bad. Now I use it as a concealer because it is the same as the studio finish concealer.

Im positive this product is now also discontinued,although I believe there is still some available.As an artist I have many of these in different colours mainly for concealing, its so much cheaper for a large compact and does a terrific job.Its' still available in India and I will stock up when I visit in two weeks

on 3/30/2011 7:32:00 PM

Pros :
Good coverage
Lasts a long time
Great selection of colours

Cons :
Hard to find ( I managed to find mine on Ebay)
Can look cakey if you appy too much
Is not water proof
Highly transferable
Lasts about 4-5 hours and then you need to apply powder or it will become greasy

I have combination skin, gets greasy in t zone and whilst this provides great coverage It just is not matt enough for me and it is also highly transferable, don't really want my make up going on my phone, boyfriends clothes etc. Therefore would not rephurchase. Would recommend this for someone with dry skin perhaps.

I love this product. I use it most often as a concealer (the formulation is similar to that of the Studio Finish concealer, though there are some differences).
I am currently using a shade too dark (not a huge deal) and will be picking up the right color next time I am at a Pro store (to color match and be sure...) but I will definitely be buying this again.
Plus, at $30 it is a much better value than buying a SF concealer.
I highly recommend that if you like SF concealer that you call a mac pro and have this product shipped to you.

Popular Crème Foundations