October 2, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am tired of playing the mineral foundation game, and I've never been a big fan of liquid or creme foundations but I thought I'd venture out. Riteaid drugstores are having a Cover Girl BOGO sale in my area so I bought a few different kinds of foundation for experiments. Last night, when I brought this and a few other things home, I tried out the foundation on one side of my face and Simply Powder on the other. This stuff seemed to dry before I'd even smoothed it out! I'm sure it's my lack of expertise, but this morning I mixed it about 1/2 and 1/2 with my Olay Complete moisturizer and applied with a foundation brush, then blended with a sponge while it was still damp so it wouldn't dry on me too soon. I am really pleased with the way it held up today - only light coverage because I thinned it down. I will say that when I put it on, it stung! It reminded me of the same stinging that I used to experience with a different sunscreen moisturizer (can't remember the name at the moment!) Anyway, I stuck it out and the sting went away in about 5 minutes - I'm almost positive that because this and my Olay has sunscreen, I created the sting myself. I'll try a different lotion tomorrow and see what happens - as for right now, I'm liking this foundation a lot.

Update: I am still really pleased with this foundation about six weeks later. I haven't had any unusual breakouts and it seems to last all day, kind of fades naturally. It smells a little funny, but nothing that lingers. I apply it mixed with moisturizer/sunscreen or just with a sponge, a light layer. Thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel very mixed about this product. I love the feel and texture but am not completely happy with the coverage - I wish that it did a better job of evening out my skin tone. I also wish that Cover Girl would expand its range of colors - most of them are far too pink for me. I'm not sure if I'll purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by tylehay

Excellent foundation. I have this is Ivory and it's just a smidge too dark and yellow for my skin, but it's summer now and it matches perfectly.

I read the reviews here and was hesitant to purchase it as so many foundations clog up my skin. It feels like it is loaded with silocone as it's so silky to apply, but it has no caused a single blackhead, whitehead or blemish (rare for me). The coverage is medium with a single layer and layers to almost full coverage if you apply another. I usually just use my fingers to spread this on but a stipling brush also works well.

It has a slightly luminous finish which I have always avoided due to my oily skin, but this just seems to 'set' well with oil. The skin looks so healthy and glowly, it's great.

It's $19.95 AU here ordinarily, but I got it as the grocery store for $16 on sale and will continue to repurchase it as my daytime foundation (I have 11 foundations in total, this is number 2 only after superfit). Light scent, not offensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by leo36

I needed to use something other than the usual mineral makeup (was making my face look powdery, cakey and dry). So I've been using this and so far I really like it. I do not find that it is heavy, or cakey at all. It goes on like a sheer tinted moisturizer. Stays on all day when used w/ powder. In the winter my skin is more normal to dry, so I don't think I would use this in the summer when I am very oily. I cannot think of anything bad to say about it (only been using a couple weeks), there is a smell but goes away almost immediately.

So I have been using this about a month and I still like it, I notice that a little goes a long way. About a pea size for half the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently started using this again and I love it!!!!!!!!!! It provides awesome full coverage for my acne and redness. It also has SPF in it which is always a plus. I know this is for mature skin, but I consider it a formula for anyone. Also Christie Brinkley swears by it and used to advertise for this product. Being my favorite beauty icon, that encourages me to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this on sale ($7 down from $12) so I thought I'd give it a try. Mistake! First things first - the smell is ridiculous. It has that generic perfumey cosmetic smell, but it's very, very strong (and I have little sensitivity to fragrances in products). It fades after a few minutes, but people who are sensitive to fragrances BEWARE. The product doesn't cause me to break out, but it's just so, so bad. It's heavy, sticky, and greasy on on the skin and the overall effect is mask-like. Not "perfect skin/matte" mask, but "bad foundation" mask. The color was also weird, having an odd whitish base which contributed to the mask effect. The foundation smudged off easily, and I have no doubt that it would slide off in hot/humid conditions. The only real positive was that the consistency of the product was good, not too thick or thin. It's a little closer to a tinted moisturizer in consistency, as opposed to a heavy-duty foundation, but the coverage overall was decent. All things said, I definitely would not consider buying this again at full price, much less on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is super oily and this med/full coverage foundation works great! I apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia before applying this to keep the oilyness at bay. Then I use the CG reg loose powder. It sets it nicely. I also use the advance radiance concealer. Its a tad watery but it works great under the powder. Great foundation. great price, nice pump bottle, and makes my skin look it's best!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kams64

I discovered this foundation with a sample this past winter. My sample lasted a week and when it was gone I bought the full size. This product is great! If you didn't know it was Cover Girl from the drugstore, I swear you'd think it was high end from a dept store. Lovely texture and finish. Love the pump bottle. My only reason for docking one lippie is that it is too moisturizing for me this summer. I'm sure I'll go back to it as the weather cools and my skin gets a bit drier again. Can't beat the price for such a quality foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation that I have ever used! I had recently given up on foundations and switched to tinted moisturizer, but this is better.
This foundation goes on light and easy like a tinted moisturizer but provides the coverage of a foundation. This is the only product that didn't settle into my lines or pores at all!!!! It feels great on my face and gives me a lovely radiance (not too shiny and not too matte). I top it with a bit of powder and it lasts all day. I am 41 and this definitely makes me look at least 5 years younger or more (as advertised). I also love the pump on this product (so fast and easy to use and hygenic).
2/25/11 UPDATE- Sorry to say this isn't working for me anymore. It started making me orange, so I tried the lightest color but it didn't work. It also is too slippery for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by aprilm99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a mineral makeup user for years. However I am having a bad ance breakout and needed something with more coverage. I received some samples of this in buff beige and thought it covered pretty well, so i purchased it with the coupon. At first I thought the coverage was great but the makeup felt so damp I wasn't sure. It also seemed to make the area under my eyes more wrinkled and I usually don't even see them. So I tried some extra moisturizer there under and that helped. Now that I have been using it for two weeks I think I have it under control and think my skin looks better than it did with the mineral makeup - that seemed to make the dry areas drier and the oily areas a mess; this makeup is very moisturizing (Olay!) and keeps me smooth all day. It does feel dewy (the dampness I mentioned above), but that keeps me from touching my face too much -- bad habit I have. I have not had any acne I can blame on this makeup, I am clearing up but not sure where to attribute due to other things I have changed. But I think this foundation works, feels great and I plan to buy it again.