July 26, 2014 | 1457 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tzenka

A few people say that this cream gives a glow. I don't find that to be true; the intense moisture cream and the night repear cream give the skin a real glow, but this one actually contains little sparkling particles, so what you see is sparkles, not glow. I guess you can buy cheap shimmer (better ingredients too) and make your face sparkly, if that's what you want. But for $600 a jar I'd expect something more spectacular.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by xoxoEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This made my skin glow! I will buy it again once I finish mine, which will take a while because a little goes a long way. I've tried La Mer but I definitely like La Prairie better

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by tzenka

I used a sample of this product. I wouldn't buy it. It's nice, sure, but for half of the price you can get a skin caviar essence and a cellular day cream and you'll be better off. But if you have a load of $$$ and like to try luxurious things, go ahead and treat yourself. It won't hurt. I didn't mind the smell and I am very sensitive. Give it only 2 lippies because I don't think it lives up to the price. But no bad reactions to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 3:00:00 AM More reviews by beautynyc

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, after applying this cream once, I decided I'd never do it again. True, the formulation is silky and is goes on beautifully. I expect that from La Prairie, BUT THE FRAGRANCE IS REPUGNANT! It never went away, and I awakened to that smell in the morning. I could even smell it on my pillows the following night. I'm sure there are some benefits from this cream, but please don't believe that "lifting" bit. A cream can NOT lift the skin, only facial muscle exercise and surgery can do that. Luxe Cream is also loaded with light reflecting pigments to give an instant glow. Personally, I don't like pigments in treatment products, they should stay in makeup where they belong. Oh, by the way, the Luxe Body Cream has the same nasty smell, which NEVER fades, even after a hand washing! Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by dkwilawan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a little bottle of sample. I agreed with some reviews about the smell - horrible. It smells like scented toilet paper. When apply to my face it is absorbed. But when I use magnified mirror to look at the skin, I notice small shimmer particles. La Prairie is cheating you. This is make up to make you skin glows immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by london1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE - LOVE - LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!! I have read a few comments about the smell being awful & overpowering but I do not find it to be true. I have tried all of the caviar products and find all of them have made my skin do a 360 (have received tons of compliments as well). I have been using La Mer over the last two years and was a loyal follower until I read the rave reviews on La Prairie. So now instead of spending a fortune on La Mer I am spending it on La Prairie - just purchased the 1.7 oz Luxe cream on E-bay so hopefully will be set for a while. My skin has improved so much in the last few weeks of using it then 2 years of La Mer...I just listed that last of my La Mer to Swap as I know I now have no need for it...also LOVE the cellular anti-wrinkle firming serum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

Outrageously expensive, but I don't need to tell you that- just the name conjours up $$$ signs!!! I got this in the recent NM in circle set. It comes with Luxe Cream and cellular cycle ampoules. All in a silver calfskin tote. I jumped through hoops to get this set. LP hardly ever has set like this and to be a the discounted price of $150 off retail value!!! DEAL! Anyway, DH had a hissy fit, but took it all back as soon as he felt my skin. Said it was all worth it and I could keep buying as long as it worked. It looks so greasy and heavy, but just sinks into your skin leaving it moisturized, but not greasy, just kiss my face soft. We'll have to see how long this jar lasts before I decide to buy it retail. But am very pleased with the overall performance of this. Some have said that the smell was overpowering. I think that it is a strong smell, but not an awful one and it goes away in a very short while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 5:25:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

I am surpriced to read all the negative reviews on this. I find this cream to be the best !! It makes my skin glow. It is always clear and radiant. I can't believe how good it has been for my skin. I ve using it for 6 months now and still loving it !The Price is just crazy tho !!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MightyD

Absolutely love this stuff - makes my skin feel so velvety soft the next morning. Horrifyingly expensive but well worth it and you only need to use such a tiny bit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells exactly like overly scented toilet paper. It isn't rich, it isn't effective, and it isn't fair to put something that smells this bad so close to your nose...and then (try to) sleep in it. It's products like this that make me lose all respect for an entire line. If I had actually payed for this I would probably be in prison right now. La Prarie can kiss my you-know-what.