October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by pandalucy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this two times, and both tubes went in the trash two weeks after starting them -- the two week mascara grace period! I have short, fine eyelashes and this formula did nothing for them. Would much rather go back to Covergirl Lash Blast, etc. However, it does look from the reviews that several people like this b/c it is vegan, more hypoallergenic, etc. If you have those needs, definitely try it out. But I feel that the formula/brush is mediocre at best.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by WaterNymphJCM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed! The first couple of days this mascara worked really well, but by the third day the formula was already dried up and crusty. It promises curl, volume, and length. It gave me length but that's it, and I care more about curl and volume than length. Beautiful packaging, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by emilykollaja

The first week I had this, i really enjoyed it. It gave me long and thick lashes, which is what every girl wants, right?
After using this for 2 weeks, the formula changed drasticly and became very thick and dry, causing the application to be so clumpy. I had to wipe off the brush every single time just to get a decent application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic product. Coats lashes quickly and evenly. The formula is thick enough that you really don't need to add several coats. However, if you do decide on a second coat, work quickly, because the formula will cake like crazy and you'll end up with lashes that feel as though they're coated with glue. The brush was strange at first but I figured out that if I use only the longer end, I get good results. Formula does tend to glop a bit on the lid if you're not careful, so keep a moistened Q-tip handy. Produces long thick dramatic lashes and I really liked using it. However, there's a downside. Since the formula is so thick, the product tends to become dried up around the rim of the tube. Since you're basically pumping air into the tube every time you use the product, you end up with a very sticky crust that gets worse and worse over time. At the 2-month mark, it just became too icky to use. Because of this, I gave the packaging quality a 2. The price is decent and Almay always gives good results, so I switched to the original One Coat that I used back in the day and am very happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm currently using this but I do think I prefer the One Coat Lengthening a little more. I have super, super sensitive eyes (I get styes so often I was told by an eye doctor to wash the insides of my eyes daily with baby shampoo) and this is the only mascara I've tried (other than the regular One Coat Nourishing) that doesn't bother me. I already have naturally full, dark, long lashes (I know, wah me) so I don't want something that's known for "OMG DRAMA LASHES!1!" because I'd probably look like a freak. And I wear glasses so they'd probably hit the lenses all day.

I do love how well this curls your lashes. I'm lazy and never curl mine before mascara. But this pushes them up for me if I tip my head just right which I didn't notice the lengthening version doing as much.

I have a feeling I don't use it "correct". The brush has 2 different sides, I'm assuming 1 for volume and 1 for length. I always just use the larger side...which I'm not certain what it does but I prefer it...which means maybe I should try the volume version next just to see.

I would probably buy this one again but I might try the volume version next and I do already have an extra lengthening (Walgreens had a 40% off all Almay a while back so I stocked up).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by sunshinegrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, im loving this mascara. It makes your eyelashes look thick and full, without that cakey "hey you're wearing mascara" look. I love how the packaging is more compact than other mascaras so it is easier to pack when traveling. Although many reviewers don't like the fact it's a little hard to remove i think its a plus because if i forget to take it off when swimming it doesn't look like I have a waterfall of mascara running down.. I just use some jojoba oil or makeup wipes to remove it completely

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's very comparable to the falsies mascara. the formula is awesome! BUT the brush sucks, I get the meaning of the 2 sided brush but it seems as a fail, if they would've used the brush in the thickening mascara I would love this, but until then I won't be repurchasing. Back to Almay thickening for me

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The effect this mascara gives me is amazing. It gives me super full, long lashes, it doesnt clump, it doesnt flake, it doesnt irritate me eyes, it last all day, makes my lashes look like they curl up, great wand...
But it is so hard to remove. Even when you think you have gotten it off, when you blink and see all the dark under your eyes... you freak out:- it is STILL there!- I loose a couple of lashes everytime I try to remove it. That doesnt fly with me. If I dont have lashes, where am I going to wear mascara right? So I take a lippie off for that, and another one because it feels really heavy on.

I wish I could find a mascara comparable to this in the price range, but that is easy to remove. Its a shame cause it makes my lases look so nice :(
I wont buy again unless I find a way to remove it easily

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by efiedorowicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love how it lengthens and thickens. Can't seem to find one as good in the price range (I will not pay huge $ anymore!). The only problem is that it is hard to remove (I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover) and as such I've decided to use it only for special occasions. I know that it is supposed to be nourishing, but all that tugging an d pulling to remove it cannot be good for lashes or under eye skin area. Too bad because the results for lashes are fantastc. I love the brush design, one side lengthens the other adds volume (all without having to oar multiple coats). It doesn't bother me, but I agree with others that it tends to dry out rather quickly and thickens in the process.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by smilezw

I do not like this mascara. It makes my lash sticky after applying it. it does stay for a long time without color fading. But there are too many good mascaras comparing with this one. I won't recommend this to other people.