December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by josiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Greatest skin product ever. Cannot go a day without it. ifyou have a facial at a spa, theymight use a Clarisonic.
I have had mine for several years, it still holds a charge for days and days. Makes your skin look great, worth every dime. Best buys can be found on ebay. I prefer my iwn cleansers though. I use Origins Frothy Wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

I've been using the Clarisonic Pro for nine months or so and I have been liking it so far. I use this tool on a daily basis and I find that it really takes off all dirt and make up off my face. I remove all traces of make up before I use this and you can actually see how well this little machine works. The clarisonic will pick up any make up that doesn't get removed (my brush is a different color afterwards). My skin feels a lot smoother, cleaner and softer; maybe it's because my skincare regime is absorbed better. Fewer breakouts and smaller pores. I have cut out using an exfoliator, I find that the clarisonic takes care of buffing away dead skin too.

I have a mild case of rosacea and with the delicate brush head (and Fresh Soy Face Wash) - I have no problems.

Con - If I was asked to make a decision again, I would definitely buy the Mia and not the Pro. I don't find the timer that useful and the Mia will probably work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by HotKee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this skin tool! I bought this to reduce dry patches and to reduce fine lines. After my first use, I had immediate results. My fine lines were nearly gone, and my skin was so soft even before I put the moisturizer on. When I put the moisturizer on, It soaked right in. I was skeptical about this product after reading all of these reviews. I opted for the pro model because it has three power levels and the option to set the timer for two minutes instead of the standard one minute. I use a foam cleanser and the two minute setting. Before this skin tool, I didn't wash my face regularly. I don't have acne or any major skin issues. After using this, I can't wait to wash my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleTogi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Skin Care Brush is an awesome tool to pamper your skin. The brush oscilates at a sonic frequency of about 300 movements per second. You wet the Clarisonic brush head, apply cleanser to your skin or the brush head and gently press the brush head to your skin. Moving the brush in circular motions Clarisonic recommends you spend 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 on your nose/chin and 10 on each cheek. A built in timer lets you know when it is time to move on to the next section. And you can set the timer for 1-2 minutes.

The results are great! The clarisonic stimulates the skin, cleans and clarifys. It's great for exfoliation without using gritty scrubs that can damage the skin.

The clarisonic comes with a brush head and it is recommended that you change brush heads every 4-6 months because of bacterial build up and the bristles can wear down. After each use you should also wash the brush head with a antibacterial soap.

The biggest drawback to the Clarisonic is the price. At $195 retail its not cheap. However, if you consider a facial at a salon can run $50 or more, the Clarisonic is a bargain.

There are a number of models on the market today. The newer models come in the Standard and Pro Versions. The Clarisonic company likes to think of the ProVersion like it is a "prescription" and this is the model sold by skin care professionals, doctors offices and spas. This version has 3 timer and speed settings and two buttons to use to toggle back and forth between settings. The Standard version has only one button to use to access settings and timer and is the version commonly seen at major retailers.

Though most Clarisonic's are white, the clarisonic also comes in a pretty limited edition pastel pink version with a portion of the sales ($10)going to breast cancer research and a grey version. Most Clarisonics come packaged with several samples of Clarisonic cleansers. Use with care as I have read it breaks some people out. I use Cetaphil cleanser with my Clarisonic and it's perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by klmhicks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been coming here for years and this is my first review. I thought the Clarisonic was nothing but hype and overrated and overpriced. I refused to spend my money on one and went with the Olay brush instead.

I then hit menopause and broke out in places I never broke out before, jaw line is a mess. My last resort was to start using drugs and I really hate using drugs so I bought the Pro through a local plastic surgeon. I've only used it for a week, once a day (in the evening) as per the estheticians instructions. I do not use cleanser in the mornings so I only splash my face with water or use Bragg apple cider vinegar. I use Vivete cleansers at night. This may change if my skin will work with something else. I only tried this line due to the skin issues I am having.

What I do know is that at this point is that my jaw line is much clearer as with the rest of my face, my skin is not oily, flaky or peeling from the acne creams I had to use and my skin is soft again. I keep feeling my skin because it feels so nice. I will update if things change for better or worse. I am really surprised and amazed what a difference I have seen so far.

All I can say is that this is working for me right now and I have great hopes it will continue to do so.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have my for almost 9 months now and it's been working great! I'm recommand this to all my friends!

Skin improvement: Definately noticable smoother and less white/black heads (though if I steam my face and use the blackhead remover stick, I can still get a bit out). Skin "absorb" skincare more effectively.

Regret: The only thing I regret is that I probably should've got the Mia model. I really don't need all the different speed setting and the body brush option, but since I got it as a gift for Xmas, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Bottomline: I'm really tempting to get a Mia (look at all the colours!!!) for myself. I already got 2 Mia for family members.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by staceybrennan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm purchased my clarisonic plus a few days ago and I'm already amazed. My skin looks and feels amazingly soft and fresh, and I can already notice improvements in my acne! So far I've found this product to be as great as all the other comments here!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

This product really took getting used to. I use the sensitive brush. The first few weeks, I went through a purge phase where my skin broke out SO bad. I have never really had bad pimples so this was new. At that point, I was ready to call it quits with this products, but I ended up sticking it out. GLAD I did. I now use this product once to every other day. It really softens my skins and opens up my pores, hopefully allowing my products to seep in better. I always use my clarisonic when taking off my makeup, but it really gets my face squeaky clean. TIPS- wash your brush frequently because it starts to smell bad. Also, I made the mistake of using the highest setting the first week I bought this. START OFF ON LOW, then work your way up to the highest or whichever setting as time goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by parisrose

I have this for 2 about 2 years now but I only found out how good it is recently.

I have been using retin-a every night. I think retin-a brings the dead skin to the surface. N clarisonic does a good job in removing the dead skin. The result? Glowing skin!

Yes it is pricey but if my current clarisonic die on me, I am definitely going to buy a new one. No doubt about that!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ancci312

I so wanted to love this product! As my profile says, I should have paid attention to the other reviews on this site with my skin type as it seems the brush exacerbated my acne prone skin.
In the beginning - my skin was quite bumpy with many spots all over my cheeks, splotchy marks on the cheeks, while other areas were not much of an issue. (Oddly, my t-zone is not the problem area, my cheeks are - this I hear is a hormonal issue)
In total, I used this product for 42 days, morning and night, as directed, with my own cleansers (I use Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Skin Wash and rotate it with Obagi Clenziderm's face wash) giving it at least a full month to see how my face would handle it. I will say that it did get rid of a lot of bumps on my skin and initially I was floored with what I was seeing. Over time, however, I found it really dried my skin out and left my skin looking strange... I can't explain it fully. Also, I ended up having HUGE whiteheads on areas I never do like around my mouth (how gross to be talking to someone with a pea-sized whitehead on the corner of it), and it ended up spreading the bacteria onto other areas of my face giving me acne on places I RARELY break out on. For example, my temples were completely clear as was my chin and the surrounding area of my nose and upper lip and jawline, and today, 42 days later, there are still acne on my temples that are in clusters - which is an indicator of the bacteria having spread. Initially, my skin looked smooth but it was strange - I started getting blackheads where I have never had them before (I should mention, I don't get blackheads on my face, besides that of my nose), and I still have red marks from leftover acne.
To summarize, I think this brush is fantastic for those who don't have acne, or acne prone skin. For those of us that do, I hope my review helps because the brush does and will spread your p.acnes bacteria to other sides of your face, ladies and gents. (at least it did to me) Sephora has a fabulous return policy, and I was able to return this brush, no problem. Once I get the acne under control and am looking for something to give me a nice polish at the end of the day, I think I may re-purchase this baby, however, at this time, it's a pricey gadget to sit in my drawer, unused.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No