Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I dont know but this thing clocked my pore and broke me out badly. I started this product and hoped it would improve my acne prone skin but it just made my skin even worse and hurt. Eversince i stoped using this my skin is feeling better though acne doesnt seem to go away but it has started healing. I would never want to recommend this to anyone or ever want to try this shit again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i almost get done my first bottle of 500ml. love this product so much! it's different to other cleansers. i use this only on my face. i love how this cleanser moisturized my skin without makes my skin become more oily. actually, i don't feel my skin's clean whenever i use this. but i saw my pimples and blackheads gone. so i thought that it's just the effect of its moisturized.
will never change my cleanser ever :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It didn't give me any breakouts which is good but I didnt feel very clean either. I guess it could of been worse.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this recently after researching how important ph balanced cleansers are and remembered having luck with this 13 years ago while I was staying in a furnished cabin. I used it for about a month back then and my acne cleared up and my skin looked amazing. Back then I remember not liking the texture or smell at all but used it because I forgot my own cleanser. I still don't like the non-lathering, weird glue smelling stuff but have having such bad skin troubles I gave it a shot. It seemed to not clean my skin well enough and not rinse completely off. I read reviews like crazy before hand and no one else had this problem :( For having such lame ingredients; parbens- which I read cause cancer though there's debate whether they effect you in a cleanser because you rinse the product off right away, but they are banned from products in other countries so there's that, and sulfates which is an irritating detergent that can disrupt your ph of your skin, cetyl and stearyl alcohol, which according to cosdna.com, are both irritating and acne causing. So I definitely don't feel it's worth it for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone, easy break-out after stop BC pills.
I just started to used Cetaphil 7 days ago and I can feel significant difference compare to others brand-name cleansers. I have tried: Special Cleanser Dermalogica/La-Roche Possay for oily sensitive skin/Garmade Sebo-Control/Origins Mushrooms Relief (this one is ok, i rated 3 because I don't feel clean after cleansing). Those cleaners are too strong for my sensitive combination skin. They make my skin feel tight and irritate and rash really bad.
I don't know if Cetaphil could wipe out my red prone-acnes or not but what I can feel now is relief for my skin and super clean after cleansing.
Updated: OK. After 12 days trial Cetaphil, i realized that it cannot wipe out my acnes. Actually, it getting worse. So i would not recommend for acne-prone skin. It might be used with anti-biotic and anti-acne serum because it's too gentle so it cannot kill bacteria in your clogged pores.

This had the Good Housekeeping seal on it, and since I'm definitely not an expert on what constitutes good housekeeping I decided to take their word on this.

I love this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and many allergies and this is mild but gets rid of all of your makeup and face grunge. My skin tends to be dry as well, and, as I live in a place where the air hurts my face in the winter (Chicago) I can't afford to use a cleanser that is harsh. This keeps my skin perfect, and I don't have breakouts when I use it, either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've used this because I thought I needed something gentle to resolve my acne- not to further irritate it. I felt like it did nothing to my face. It's not a strong enough to cleanse. I wear makeup and always cleanse first with makeup remover and then this. But it didn't help with my acne. My pores were still clogged. No, won't buy it again

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I have oily and sensitive skin and after 1 month of using this cleanser I started breaking out and turning completely red. This has bad ingrediants in it and honestly just was HORRID for me. Will not buy ever again, and would not recommend to a friend. However using the cerave foaming facial cleanser saved my skin, no it didn't help with oil but it calmed my skinned down, and over all was the most gentle.

I've heard SO much on this dermatologist-recommended cleanser before finally getting my hands on it...

This is a very mild, fragrance-free cleanser that does not lather...at all. In fact, it feels like a very runny lotion that somewhat removes impurities without drying it out at all. However, a seperate make-up remover is required, I suspect it doesn't act as a make-up remover and cleanser all in one.

I would recommend this to dry-normal skin... or sensitised skin that requires some soothing action.

Put simply, this stuff saved my skin! As a long-time user of Clinique’s Facial Soap Bar I was shocked (and more than a bit annoyed) to discover I could no longer use it as it caused my skin to react the worst it has in a very long time. One of my friends recommended this to calm the angry, red, hot and itchy mess my face had become and after the second use my skin was (almost) back to normal.

I’ve now been using this for about 3 weeks and can honestly say the skin on my face looks better than it has in a long time. I’m not suffering from the red cheeks or horrible dry patches I used to get – which I now suspect was caused by the Clinique soap being too harsh for my skin - and this has never broken me out either. It doesn't smell the best and has a slightly weird gel-like consistency that takes a bit of getting used to, but overall I will definitely repurchase this once my bottle’s empty. For a drugstore product it's on the more expensive side at £7.19 (from Boots), but I personally think it's worth every penny. Especially when you consider I can buy two of these for the price of one Clinique Facial Soap Bar.

Video Reviews & Tutorials