September 2, 2014 | 1960 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Criminally underrated. No, it won't remove your makeup (because it is a cleanser, not a makeup remover) but for what it is, it's one of the finest products out there, ugly packaging notwithstanding. You really don't realize how much of a toll the perfume and foaming agents in almost all other skincare products are taking on your skin until you discard them for something better. And Cetaphil is by far the cheapest and most accessible "something better" there is.

No, it doesn't foam, and no, it doesn't smell like flowers -- and those are GOOD THINGS. No, it's not infused with any fancy vitamins or antioxidants -- also good, since vitamins and minerals will only benefit your skin if you actually eat and digest them. This is a no-nonsense, ultra-utilitarian cleanser that will do its thing without irritating or harming your skin while doing it, and with no unnecessary extras driving up the price. Sad that 99.999% of other skincare products can't say the same.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by countrygirl28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This totally dried out my skin... I know it works well for a lot of people but it eft my skin feeling very tight and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hapticmotion

I recently had to downsize price wise for items, and went back to Cetaphil for my cleanser. My face hasn't broken out because of this (i think its the other stuff that i have tried) and much more accessible if you're on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

This face wash has me torn. It took me a while to decide whether i should click yes or no for rebuying.

PROS:
- balances my combination skin beautifully
- has no scent
- nice thin, smooth consistency
- doesn't foam/bubble which makes me feel like it doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils
- makes my skin smooth
- packaging: I prefer a pump to a squeeze bottle

CONS:
- price. It was around $18 for a big bottle, but I had to use 2-3 pumps each time as it didn't foam, which made it last not as long
- not good at removing makeup because it doesn't foam

I bought this a couple times and loved what it did to my skin but I don't think I will buy it again because of the price. I went through a big bottle in only a few weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this cleanser based on great reviews, and it definitely is gentle and non-drying. Great packaging, with convenient pump. However, I've been starting to use more natural products lately, and I stopped using this once I paid more attention to some of the awful ingredients. Sodium Laureth Sulfate? Not sure how they got around this, but it's known to be a skin irritant. Also, three different parabens?? Associated with breast cancer. Nothing beneficial about these ingredients at all (besides water!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by truthorpears

I love this cleanser! When I first started puberty, I absolutely knew nothing about skincare and so I just used the cleanser my sister was using that was prescribed by her dermatologist because she had bad acne. Unfortunately this cleanser did not work for my sister at all. Now I tried the cleanser and it works wonders for me, its not drying at ALL unlike most facial cleansers (e.x. Foam, Oil etc). And it is extremely gentle! So gentle that it will take a few washes before taking makeup off entirely but isn't that why there's makeup remover?? Anyways I totally recommend this to someone looking for gentle cleanser but not for someone trying to treat acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by caramelwingz87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser since I was in high school and now that I am 27 I have decided to stop.

I found that upon closer inspection of my skin after washing it, a white residue would be left on my skin from this product. I have also visited Acne.org because i suffer from acne and this product contains a couple of ingredients that can clog pores or break you out even though it is classified as 'non-comedogenic". When i look at my chin area I notice that it is full of white film that has been dried up even though I continually wash my face with water and a face towel.

Anyway, I no longer buy this stuff, I'm trying to find products that do not leave residue on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by earthlyvixen024

I love this for removing my makeup in the evening as well as a wash. I have super sensitive skin and need to usually apply a generous amount, but I notice that my skin is much happier when I use it before bed. I stopped using it for a while and my skin just wasn't the same. I will definitely keep using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by alynn05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. But It's not my HG Cleanser. I prefer facial foams.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

Don't you just HATE when you make an impulsive decision? That guilty feeling of "YouTube made me buy this and I'm not rich so I should probably stay away from it for awhile"? I stumbled upon a few reviews and stuff about Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and they were "OMG I love this product" so when I was at my local mall I stopped by the drugstore just to check if they had it. Surprise surprise! It's USD$32 the smaller bottle. I thought OK, so this must be good. I'll give a try. I should say I have combination skin, not too sensitive, gets drier during winter time and I have tendency to blackheads and a few pimples here and there. Nothing too tragic, I actually have decent, rather healthy skin so I don't ask for too much on a cleanser. This stuff does nothing for me. It's drying and makes my face feel tight (so this is how Botox feels like?) and doesn't even take make up off very thoroughly. I don't know what to do! Should I use the whole bottle because you know...I paid for it? Should I just buy something else? What was I thinking! It's full of chemicals! I wanted to say good things about you Cetaphil...I really did.