April 16, 2014 | 1272 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Great for dry skin. VERY moisturizing, but not actually greasy.

CONS: A little expensive. Not good for those who don't want contamination by their fingers, but that's not an issue for me because I apply when I have clean hands anyway. Some will think this nutty scent is just too much. (The scent is very strong.)

ALTERNATES: Tree Hut Body Butter and Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter (carried at my Walmart) are pretty good dupes for these.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this body butter! I love that it smells sweet and creamy, like a dessert. If you don't want to smell like a cake or chocolate, then you probably won't like this.

However, the texture is lovely and does a great job moisturizing and protecting my skin from harsh Canadian winters. Though, now that I live on the West coast (instead of the drier East), I find that this cream is a bit heavy for the wetter climate.

The only thing I don't like about the Body Shop is that their creams have parabens in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

--For years I avoided The Body Shop because of their greasy Body Butters and overpowering scents. I.was.wrong. While I still believe that most of their products smell WAYYY too strong, this body butter has a wonderfully mild, organic scent (If you want unscented, try the Aloe).
--While I love the scent, I also think this stuff is super moisturizing. The texture is so nice to put on! I use this on my legs only, and I apply it right after showering and shaving my legs. It absorbs pretty quickly and doesn't feel too greasy.
--If I apply it any other time than right after I shower, I feel like it doesn't absorb as well and stays greasy. Overall, its worth buying because nothing else moisturizes my legs as well. The jar also lasts a pretty long time. I don't love the screw on lid for the jar though because it is hard to put back on when your hands are all greasy from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! Amazing gentle scent and non-greasy, leaves my skin so soft. I go through it too fast , use it everyday!!! My skin loves it!!!! My favotire body butter from the body shop by far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought brazil nut sounded boring so I didn't try this until I found it at half price, and I was very positively surprised! It smells really sweet and nice (not really like brazil nuts, do they even have much of a smell?) and works great for my dry skin and very dry hands. Certainly one of the best body butters I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mmmm, I bought this just before I went to Cuba last week - I wanted some serious hydration for the punishment I was going to put my skin through, and also love the smell :) I haven't had a BS Body Butter in ages, and I was pleasantly reminded that I love them! It made my skin ridiculously soft and smooth, more so than I can remember it being in a long, long time. I far prefer this smell to the others, in particular the coconut one is somewhat fake and cloying, and the cocoa butter just didn't sit as well with me (although it is similar to the brazil nut). I have eczema and have started paying serious attention to how much fragrance is in a product - I can't give it up completely but I find if I'm careful and choose products that don't list fragrance high on the list (best if it's one of the last ingredients), then I don't have a problem. Even though this has a definite smell, I was pleased to see its one of the last listed! So it didn't cause any irritation to my skin at all. Definitely am going to repurchase! *The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 was because 1) I'm very picky rating anything as 'perfect', and 2) while hydrating, it doesn't last as long as some other creams I've used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this faithfully for the last 8 years, one of the few products I feel I never need to seek a replacement for. I've alternated a few different TBS body butters however, none of the other body butters hydrate quite like this one. Its a thick, greasy cream which penetrates immediately into skin and leaves it moisturised for the whole day. The smell is like sugar coated nuts, rather than the actual smell of brazil nuts, its absolutely yummy in my opinion, but its a bit too sickly sweet for my mum. Its great on elbows, knees, and dry heels. I always use a little bit around ankles and bony areas before applying fake tan, gives a nice natural gradient. i prefer to use at night after bath or shower and slather on alot, but I've had no problems with it being greasy when I put on less during the day time. Be careful of how and where you store it, i took this on a holiday with me, the weather was very hot and humid, and the tub lay in my suitcase on the side for a few days, some of the butter melted away. My only problem is that its fairly expensive here in Australia at 27.95AUD, it runs out fairly quickly, but it is a top notch product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Body Shop body butters, and I have tried most of them but this one is my FAVOURITE!!! Yesterday I was told by TBS sales assistant that the whole brazil nut line has been discontinued in the UK, as Brazil Nut and Almond lines were the worst selling ones (what?!!)... SO sad... Gladly I bought the whole line when it was on sale in January.
It smells amazing, so comforting and soft. It moisturises beautifully - not sticky, no residue, easy to work with.
try to get it whilst you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite body butter EVER.

BUT it has just gone into my local Body Shop sale (Xmas 2009/Jan 2010) And it is being discontinued in all UK stores as far as I've been told. This is RIDICULOUS to me as it has the most reviews in the Body Shop section on this website!! I don't know what they are thinking in discontinuing it. Hopefully they will keep making it for future sales?

It smells just divine, a toffee like scent and it is one of the most moisturizing out of the body butter range. I took this on holiday with me last summer and it also kept the gnats away!! I'd recommend this product (as well as the Brazil Nut Whip lotion) to everyone and hope that it isn't being discontinued for good!! XX

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love! I didn't have good experience with body butters in the past due to its overbearing scent, sticky and heaviness, oily residue, and lack of ability providing adequate moisture beyond my Aveeno lotion but reading all the good reviews here I decided to give it a try again since my legs are becoming lizard skin in the cold lately. Thinking about it, $20 for a tub of lotion when I can get one for around $7 is expensive but what I'm looking for is the experience of feeling pampered and luxurious when I use it and it's exactly what I get.
First of all, the smell of this butter is amazingly light and natural, not overbearing at all so I can still wear perfume if I want to over it. It's not too sticky, or heavy, or too light, but melts into my skin on contact and leaves a slightly sheen. It also spreads easily so I can massage it into my skin slowly.
Not only does it work, this product also leaves me excited to moisturize and look forward to taking care of my skin. A+ product